Real question: is there ANY advantage at all to using [math]pi[/math] as opposed to [math]tau[/math] as the circle...

Real question: is there ANY advantage at all to using [math]\pi[/math] as opposed to [math]\tau[/math] as the circle constant?
Besides "hurr durr that's how it's always been."

Real question: is there ANY advantage at all to using τ as opposed to π as the circle constant?

it's easier to write \pi than \tau/2

π is objectively better and they way god intended it, using τ would clutter up some neat classical results and is artificial by god's standard.

Because that's how it's always been and the benefits of tau are not good enough to make the switch. It solves literally nothing.

over 33% reduction in number if strokes needed to write it, meaning potential for ~33% increase in speed of advancement of math and science. We've been held back to dark ages compared with where we could be, simply because of convention

π is superior in many ways. If you can't see it, then you already succumbed to the bullshit.

No. It's completely arbitrary. In fact I propose we use [math]\zeta[/math] where circumference[math]=1.5\zeta r[/math]. All of mathematics would remain the same and none of it would fucking matter.

your time is better spent trying to convince americans to use the metric system

I'll DIE before I ever use that commie bullshit. Freedom units all the way.

Alas, 1.5ζ =π. π is superior in every way still.

the entire radius is equal to one tau. Next stuid question. Bring em on.

>radius = tau
This confusion, while false, demonstrates the superiority of pi.

>1.5ζ =π.
lol brainlet. That's not how I defined it.
[math]\zeta=\frac{4}{3}\pi[/math]

Almost legitimate, but the authority is borrowed from π. The third does yield to mystery, but not completion by any factor.

Lol what the fuck does this even mean. Pi is just the ratio of the circumference of the circle to its diameter. Tau is just the circumference to its radius. It's arbitrary which one you choose.

Not arbitrary, but π still waits for you.

a 33% reduction in number of strokes would only make a ~33% increase in speed if literally all we ever did was write tau. Because we only spend

Radius is a more fundamental concept than diameter.

To elaborate: A circle (or n-ball in the case of n-dimensional space) is defined as the set of points a given distance, i.e. radius, from a given point.

Shut up, taulet

Meant n-sphere, not n-ball

Why use tau instead of pi?

A circle (or more generally, an n-sphere) is defined as the set of points that are at a given distance (i.e. radius) from a point. Not diameter.

The period of the fundamental trigonometric functions is tau, not pi.

If you are going to use the diameter rather than the radius to define the circle constant, you should do the same with area: A = pi d^2 / 4.

The area subtended by an arc of t radians is 1/2 theta r^2. The area of a circle is just a special case with theta = tau (a full turn).

The supremacy of τ = 2π can be seen in Stirling's approximation, the regularized factorial of infinity (derivative of the Riemann zeta function at 0), the branches of the complex logarithm, and so on.

And? Does 2πR takes away the "fundamental aspect". It entails exactly the same information as tau*R. The important, usually taken by heart assumption is that the ratio between the arclenght of a circle and it's diameter is always well defined. And constant. Yoi can prove that without using trig functions.

pi is neither odd or even.
tau is even and inferior.
What is half of pi?

stupid numerology peddled by "I fucking love science" types. kys

The entire half of radius is equal to one pi. Fuck you and suck my dick.

Real question: is there ANY advantage a all to using base 10 as opposed to base 30?
Besides "hurr durr that's how it's always been."

Tau is like Rick and Morty of constants

That's probably why you don't understand it.

who fucking cares if you have to add a 2, it won't kill you