You only have enough time to read around 7000 books in your lifetime

You only have enough time to read around 7000 books in your lifetime.

Choose wisely

So if I don't read any books that means I live forever, right?

Pointless to chose wisely. All you can do is read whatever you fancy then advice the next generation on what book you read that are worth preserving. It's better to read 7000 shit books that no-one has ever read, than it is to read 7000 good books that everyone has read.
Knowledge can only be carried down through the generations, it does not follow you in death.

Beware anons. This is an example of what happens to your mind when you decide to only consume trash.

>It's better to read 7000 shit books that no-one has ever read, than it is to read 7000 good books that everyone has read.
Wrong.

>It's better to read 7000 shit books that no-one has ever read, than it is to read 7000 good books that everyone has read.

Why exactly? And you aren't going to read a book that no one else has never read, unless you read my diary desu

If it's published, others have read it.

>sacrifice yourself for the greater good
haha!
spook!

Because it means you wrote the book.

Lool

A little extreme, but you're right. I agree.

we all want to read everything yet we all spend so much time on Veeky Forums? what is this paradox?! Is this the incredibly banal yet extremely important truth of our generation (substitute lit for whatever general technological device)? I can't wait to graduate so that I'm no longer forced to be on my computer all the time, coercive bastards

There aren't 7000 worthwhile books in existence so I think I'm fine

This. You also will never read 7000 books unless you're an autistic loser with no ambition in life.

>Is this the incredibly banal yet extremely important truth of our generation
I don't think it's a generational thing, you twerp. I thunk it's been true of every generation of human.
I bet even our ancient ancestors spent half-days throwing stones when they should have been gathering wood.

I think that people of our generation constantly saying "This is symbolic of my generation" is symbolic of our generation.

lmao

That comic becomes ridiculous past a certain point. If you haven't read at least ONE of them, then what the fuck have you read? can you even call yourself "well-read"?

That's only like two books a week, depending on how long you actually live of course

Hardly Sebastian-tier

m8, you have a lot of to learn if you think most users of Veeky Forums have even read like 3 works from that image

>implying I will read anything after 50

4th stupidest thing I've ever read on this site

This, in my experience people tend to read less as they get older

>7000
Where does this number come from? Even if I read 20 books a year, and live to 80, that's still only 1600. Is this motherfucker seriously saying he reads 100 books a year? That's 2 books a week, no one has the time for that

>Even if I read 20 books a year

Reddit suits you better

Thanks for noticing me

not everyone here is a shut in neet that just reads all day

>you have to be a shut it neet to read more than 20 books a year

No, you just have no interest in literature. Stop killing this board.

I've read literally every single one of those besides the meme fbi panel

If you can't read a book a day then I'm not sure why you're here

Do audio books count?

>when you have a backlog of 7,000 titles and growing.

How do you feel?

has it made you a better person though? Morality is the highest good

comfy. still a lot more to read. helps up the shitposting game as a side effect

maybe. it's hard to say.

are there even 7000 books worth reading

The canon alone is like a couple thousand books, and that's basically just the completely mainstream stuff

so 2000 books. well short of the 7000 mentioned in the OP. even if we add a 1000 non-canonical books that's still not even half

>implying anyone here is even capable of reading 7000 books throughout their life

Yeah maybe 7000 books worth of Veeky Forums posts.

I hope you're not serious.
I've been here for about 2 years (not that long, I know), and I think that I'M falling off in my reading and not reading as much as i could, and even I've read a lot of the stuff there lmao

what are the other 3

you're in the minority