Beer General

Shitty craft lager in a wine glass edition.

What are we all drinking, lads?

Discord: discord.gg/FHxk3Wc

Much better this time.

Fantastic sour passionfruit taste and aroma. If only I could get it fresher since the hops aren't that noticeable.

What purpose does a beer discord serve? Do you dip your dick in craft beer and post it?

Just shitposting honestly.

ooofft

drinking this right now

really enjoying the bitter vanilla aftertaste

By the way I'm a southern Euro who emigrated to the Netherlands. Besides telling me to go back, redpill me on beer brands around here, anything goes.

I will literally try them all.

Favorites so far are Hertog Jan Pilsener & Grand Prestige, Grolsch Bok and Brugse Zot Blonde

If you like stouts, check out de Molen. Their beers are pretty damn good.

Other than that maybe try out the Netherlands' Trappist ales since they're not as widely available as the Belgian ones.

Had Trappist recommended by a coworker before, thanks user

>craft lager inevitably sucks
oh user, when will you learn

I've had much better craft lagers than that, even though it's not an exciting style.

Got some more Mikkeller stuff earlier this week. Started with this ipa, very good aroma, bit muted taste.

Discussing about politics

Leffe is good, but there are way better belgians

Here we go with swede again, you went to Copenhagen this weekend?

Webshop! First Lager/Pilsner i have had from their SD brewery, very pleasant and clean one at that!

Are they worth it? I see them every now and then but i have a hard time shelling out 12 bucks for a can of beer

About 11 bucks in the end i guess. I like to taste new stuff all the time so it is worth it to me. Would i buy all of their stuff a second time at the same price? Nope.

I'm in ND. Have you tried any of the beers brewed in Fargo?

What breweries are there in Fargo and area? Might have had some and not thought about it!

Fargo Brewing Co and Drekker Brewing Co

Any thoughts on pic related or any of the other aggressively dessert beers?

I love those types of dessert stouts!
This one is on my top 3 beers ever!

Enjoy it for 10 oz., but any more than that and I'll get sick of it.
Pumking I can easily drink a bomber tho

I've had that beer and i agree with a bomber is just too sweet to finish all the way. Good beer though, best shared.

Mikkeller is a fucking meme

so inconsistent, so overpriced, painfully kooky....

Cloudwater best European brewery right now

/thread

swede you are my hero you drink so much good beer, I don't know your job or how much you spent but it must be a lot and i respect that

Thanks! This one was great once the head died down! Verdant seems to make nothing bad!

have you tried any DEYA?
how much do you spend monthly and where do you get all your beer from?
also do you have a big beer stash? like aging beer?

5 years going on an vertical of Stone imperial stout. Had some deya yes but nothing that was good when i got to it. I get most of it online!

shitty boxed red wine

do you like much barley wine? how do you feel about BA beers

If I remember right he's some kind of train conductor or some shit

That was my favorite beer as a 19-year-old. Southern Tier has shit carbonation, but I'll always have a soft spot for the Creme Brulee Stout. Even had it as am ice cream float once.

Drinking me some Bell's, as I'm trying to get into IPAs.

Holy guacamole I have to try that

>11 bucks

Jesus Christ.

coors light

gonna drive out to Chico this weekend and pick up some Sidecar, Narwhal and Pale ale

This is the most solid IPA I've ever had and I've had a lot of IPAs.

>What are we all drinking, lads?

Cheap Korean lager that only works with spicy food.

>coors light
I'm sorry.

It's alright. I feel like they recently jacked the price on this though so I can't justify getting it at this point when there is better beers to be had.

I swear people just buy this shit based on the bottle art.

I personally really like Nogne O bottle design.

ausfag? otherwise i don't get why you'd be drinking this

Are you for real? Go drink some Beer Geek and say that again

mmm, poop coffee

I agree for the most part. It has a strong malt backbone that most ipas lack which gives it a great balance.

>come at me bro
They had a bottle of the Chimay BA grand reserve. May have to go back..

Tough Kitty Milk Stout

its breddy gud for how cheap

Recommend me a good beer I am likely to find at a gas station or grocery store in the United States.

I know what I am asking, but I honestly don't want to spend $20 more than I need to.

There's a bottle of oak aged st. Bernardus 12 or whatever at the liquor store down the road. I thought about getting it but don't even like the regular version desu

What state?

>work on those marketing skills

got it at hyvee for 7

its okay, but thats expected

homebrewfag here

kölsch 4.25% abv
irish red 5.80% abv

Did you just start? My first brew was an Irish red. Pretty easy and surprisingly okay for my first time.

Vermont.

just over a year ago

do you do all grain? or LME?

i do all grain

>pic related...muh brewhouse

I honestly did it twice and just haven't found the time since. I've been thinking of doing something I could just dump into my carboy and not worry about for awhile like a wine

ah.

>15lbs honey
>5 gallons filtered water
>8lbs mixed berries
>champagne yeast
>ferment 4-6 weeks
>transfer to another carboy
>ferment another 3 weeks
>bottle or keg

>pic related 14%abv

drinking new belgium trippel. it's not bad.

Saved

The Abtsolution is such a great release, if you like strong dark ales it can rub elbows with the best of them
How much did that speedway stout cost you? I spent 7 bucks on my pint can, so I'm hoping the hype is worth it

Yeah, I make a lot of these threads and 'manage' the Discord.

La Trappe are cheap and good Trappist beers from there.

a s a h i
s
a
h
i

Just gotta step in here to tell you all about this.

I gave my cousin three beers, but one of them was just cold piss. He still drank the whole thing enthusiastically.

Thoughts?

40oz of Colt 45. Hate all you want, it hits the spot when you're tired and thirsty.

Like you bottled your piss?

Yep. It was about a week or so old too.

Sounds like you have some problems desu senpai

Nah it was just for that experiment. Cousin is a dipshit stoner type. Wanted to see if he could tell the difference between curdled piss and beer.

Sounds like you still have problems m8

Probably, but I find it hilarious that he couldn't tell the difference despite drinking two actual beers first.

>gave wrong beer to cousin.

>drinking own piss right now

>beer
Fucking hipsters and your hops

Where the fuck is beer hipster?
Beer is like the least hipster alcoholic beverage possible

drinking some of this.
Might open up a 2016 version that I saved to compare to it next

>Beer is like the least hipster alcoholic beverage possible
t. a Portland resident

Beer is the drink of choice of random ass adult men everywhere, the exact opposite of what hipsters want to be associated with

>random ass adult men
So hipster nu-males

what are you even talking about?

Faggots who are "gluten free" and shit come in here and try to shame normal people off of the beverage that owns their sub human bitch digestive tracts.

>oneofusoneofus
Fuck out of here with that. Go March in a fucking pride parade.

Its a Jewish scheme to turn men into nu-male hipsters with estrogen laced beer

beer has gluten in it

can you leave?

King Cobra is a good standby malt liquor. Very mild taste. I want to expand my horizons to other malt 40s, especially those that can't be found in a can.

Is it still 133 calories for 12 oz or 443 for the whole 40? It's a good alcohol-efficient cheap beer, possibly only bested by Natural Ice. I try to watch my calories when drinking because I don't like gaining weight.

Why are calorie counts so inconsistent and hard to find for beer? Why isn't it on the labels?

Why don't you leave to Reddit, newfag

>the point
>your head

That's the point. Some fag on a gluten free kick is sad he can't drink like a normal person and is waging a one man war against normal alcohol consumption.

I still don't understand, call me dense.

who the fuck talks like this on Veeky Forums?

>who the fuck talks like this on Veeky Forums?
Someone who isn't from Reddit

The funk gets pretty intense. I still have one 2016 left and even 3 months into it the taste was totally different. Idk if it was better tho

You are dense.

Old Rasputin.

Don't have any, nor any pics, but this thread reminded me I need some. Very expensive stout but it's way strong and has a lot of character.

Anyway, I got a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas last year and got around to starting it last month. It's bottle conditioning now. I don't have super high hopes for it being an off the shelf box beer kit, but if it works out I think I'll start doing regular batches this way and work my way up to real homebrewing.

>Old Rasputin.
Only acceptable non-hipster beer posted so far.

It's like 8$ a four pack at total wine. Not that expensive