Name the smallest magnitude number that is not equal to 0. I'll start: 1

Name the smallest magnitude number that is not equal to 0. I'll start: 1

Op already said that.

Fine, 1-0.00...1

What is that? I don't think I know what that notation means.

Let D be a value more than 0 and less than any other possible value proposed by other posters that is more than 0, including all future proposals.

D

D's nuts

He said 1 - 0.00000...1 but he didn't use spaces.

he meant something like 1-.0000000001 where the '...' represents an arbitrary amount of zeros preceding the 0.00000...0001

That doesn't help.

Any particular number of zeroes? Or is it just 1 minus some unspecified but large power of 0.1? If the latter, that's not really a number, just a hint towards a shape of number with unclear magnitude.

Epsilon

1/(99999TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(TREE(Graham's number))

Um sweetie you forgot some close parens.

Half of this

x where x is an arbitrarily small number

1 + dx

half of that

1 divided by the largest number in this thread +1

and half of that

>Veeky Forums - Science & Math
>looks like a nice board
>...

I lol'd

2d trap's 3 dimensional benis length.

Catch a whiff of this:

1 - dx

If we want the smallest non-zero number 1-0.999...

the size of my cock

the sum of all positive elements on R raised to the power of -1

>not equal to zero

Spotted the algebrafag.

It's obviously [math]\epsilon[/math].

but OP you're already correct

These

1 x 10 ^(-999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999)

1/(googolplex^googolplex^.........)

product of all numbers less than 1 but greater than 0

x if 0

If you guys know so much about math, name every number.

It's okay, wolframalpha will notice and fix the input.

>fag
Why the homophobia?

I hereby name them all Fred. YOU'RE WELCOME.

>name every number
[math]\mathbb{R}[/math]

But that's zero.

>Why the homophobia?
Why the homophobiaphobia?

You're missing quite a lot of numbers there buddy.

[math] \forall \epsilon > 0 [/math]

[math] \epsilon - \epsilon[/math]

Class is over, kids

>implying [math]\epsilon-\epsilon\neq{0}[/math]

Okay, so my TEX preview said that would display just fine. Veeky Forums's Latex compiler is making me buttmad

[math]\epsilon-\epsilon\neq{0}[/math]

Anyway, this is wrong

[math] \epsilon - \epsilon \neq{0} [/math]

And yes, it is [math] \neq{0} [/math] because [math] \epsilon is > 0 [/math]

𝜀 in the hyperreals

Ordered field axioms, foolish mortal.

Didn't we have this thread yesterday?

He said not equal to 0

i take that and divide it by 2