Gonna make some bolognese and i want this shit to be good. What are your opinions on the ingredients? Red or white...

Gonna make some bolognese and i want this shit to be good. What are your opinions on the ingredients? Red or white? Beef or pork? Milk o no? Everyone seems to be in conflict with another about authenticity.

Other urls found in this thread:

accademiaitalianadellacucina.it/en/content/ragù-alla-bolognese
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck your bolognese, this is now a gennaro thread

This is frightening

are you a spaghetti user

WHY AM I COOKING SO GOOD?!

looks like their is a large marsupial in the thumbnail

> 1 pound pork 1 pound beef
> red vs white doesn't matter, just needs to be dry
> home made chicken stock or high quality
> whole milk
> carrots, celery, yellow onion, garlic (minced or in a food processor)
> bay leaves
> good parm
> san marzano tomates
> fresh parsley

Heavy pot, olive oil, add meat, break it up as much as possible with any tool that works. Get a fond going. Deglaze with stock or water (never wine, obviously not milk). Add minced/pureed veggies. Add two cups chicken stock and two cups wine, stir. Add the 28 ounce can of tomato, either blend or smash while cooking. Add cup of milk. Add some salt and pepper. Add two bay leaves. Bake at like 375 with no lid. Every hour or so scrape sides and stir. Do that for about 4 hours. Once you're done baking add a shit ton of chopped parsley. I add a tablespoon of fish sauce (I know) but it is good. Season until it tastes good. Add a shit ton of grated parm too. Only use thick awesome pasta or make lasagna.

>tfw I also put fish sauce in italian dishes

Google the official culinary instute of bologna one. Its godtier

I wish he still made youtube videos

youtube stopped making money so foodtube stopped producing videos

It's all shitty ads now. Shit sucks. Foodtube recipes were amazing. Simple, yet well balanced flavors and they looked nice as well.

Is this the Italian equivalent of shotgunning a beer?

>Mama mia Ignazio! Look-a at-a all-a dat-a spaghetti! Mwa! *kisses fingers*

Italians really are subhuman.

mine is almost the same but I :
-skip the carrots and I add a paprika. (red pepper)
- no milk
- like user said: use mixed beef/pork
-no parsley (??)
- add some rosemary, oregano, thyme
- eat the next day
- dont add cheese, just for serving shave some on it

> home made chicken stock or high quality
> whole milk
wasted and dies in the strong flavor that the grounded beef provides.

carrots, celery and charlottes diced
minced garlic
first sear carrots, then celery, add onions afterwards and finally the garlic
then add the grounded beef half/half
add a glas of red wine made of dornfelder or similar cheaper grapes (no need to throw in a 40$ bottle wine)
beef tomatos because their only purpose is to be processed to sauce
cook and stir for a while

when finished add parsley

Google ''garum''

personal preference (oddly enough, NOT how Nonna made it) is a small splash of red wine, 50/50 pork and beef, and a liberal splash (less than 1/4 cup) of cream (generally having half-and-half on hand) near the end... heavy on the bay, tiny bit of nutmeg just before plating.

For all of the arguing about authenticity, would it even be possible with so many regional and household variations, so many changes in the breeding of crops and livestock, to recreate the true source of a recipe? Make what you want to make. If it's good, write it down and give it to your family.

any sort of dairy in a tomato souce sounds like a frenchy trying to assassinate the italian cuisine

>any sort of dairy in a tomato souce sounds like a frenchy trying to assassinate the italian cuisine

so no cheese ever... no bechamel ever... huh

It is an Italian thing to put the rinds of Parm Reg into the sauce while it cooks. They are removed before serving. But Bechamel? No way.

so lasagne is a french dish? got it!!!

i should have probably limited that statement to milk or cream. frenchies love to ruin everything with cream, god i fucking hate frenchies

but how can you make carbanara without cream?

what does lasagne have to do with a sauce?

I guess you might call some of the ingredients you put into it a "sauce" but I think it's pretty clear that were talking about sauces on their own, not a totally different kind of dish.

Can we just stop with discussing the same fucking noodle sauce all the time?

Italians do it themselves.

accademiaitalianadellacucina.it/en/content/ragù-alla-bolognese

worst pasta dish anyway

OOOOHHHH MYY MYY

homemade stock is for body. the collagen definitely makes a difference compared to watery shit stock. I'm still 50/50 on the milk, I'm not sure how much it really helps. apparently the enzymes make the meat 'more tender' but, eh. Didn't notice a huge difference when testing.

It lightens the sauce up a little bit - not to rosé levels, but y'all know what I mean. It works along the same line as the bay and/or nutmeg - you only notice it when it's not there.

The only reason I use that splash of cream in mine is that I rarely have milk on hand. About the only time I use dairy regularly is in coffee. It's such a small amount that it doesn't matter if it breaks or not.