What are some "life-changing" /epic books. not talking about fiction

what are some "life-changing" /epic books. not talking about fiction.

pic related i guess, i never read it.

Currently Reading pic related, it's breddy gud.

you should definitely read that book, i just finished it

what's so good about it?

tao te ching
bhagavad gita
dhammapada
republic
old testament
thus sprach zarathustra
being and time
phenomenology of spirit

I'm not either of them. What isn't good about it? The burden of proof is on you.

It teaches you about "the eight circuits of the brain" and gives you answers to questions that you didn't even know you had. Pretty difficult to explain actually, but so far i'm finding it to be quite profound.

If you find that book illuminating in some way, you are clearly not a well read and educated person.

it makes you think about things in a much different way

"it really makes you think"

sounds like shit pop psych tier garbage. RAW is not by any means a brilliant researcher, he just writes paranormal pulp for the idiots dumb enough to read him.

Give me a non-shill reason to not read Prometheus Rising.

You are literally retarded, it is objectively better to read too much than too little. You massive faggot.

Pic related
Even her fiction is non-fiction

brian molkos mama

this. he literally talks about the law of attraction except he namedrops every offbeat/useless psychologist/philosopher in his stream of shitty writing.

Good stuff, even if apparently a bit "cliche"

If you haven't read much about mysticism and interesting psychological beliefs such as those held by Jung, Ouspensky, Gurdjieff, and Crowley, the book may blow your mind, even if it appears at first glance to be "New Age quirky!!!1111111@@#@#". For me (and probably for this guy ) it didn't blow my mind because I've already read a lot of the sources RAW took his stuff from, but I can see how to a "newbie" it might be mindblowing and introduce them to new, interesting concepts. It's a good primer if you're trying to get into the weird world of the occult mixed with psychology/science and a comprehensive worldview in a holistic fashion.

RAW may be derivative and at times overly enthusiastic about ideas not that deep, but I have to admit, he's really fucking good at holistic thinking, at synthesizing coherent and interesting worldviews by taking little bits from many people --- here from Jung, here from Crowley, here from accepted psychiatry, here from Gurdjieff, here from quantum physics, etc.

Also one thing that consistently saddens and confuses me about him is that he is such an awful/mediocre prose stylist but a major Joyce scholar. The son of a bitch knew Ulysses and Finnegans Wake inside-out, but either couldn't write a poetic sentence to save his life, or didn't care about it.

>"""""holistic thinking"""""
>quantum physics
Jesus christ user, the 9th century called and they want their retarded mysticism back

hes not making a claim hes asking a question

Yes, I know relating quantum physics to mysticism is a meme, but RAW practically came up with a lot of that meme. The reason you think it's a meme is precisely because a lot of people ripped off RAW in that respect. Of course, he wasn't the only one, but making fun of him for linking quantum physics to mysticism/psychology when he was one of the 1st to do it is like, say, making fun of Hammett and Chandler for having a lot of typical detective-story tropes in their books.

I feel like my life is leading to me reading this book as the final catalyst to truly actualize the plateau I'm on right now.

Read Foucault's Pendulum and learn that whatever deep knowledge you belieeve it's true, it's just a narrative discourse.

Learn to love the askesis.

i don't think you did. you sound too high schoolish to have properly understood it

This guy knows what's up.

Only the first 3 chapters are good. The rest are ramblings of a junkie.

>HURR do drugs to unlock all of your chakras and get unlimited power!

What's wrong with drugs

I hope you're not seriously suggesting that Medieval mysticism is anywhere near the same caliber as that of the last three decades. The 9th century did indeed call and they told 19th century Mesmerism and it's gang of occult deviants to fuck off.

I am quite fond of Plato's term for the art of rhetoric in the Phaedrus; psychagogia, or soul leading. I suppose this is both an answer to your question and a subtle criticism of "life-changing" anything.

republic is kinda shit.. plato's other works are better