LATE NIGHT EATING

Hey boys, back at it again doin the damn thing so you already know what it is.

How's the late night food scene where you live? I have to work a night shift for half of the month, every month, so if I'm buying dinner my options get severely limited. For example, in Toronto, 24hr restaurants are limited to McDonald's and shitty diners, middle eastern food places are always open until 4am, the Chinese and pizza makers pack it in around 2am, and basically everyone else closes up at 12am.

Anyone else in the same boat? How do you make it work?

how do 24/7 restaurants manage to keep everything cleaned and maintained when they are understaffed?

They don't.
Every wonder why McDonald's ice cream machine is always "Out of Order" right when you feel like eating some?

:^)

In my experience, there's always at least two employees, one in the back one in the front. The only thing that seems to worsen at night are the wait times, which fucking skyrocket.

Prep some food before your shift, problem solved.

Malaysia seems to be a good place for 24/7 eating
mamak dominated the market for a long while with siam cuisine usually closing around 3 a.m

I work late nights as well, near me I have a McDonald's, Wawa, waffle house, and Denny's a few miles away.

Most everything good closes at 10pm around here, some burger Kings are open until 12, the Wendy's is open until 2, the taco Bell is open until 1 the Applebee's is open until like 2am

Really it's pretty decent although I end up getting Wawa and McDonald's just because they are the closest to my workplace

I feel you, bro. Nothing is open when I get off (6am) except mcdicks and gummies. There is one subway open at 6, but I mostly solved this problem by avoiding eating garbage.

I wish they did this promo on my local kfc, I sometimes crave some good bisquets at 3am

wagecuckoldry is not a meme, they exploit their employees

Richmond. We don't really have a late night food scene because of our homeless problem.

my brother used to work at McDonalds at night,they always keep it clean because the manager is a dick.

but it's mcdonalds,not kfc tho..

but the kfc near my house is always clean

wait, what?
you guys can't go out in the night?

Only food places open where I am are Dominos at 2 am, Taco Bell at 2am and a single 24 hr McDonalds. Everything else closes at 10 or 11 pm. I live south of Chicago

Probably security concerns because employers don't like throwing more than a skeleton crew on late at night.

I don't know about him, but where I live, all the homeless who refuse to go to shelters congregate in these 24hr restaurants. Going into one past midnight is always a hilariously sketchy experience, and I live in one of the safest big cities in the world.

Garbage. In Silicon Valley almost nothing is open at night, the city basically goes to sleep at 11pm. I have to drive to the far McDonald's if I even want that, and if I want pizza past 10pm I better preheat the oven because nothing past my own kitchen will be serving any.

The funny thing is, I used to live in Toronto where the party never stopped. I could get great Chinese food at 5am there. I would have expected it to be the exact opposite, since Silicon Valley is supposed to be filled with young people who I'd expect to be into the nightlife while Toronto is drab and cold as shit, the kind of place where you'd want to be home, not out.

>big cities
>safe
good one

I get out of work at 3am. I pass a mcdonalds that is the only thing open and it’s cash only. Of course the milkshake machine I just don’t ask anymore and they don’t have chicken Available.

I've been on the night shift for two years and the late night scene is shit, send help.

Louisville, pretty much just chains here are 24 hours; McDonald's, Taco Bell, Steak N Shake, White Castle, Waffle House, Qdoba on the weekends, and two local places. Some stuff is open late but not 24 hours, like 2 or 3 am for food and 4 for booze.

Here the McDonalds is drive-through only after 12. Subway is open all night but they only accept cash after 12 to discourage armed robbery.

The best place imo is this 24-hour corner store that also has a full kitchen where they prepare home cooked meals. I can go there at 3am and get a plate of turkey dinner. It's very popular with cops and paramedics, which also helps to discourage armed robbery or any other undesirables from congregating there.

don't accept cash I meant, plastic only

I've been working nightshift for 3 years. I don't really eat fast food, my slow cooker gets a floggin' though.
I like not having to cook when I get home from work and I get plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.

>move to small city in NC
>almost everything closes at 9 PM
>a couple take out places open til 10 PM
>pizza places close at 12 but become delivery only after 10 even though i live close to one and would rather pick it up and not pay delivery fee + tip
>even the shitty fast food places close at 12

it was a rough transition

Most restaurants close at 9pm,
I'm talking in the city so the list is only
1.burger king
2.chinese
3.borek place
4.pizza
5.mcdonalds
6.seven eleven

What crime-ridden shithole do you hail from, friend?

Detroit.

Most of these "open 24 hours" just mean the drive thru, night staff clean up the place while kitchen and window get all the late night action

I miss the 24 hour pho place. :/

Malaysia has a nickname that is secondary to Singapore as being the city that never stops eating.