So...

So, I've decided fried mozzarella sticks are in the top five greatest foods to eat of all time so let's talk about why they're so great

Also, ranch is the best dipping sauce for them

Maybe top 5 of appetizers, it's one of the goat

Those are Sysco cheese sticks. Oh my GOD I want some now

its just deep fried cheese sticks you fat fuck

t. skinny limp-wristed numale

My only problem is cheese sticks are about the same price as sushi. Its cheese, bread, and marinara sauce.

sysco is scary to me

i don't understand what the problem is. are you saying mozzarella sticks are expensive? you can make them yourself

foodkino

How do? Is it the same as making tendies, fried shrimp etc?

>make them yourself
pls 2 halp all I manage is to make a mess

He's just lying to fool you, one does not simply make mozzarella sticks themself

they're very hit or miss, IMO. like they can be really really good, but i've seen plenty of places have shitty mozzarella sticks that are very unappetizing. they aren't something like, say, french fries where you basically can't fuck them up

ranch is the most overrated sauce and one of the most overrated foods there is. You want the marinara instead to balance out the saltiness of the cheese. that said they're probably delicious with ranch

I can never find a place around me to make the fries as crisp as I want

You've never had fucked up french fries at a restaurant? I've had soggy fries, bland/underseasoned fries, and fries that are too well done/almost burnt. Fries are only good if they're crisp and have enough salt/other seasoning, and apparently it's easy to fuck that up.

>go to some shitty restaurant that friends decided on
>mozzarella sticks are fucking $7 for 4 of them
Fuck mozzarella sticks

They're fourth behind stuffed jalapenos potato skins and nachos. But the most accessible of the bunch.

Hot wings are 5th

even when i go to a restaurant with shit fries, they're alright with ketchup. i'd say 50% or more of the mozzarella sticks i've tried before were bad enough that i did not eat more than one or two

Hot wings are #1, you fool.

These are great but can be easy to mess up; ie they have to be eaten hot, the pickles can't be too sour

This. We have a restaurant where I live where you don't go to eat a entree. You get fried pickles, pickled onions, cornbread, slaw and collard greens. Shit is heaven. Anyone who lives near me will know exactly where I'm talking about.

There are a lot of honorable mentions brother. But out of the battered and fried vegetables, pickles do rank at the top.

Jalapeño Poppers are better

no theyre not.

Ok, good point.

Above french fries?

Why? They have a lot of good products. And good cheese sticks

>white castle.
I suspect as much from monsters like you.
What did you do to those poor mozzarella sticks user?

Use string cheese and freeze it first then coat however you want and fry it up. If you don't freeze it first it's a huge mess most the time and the cheese just falls apart in the oil ruining your oil and your attempt

so the question is, do you like them fresh out of the oven/fryer (molten cheese) or after they cool slightly (cheese easier to chew)?

>fried mozzarella sticks are in the top five greatest foods to eat of all time
Really? They seem like total trash to me. Just lazy drunk food any place with a freezer and a deep fryer can do. Sports bar tier at best.
>ranch is the best dipping sauce for them
OK, that explains it. Your taste is shit to begin with.

Ranch is freaking disgusting and I don't know why.

molten cheese with cold marinara

>Just lazy drunk food any place with a freezer and a deep fryer can do.

Step up your game, user. Get real buffalo mozz, fry it up fresh rather than the industrially produced frozen slop that comes from Sysco and is served by most restaurants.

Mozzarella is one of the blandest cheeses in existence though

It's easier than cheese curds tho

You didn't say where you lived. Dumbass.

A good mozzarella stick every once in a while really hits the spot. I'm just a traditional marinara guy though.

I would vote for you.

You sound like you've only had the cheap industrially produced stuff.

Get some real Buffalo mozz and prepare to be blown away.

If I'm going for that I'd want it in a lemon anchovy sauce at some old guard Italian joint. But that's a different thing than mozzarella sticks.

Ok, really dumb question, but how do you make mozzarella sticks without a deep fryer? What do you do and what do you need?

Just heat up a pot of cooking oil

they're pretty fine baked if you don't want to fry them.

Cut mozz into sticks. Do standard breading: dip them in flour, shake off the excess. dip into egg wash (beaten egg). Then coat with panko or breadcrumbs. Stick them in the freezer.

Put cooking oil in a pot. Heat it up to 350 (use a thermometer to verify if you are a noob). Put frozen breaded cheese into the hot oil. Watch thermometer and adjust heat to keep it at 350F. Remove when golden brown.

Forgot to add, if the oil is too hot, use ice cubes to cool it down.

Thanks for the info. Guessing you don't need that much oil for it.

>if the oil is too hot, use ice cubes to cool it down

I have the feeling that is the last thing I should do with hot oil.

>Guessing you don't need that much oil for it.

When you deep fry the more oil you have the better. That's because when you add the relatively cold food to the hot oil the temp of the oil drops. When the oil isn't hot enough it soaks into the food and makes it greasy. You want the biggest, heaviest pot you can find (cast iron is ideal), and the largest possible amount of oil. Of course there are practical concerns with using too much oil, but remember you can re-use frying oil many many times.

>I have the feeling that is the last thing I should do with hot oil.
Yes, that was a troll.

t. gay transexual nu-male manlet

>ranch
Fuck you, marinara masterrace here.

This is how I used do them. Toaster oven FTMFW.

Diabetes FTMFL. :(

user didn’t do anything to them, that’s how they look if you cut them open.
white castle skimping on the mozzarella.

marinara and honey mustard and the best, fuck ranch

Mozzboys gotta mozz

Surprising lack of >Reeeee its deep fried cheese you're not allowed to ever in your life on occasion have something unhealthy its impossible to enjoy the taste of something unhealthy in this thread this time around.

no no no no no no no

ketchup is best dipping sauce for mazzarella sticks

Buffalo mozzarella is also incredibly bland, kid.

>I dip everything in ranch
>My parents raised an autist

Please die.