Hollywood actor Terrence Howard created a new logic called "Terryology"...

Hollywood actor Terrence Howard created a new logic called "Terryology". His objective is create a new math from scratch.

"This is the last century that our children will have to be taught that one times one is one".

The proof: twitter.com/terrencehoward/status/925754491881877507

Other urls found in this thread:

conservapedia.com/Counterexamples_to_Relativity
conservapedia.com/Logical_Flaws_in_E=mc²
youtube.com/watch?v=FPkeir8-2h4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First page of the proof.

(1) + (1*1) = 2
3 =2

To his credit, the rest follows from this mistake.

Deep.

It's funny how he doesn't realise that his assumption of 1*1 = 2 is what leads directly to the contradiction 2=3.

>Terryology
Words cannot express how much I hate eponyms.

I guess I'm too stupid to follow the proof.
I counted all the squares which were simultaneously in column 1 and row 1,
but I keep getting 1.

What am I doing wrong?

>remember the basic laws of common sense
I'm gonna write that in my next math exam

Math btfo, truly revolutionary. Suck it euclid

HE DOESN'T EVEN USE LATEX AHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, HE PROBABLY TYPED IT IN WORD LMAO

DISCARDED

The sad part is that this perfectly valid and intuitive proof will probably be thrown out by the mathematical community simply because he is a man of color. Smh.

respect

1x1 is 2 white boys.

Even logical people can have these weird delusions. My father has a PhD in the life sciences but comes up with all these weird pseudo-scientific ideas about cosmology. I think its pretty normal.

Problem is this guy has had the spotlight on him for a decent part of his life which probably makes him think these ideas are undeniably correct or something.

A chemical engineer who was top of the class every year, was convinced he could create free energy and even bought a bunch of rodin coils, he showed his results to me which proved free energy exists because he managed to increase the voltage of the input while lowering the current.

man i nedd to sleep this bullshit cant be serious

You need to include the square in row 4 column 4 to create balance. The duality of the 1st one cancels the additional number out. What you get is:
1 (that's in 2 layers)
1 (that's invisible and subtle)
If you fold open the red corner and drag half of it into the other square, you get the true answer, which is:
1 (1/2) + -1 (1/2)
Alternatively:
2 + -1

holy shit. They actually believe this shit. This is incredibly depressing

looks flat to me

Literally better than most topology proofs

>teacup is a donut lmao xd

Kill yourselves

>these people will be your nurses, your engineers, your lawyers, your doctors, thanks to diversity mandates
I'm glad I'm an old man, I won't have to live in the world young people are creating right now.

After getting through biology I decided I was never going to a doctor again.

>1 Nov 2017

The absolute state of Hollywood

they know you won't, that's why they wanted to mandate insurance and make you at risk of losing it if you don't follow your doctor's recommendations

I haven't had any blood sugar problems in years thanks to keto but if I don't see my doctor and get my eyes checked I will lose my insurance.

It's enough to make a man vote Trump I tell ya.

Gotcha!
2 + -1 = 1
NOW I understand.

You want to see what "depressing" looks like?
Another thread is promulgating Electric Universe and Energy From the Aether (Tesla worship).
Of course, that requires believing there IS an Aether and that requires denying Relativity.
To back up that nuttiness, they offered conservapedia.com/Counterexamples_to_Relativity
Frighteningly, it doesn't seem to be a satire.

THAT makes "1*1 = 2" look coldly sane.
If they didn't keep re-calibrating the IQ tests I would swear the US now has a median of around 60 by 20th century standards.

Free speech was a mistake.

>Even logical people can have these weird delusions
Then by definition they aren't really logical, are they?
>My father has a PhD in the life sciences but
Not math or logic. Nice try though

Even *otherwise* logical people.

Life sciences still require logical thinking.

>Even *otherwise* logical people.
Otherwise logical people can have their delusions about things which are not obviously false. The notion that 1x1 = 2 is obviously false.

Here we go again with the ass-lame forced memes that will get posted over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again on Veeky Forums

The porblem there isn't that the speech is free

>complete retards are allowed to spout their complete retardation on a platform that reaches the entire planet, convincing other complete retards that fucking arithmetic is a lie
>this is not because of free speech

>The notion that 1x1 = 2 is obviously false.
Well hold on, just because he's black doesn't discount the theory.

Let's put it to the test. Let's examine it with all the rigorous platitudes of any other theory, and only then should we conclude if this is plausible or not. If you allow racism into science, you will surely miss out on revolutionary ideas and technologies that will better our planet.

I myself and going to spend the better part of an evening digesting his thesis. I implore you to do the same.

If I have one group......
of one thing......

i get......
one

>conservapedia.com/Counterexamples_to_Relativity
Good lord. I knew this website existed but I didn't know it was that fucking bad. Check out conservapedia.com/Logical_Flaws_in_E=mc²
Is this where /pol/shits go to learn about science?

reminds me of a hypnosis show
where the subject was told to forget a number
youtube.com/watch?v=FPkeir8-2h4

>free speech is the problem and not the inherent stupidity of those involved
If a society is dumb enough to buy into terryology, that society deserves collapse.

Stupidity is a disease. These people are basically anti-vaxxers of the mind.

>Stupidity is a disease
You can't "catch" stupid unless you were already stupid to begin with.

Feel free to prove me wrong, megafaggot

No but you can't be impressionable. And once you've been convinced of something, it's hard to break that conviction.

There are plenty of otherwise smart people who fell for one dumb thing, and then are smart enough to reason away any contradicting evidence. Look at all the times a scientist talks about something outside his field. Look up anything Neil DeGrasse Tyson's said about politics.

>There are plenty of otherwise smart people who fell for one dumb thing, and then are smart enough to reason away any contradicting evidence.
Sure enough, then. But that doesn't go against my point in

Society is not a monolith. There are good, intelligent people who will be harmed by the fall of that society.

why the fuck isn't anyone brainlet shaming him? Everyone seems to agree what the fuck. How can people be THAT fucking unintelligent, it fucking scares me

Diversity is our greatest strength.

What do you mean by "1", "2", "x" and "="?

>1*1 = 2
>1 + 1*1 = 2 + 1
>1 + 2 = 2 + 1
>3 = 3
Brainlets.

>3 = 3
Your post is equivalent to just this one line.

No shit, retard.

You seem to be the retarded one here if you felt the need to write out three redundant lines.

Niggers not even once.

This poor fool is simply attempting to do in mathematics what got him through the rest of his life: spewing all sorts of bullshit decorated with fancy sounding words in an attempt to confuse readers into accepting his thesis. By loading things with buzzwords, it gives readers the impression that the knows what he's talking about and that anyone that disagrees with him is labelled stupid or bigoted or some other ad hominid. This is the case in all non-rigorous fields and areas of study divorced from reality.

In 2050, scientific truth will be replaced with "critical truth". Critical truth indicates that all traditional truths are heavily influenced by white, western thinking and therefore biased against people of colour and their traditional logical rationals.

It's not fair for white people to criticize the logic of a man of color because of their implicit biases. We must understand that Terrance is speaking critical truth that us white people can't comprehend.

>"when (a) and (b) are positive integers, that (a) is to be added to itself as many times as there are units in (b)"
Okay, so then 1 x 1 = 2
1 x 2 = 3
1 x 3 = 4
etc

2 x 1 = 4
2 x 2 = 6
2 x 3 = 8
etc

I am following the logic.

>1x1=2
This is where Wakanda gets their free energy from.

So is his proof saying that only 1*1 = 2 or does 3*3 = 6 etc. as well?

The white man has kept afriKANGZ down for years by hiding this knowledge from them. Wakandans broke FREE from the CHAINS and discovered the hidden knowledge.

No. In the lower part of his proof he says that:
For number a multiplied by number b, you add a to itself b amount of times.

So this means 1*1 = 2 = 1+1 and also most likely that 2*1 = 4 = 2+2

But it makes no sense because you don't add to itself, you add to zero
1*1 = 1 = 0+1
2*1 = 2 = 0+2

And due to his wording, it would then make sense that:
1*1 = 1+1 = 2
1*2 = 1+1+1 = 3
2*1 = 2+2 = 4
2*1 =/= 1*2

also, incredibly:
a = 1x1 = 2 = 1+1
a x a = (2) x (2) = 2+2+2 = 6

You can take the monkey out of the jungle, put him in a suit, put him in front of highly advanced recording technology, present him in only the best manner,
give him millions of dollars and a means to communicate globally to potentially billions of people... But you can't take the jungle out of the monkey.

so.... what's the limit as x approaches 1 for x*1?

>#weknowmath

>forced memes
Lrn2meme fgt pls

>we're told the square root of 2 is one
Lmao, this dumbass is actually making a religion out of a mistake one of his math teachers made once

you're reading in to it to much.
the only mistake that was made is terry himself.

Fucking hell

1 x 0 =1 desu

>unironic belief in (((relativity)))
Why can't you all stay on reddit?

Is it the "times" part they don't get? And that you start adding from 0?

According to him your first line is wrong

1+(1*1) = 3? What is this fool smoking?

>remember the basic laws of common sense
I really hate the phrase "common sense" because it seems to have no consistent meaning; the closest it gets to a proper definition is "hindsight." But it definitely doesn't belong in science or math.
>How did you get that step?
>Common sense. What are you, a drooling imbecile?
>... well, let's say you elaborate on exactly--
>OOK OOK OOK I AM SO DUMB

I do one set of pushups
One set has one rep in it

I do one push-up but according to this retarded I do two

meaning that if I do two then I actually did 4

The sum when you start is 0. You add (a) to the sum as many times as (b)
so
1x1=1 since 0+1=1
1x2=2 since 0+1+1=2
2x4=8 since 0+2+2+2+2=8
etc.

>That time someone was just learning Coq and wrote a proof to refute you

I wish we'd go back to posting about PHENOTYPES instead of this drivel

>pseudo-scientific ideas about cosmology

Like your old man is trying to tell you, earth is flat, brainlet

No, he's saying the square root of two is two.

Turns out I can also prove it isn't 2.

>Forcing a meme that happened 3 years ago

Unironically kill yourself

I know how it really works, I was just extrapolating his logic.

Of course his logic is bullshit, which is obvious when the sum changes depending the order of the multiplication, so 2x5 and 5x2 would give different results.

Why are you beating a dead horse? You're even talking about it as if it's a current event.

Next stop the moon!

Attached: 20160901-F9-Sequence.jpg (2500x735, 174K)