Whiskey recommendations

Recommend me a whiskey around $30 CAN.
All I've had is the Jim Beam red stag and Famous Grouse.
I want to try some new things, but don't want to waste money on a bottle that's overpriced for what it is. Thinking of something Irish or Canadian just so I can have all my countries down (Yes I'm autistic)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s6jSqt39vFM
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Red Stag's pretty good. Devil's Cut is better.

Tullamore Dew is solid if you wanna stick with Irish

I wouldn't drink that shit outside of a cocktail.
Jameson is usually $20-$30. Bushmore too, in some places. You should avoid Canadian whiskey in general. The occasional good one isn't even available outside of their country.

Can I get some bourbon recs?

I really enjoy the spicy-ness of Bulleit of the sweetness of something like Buffalo Trace or Makers Mark.

You can't get good shit for $30.
Best you can do is Forty Creek Copper Pot Still or Alberta Creek Dark Horse when on special.

Any Weller. If you can't find them look for Four Roses Small Batch or Single Barrel.

My nigga. Those are both really good ryes for the price.

Glenlivet is my fav

>Tullamore Dew
Veeky Forums made me fall for the Tullamore Jew meme.
It's not great, no horrible, but not great.
For me it's 2 gingers, the best irish beverage

I just bought Glenlivet for the first time, and I really like it.
Any similar recommendations for a scotch newfag

Rebel Yell is really nice for the price.

Benchmark is Buffalo Trace's bottom shelf brand and it's really nice for the price as well.

>Billy Idol endorsement
No thanks reddit

Kid, Billy Idol is not what I think of when I hear "rebel yell."

youtube.com/watch?v=s6jSqt39vFM

>Confederate whiskey
Oh, so you're a racist?

Of course I'm racist. I'm white. I couldn't be not-racist even if I wanted to.

Reported for racism

Kilbaggan is shit Irish whiskey

If you actually want a good Speyside that's inexpensive but tasty try Glenfarclas.
Other good distilleries from around Scotland are Balblair (Highlands), Clynelish (Highlands), Arran (Islands), Glengoyne (Highlands but it's basically a Lowlands profile) and Caol Ila (Islay)

Is there a distillery that makes objectively bad single malts, or are all bad scotches blended?

I heard Mcclelland scotch is horrible.
Never tried it, buts it's cheap at my local liqour store.

Awesome.
I'm gonna give a few of those a try. Glenfarclas sounds like a great drink

If you like Jim Beam, try Knob Creek whiskey. It's the same general flavor profile but smoother and better filtered. Plus it's a Jim beam brand

Eagle rare bourbon whiskey, and Bulliet Rye are set at a pretty good price point for the product.

>Bulliet
You mean MGP mass-produced rye

>mass-produced
Most whisky is mass produced.

MGP brings it to another level of factory mass production

Why is High West such garbage whiskey?

>I only drink small batch spirits
Are you in SF, per chance?

Nah, it just happens to be that Red Stag was shown to me and I liked it, and I picked up a bottle of Grouse on a whim when I was in the LCBO.
I've actually only bought two bottles of whiskey in my life.

I meant to respond to Distracted phone posters are indeed a cancer.
They sell to even the highest rated rye whiskeys and most of those that are frequently touted here. Why do you act as though it is a bad thing?

>Why do you act as though it is a bad thing?
Because most claim it as their own "craft" whiskey.
When in fact it is overly ryed mass produced garbage.
t. Portlander

>most of those that are frequently touted here
Oh wow, I'm so sorry I ever doubted these whiskeys. If Veeky Forums says they are good, then they must be good.
Most goy just drink what people tell them are good whiskeys

It's Bushmills 10 year but with a serious after burn.

>(((They))) sell to even the highest rated rye whiskeys

Old number 7. aka Jack Daniels.(i know its not a "bourbon" but it really is/better)

For Irish, you can't go wrong with Jameson's. It strikes me as the Maker's Mark of the Irish market. I'm also partial to Michael Collin's from time to time.

I fell for the Jack Daniels Meme, I hated it.
It was too sweet and tasted like corn.
I ended up throwing half the bottle over the fence into the field where the neighborhood mormon kids play.
Hopefully they find it and become alcoholic

Why do you keep posting this?

>portlander
That explains it. News for you, not all large batch products are garbage, unlike most of the hipster bullshit that Portlanders want to be good.

MGP is grabage though.
"Hmmm I like this whiskey, it really tastes of paint thinner, corn syrup and rye"

Your tastes are really fucked if you get that out of Bulleit and the vast majority of others that use some of their ingredients, but go ahead and espouse the fine qualities of your small batch ryes under $30. And why they are so much better, other than bullshit diatribe and hyperbolic nonsense.

For me it's non-american whisky.

Redditfag confirmed

This to me is the best American Whiskey, bourbon or not, I've ever tasted. What's out there that I'll enjoy even more?

Reddit a shit. Portland hipster bullshit is something you would see there more than anyone suggesting that some decent rye is decent rye, even if large batch.

>decent rye is decent rye, even if large batch.
Typical Reddit

Jack Daniels is bourbon and could be labeled as such if they wanted.

This. This shit is the 12 year on crack, it's addictively delicious

Jeremiah Weed is my favorite cinnamon whisky, they also have a sarsparilla whisky I haven't tried. Wild Turkey 81 otherwise.

stick with a rye. The Jim Beam rye is decent for $20 or so.

>Alberta Creek
Alberta Premium.
And it's rebranded as Alberta Rye Dark Batch in the States for some reason.

Rittenhouse Rye

Whiskey is a meme and doesn't taste any different no matter the price.
I've drank £10 shite and £100 shite and there's absolutely no fucking difference.

What's the consensus on Bulleit?
Not too knowledgeable on the subject, but it's what I normally grab. Both the bourbon and the rye.

I like it and I've never seen anyone really criticize it here.

It's extremely solid for its price and a decent bourbon - the rye is good too. Out of it, Maker's Mark, and Buffalo Trace, I'll generally go for Bulleit more often than not. I'd argue Four Roses Small Batch is better if you can get it for around the same price. That said my preferred bourbon under $50 is probably Maker's 42.

Maker's 46*