Dickey's BBQ Pit

Has anyone eaten at this place? We have one near the office and we're talking about ordering it for lunch. Anything you'd recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/08/29/woman-sips-toxic-tea-at-dickeys-barbeque-survives/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's pretty good, but a bit overpriced for what it is. I like the place though, and go there occasionally when I'm craving some bbq. I keep it simple, though and get either a chopped brisket sandwich or the bbq stuffed potato. I have a thing for bbq stuffed potatoes, ever since I was a kid and we used to use our leftover bbq to stuff baked potatoes. Yum. So, that, and an iced tea.

Texasfag here. IMHO it's meh-tier BBQ. Nothing special. Not bad. Not great. Nothing on their menu stands out. Very mediocre.

We have em in california, it's alright, not bad but not great. Honestly for the same amount of money you could get some real bbq and be more satisfied.

Pretty good sides. Brisket was dry. Free ice cream cone

It's the only BBQ place near the office, it's either that, McDonald's or a pho place. I'm not against pho and might just get that

It's a chain place so I wasn't expecting it to be amazing but good to know. I'll see what the rest of the office wants.

Cool, I'll see if there's any coupons online.

>Reddit spacing

I was answering 3 different posts, how exactly was I supposed to respond? This whole spacing thing is one of the dumber concerns on this site.

I hate pho personally so I would get the bbq, it's not cheap but it's definitely better than mcdonalds or shitty dishwater.

It is autism, don't even respond

It's good enough that I've never come away feeling like I wasted my money. The pulled pork is pretty tasty and the spicy BBQ sauce they keep hot by the soda fountain is great.

The spicy sausage is the best thing they have. Not bad for once in a while thing.

I remember it being over priced and not very good at all. Try a Famous Dave's if you want a better franchise BBQ place.

>Texasfag
>BBQ thread
Instant disregard.

If it's your only option for BBQ it's fine, and it will fill the craving for bbq meats but don't expect to be wowed or blown away. Adequate if a bit expensive.

>iced tea
dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/08/29/woman-sips-toxic-tea-at-dickeys-barbeque-survives/

I tried it once. It's ok, but kind of mediocre. Not really worth the price

Different user but fuck you man. Texas bbq is the best.

Should be a decent place for lunch at work.
But there's no reason to eat there otherwise.

the place is alright
food is decent and free soft serve ice cream and keep children quiet for a while

but for the price you pay and the ammount you get
its not really worth it
you're better off trying to find a Famous Daves

there food is pretty good, but the one by me is depressing
>free icecream machine that doesnt work
>staff doesnt seem to give a shit, not bad service, but they reek of weed, and dick stank
>catering van outfront has been parked there since they opened.
>tires flat as a pancake
all in all, the food is good, atmosphere could use some work

The fuck even is reddit?

You're an retardo m8.

As is evidenced by your shite taste in bbq.

That’s an odd way of spelling Kansas City.

O B S E S S E D

They're pretty good, to be entirely honest with you, OP. I usually just get the ribs with a side of coleslaw and baked beans. The drink cups you purchase are for keeps and you get free ice cream (which I think is unlimited, provided you make a purchase). They also have desserts and different selection of barbecue sauces (if I remember correctly, it is regular, sweet, and spicy, but I could be wrong). Overall, it may be somewhat pricey for some, but it's a good place to check out.

I don't even feel I can accurately judge KC bbq because every time I get it when I'm their, it's covered in overly sweet and smokey sauce that completely overpowers any flavor the meat might have had. Not a fan.

Kansas Style bbq is usually just a dry rub senpai. U gotta have some rubbed burnt ends.

Ive had it once. The pulled pork was meh, nowhere near enough spice but it was cooked well and had a depth of flavor.Tthe fried okra was great but that's really hard to fuck up.

I like it. Always a good choice. Inexpensive for BBQ. BBQ can be very pricey. Brisket is good for the money.

It's ok, but they way they operate is a little weird. It's very slow because they measure the weight of all meats that you order with a scale. I've never seen them clean this scale and they just slide the slabs of meat and chicken around on the same surface to cut it.

love it. recommend their ribs, pulled pork, or briscut.

As with all BBQ places the best way to ensure quality is to get there pretty early when everything is fresh out of the smoker. If you get food later in the day its going to be dry and bland.