Quality food is cheaper than ever. Why do people persist in eating fastfood and overpriced restaurants?

Quality food is cheaper than ever. Why do people persist in eating fastfood and overpriced restaurants?

Many people are too lazy or inept to cook.

Wow! Only $5

albertson's chicken is the best and five bucks for an eight piece is a steal, literally
fuck anyone who doesn't like cheep chicken mondays

Albertson's chicken is the same factory farmed bullshit that you get at most supermarkets.

Go find an Asian market and buy a Vikon aka "Buddhist" chicken. Expect to pay roughly double what you would for factory farm chicken, and enough flavor to make you never want to buy supermarket chicken again.

The OP topic is cheap quality food. Not expensive food.

Honestly I think a lot of people are tired from working all day and just don't want to deal with cooking and cleaning. Also some people are lazy and can't be bothered with it. The solution is meal prep but I think people are intimidated by that. Also there are many people that legit don't know anything about cooking. Both of my parents worked and we always had dinner. They taught us how to cook and use stuff in the kitchen so when we got home they would always have something thawing out that they wanted us to start before they got home. Fast food was a treat, not a regular thing. We were lucky. What you see now are young adults who grew up eating fast food because both parents worked or whatever and they were never taught. They have also taken home economics out of many schools. I cook at minimum 5 x a week because that's what I'm used to. The other 2 days are usually leftovers. i do occasionally get a burger or something because it's easy but it's not a regular thing. I bring my kids into the kitchen when I cook as well. It's something everyone should learn to do. It's an essential skill that we should pass on to our kids

Yea, I get that. Notice I wasn't replying to OP, I was replying to the guy who said that Albertson's chicken was the best. It's not the best. It's the same as any other supermarket.

>The solution is meal prep
That's one solution. There are plenty of dishes you can easily make in just a few minutes. There are leftovers. There's the slow-cooker option. And there's simply rearranging your priorities. It's never been easier to cook at home: today we have mail-order delivery for ingredients, curbside pickup at markets, you can find any recipe you want via google. If you need to learn how to cook you can watch world-class experts teach you via youtube. Modern cooking appliances save tons of labor.

If people in the past worked long hours in factories or literal sunup-sundown in the farm field and managed to cook then today's 9-5 crowd certainly can. Especially given the factors I mentioned above. The issue is that many people choose to prioritize other things above cooking. They'd rather spend time watching TV, on social media, playing games, or whatever else instead of cooking.

Cooking and washing dishes/cookware takes much longer than eating plus, when you work 2 jobs just to avoid debt inundation, you just want something convenient to eat while plopped in front of the TV before going to bed to do it all again.

This. When I get takeout its laziness pure and simple, My mum used to cook but it was usually store bought frozen stuff, She comes from a poorer background(which i think is why she loves just spending any money she gets now) though she can actually cook and make stuff from scratch and bake etc, etc. My dad is a penny pincher though so whenever we got takeout it was a treat, I never learned how to cook until I was older and living on my own penny pinching like my dad, When I was a kid i was just taught to read instructions haha, sort of an all encompassing lesson.
>Why do I need to teach you to cook pasta? read the packet.

well fuck i guess with that logic i'll just hire the best chef in the world to make me some fried chicken and then i'll use that experience to argue with OP
faGGG

I like the McDonald's sausage breakfast burritos and square fish mcshinybun. There's a particular profile to these bs fake foods that will call out to me a few times a year. I live in NYC and have the culinary world at my fingertips, but those crappy little burritos got me the other day. Haven't had the fishofish in awhile but I love it even when the employee blasts the tartar on one corner so you have blowout.
>"Hot or mild sauce?"
>"hot" like there's a difference
>egg crumbles stick to the outside of the wrapper
>sausage peoples tumbling
>cheese as orange as a road cone
Fucking hit the spot

Laziness is evidence of dissatisfaction with life. There is more to this

I enjoy seeing what different chefs can do, both technically and creativity wise. It can help spark my own creativity, or just be an entertaining experience, whether good or bad. In fact, the more outlandish something is the more interesting it is to me. Its like visiting an art gallery.

If its something like Qdoba its just because im tired or lazy.

How pretentious can one picture be?

>cheap
The market close to my work sold avocados at 3 for €1. Nice ones too.

I want to eat that. It doesn't even look that tasty, but I want to know.

>american cheese
>pretentious

Same. All their specialty burgers are weird like that.

To be fair, everything else seems reasonably priced.

>picture literally points at the shoes
>pretentious

>$17 for a burger with a churro on it
No thanks

Keep in mind that its in Dollarydooos, so its more like 13 Ameribux.

>proves point

Well the topic of the thread was cheap food. A person could prolly make 4 of these themselves for $20 instead of buying one. Don't get me wrong, I mean I understand where your coming from and it's cool to try out new places and flavors but $13 is still too pricey for me for one burger.

Meant to reply to

There are plenty of cities and towns around the U.S. that don't have access to a chain grocery store (a lot of them still have the gas station/grocery combos). If you're hungry and you have 5 bucks to spend on food, have to drive 20 minutes or take the bus to get to the major part of your town and the McDonalds is right there, I'd call you a goddamn hypocrite for not grabbing a quick meal. But this is mostly taking in the flyover areas and rural southern states, going to overpriced restaurants is no excuse.

Collegefag here I have a meal plan and take 18 credit hours and work about 20 hours a week. I love cooking but I get home at 10pm or 11pm sometimes and then usually go drinking with my m8s it doesn't behoove me to start working on a meal that takes me 30 to 45 minutes to get put together as opposed to picking up a burger or popping a tv dinner in the microwave. If my schedule was lighter I'd cook more.

I once lived somewhere where the closest "store" was about 20 min away; that was a gas station with a little store inside. They did stock dairy, a limited selection of meats, some canned good and sauces. Finding a proper supermarket was more like a 45 min drive.

Want to know what most people ate? We hunted and fished. We grew veggies in our gardens. We kept chickens, rabbits, and pigs. This was supplemented with whatever we bought on the once-a-month trip to the big market. Most of our food was nearly free. You'd be an idiot to live in in the middle of nowhere and not rely on the land.

>We kept chickens, rabbits, and pigs
>We hunted

Yeah because having a big enough farm to keep all the animals gated in, having enough disposable income for feed, having enough money for hunting and farm equipment sure is cheap living isn't it

>There are plenty of cities and towns around the U.S. that don't have access to a chain grocery store (a lot of them still have the gas station/grocery combos).

Can you name a city without a chain grocery store?

>Yeah because having a big enough farm to keep all the animals gated in, having enough disposable income for feed, having enough money for hunting and farm equipment sure is cheap living isn't it

It really is. If you live somewhere that is that far away from "town" the land costs next to nothing. The property likely has a barn and fences on it already from its previous owners. You pay very little in taxes because you are outside city limits. And you certainly don't need a "big farm". A half acre can sustain a family. We had 40. The money we made from leasing half of it to a guy who kept his cattle and goats there paid for all our expenses.

>>feed
when you live out there and you keep a small number of animals for feedng your own family (as opposed to a high-density ranching operation) you don't need to buy feed. The cows and goats eat grass and scrub. The chickens eat bugs, seeds, wild plants, and kitchen scraps. The pigs eat kitchen scraps and the leftover parts of the veggies & such that humans can't eat. Got old leftover food? Feed it to the pigs instead of throwing it out.

Money for hunting? I used a Mosin I bought for $125. Still have it. Farm equipment? What farm equipment? It's just sustenance, not a big commerical operation where people grow crops for resale. It's just a garden to feed the family, a dozen chickens and two pigs. All you need is basic stuff. You don't need a big fancy tractor, harvester, etc.

It sounds like you're drawing conclusions regarding something you know nothing about.

>pay double for something
>durr it taste godly
Nah I'd rather spend my discretionary ingestion income on drugs and have fun

Yep, I'm going to make a different dinner from the last 2 dinners out of leftovers tonight. Sure hate wasting food and try to avoid that as much as possible

>Quality food is cheaper than ever
>posts a flyer for fucking albertsons
You're not helping your case here OP

Isabel, SD

>Get up
>Catch bus to work
>Can either arrive 40 minutes early or 15 minutes
>Don't want to lose sleep over it
That's pretty much why I do it half my mornings, it's either that or a quickie with breakfast cereals

What if you come from a family that has never owned land in that amount? A half acre is enough to grow some vegetables sure, but only enough to keep yourselves fed and definitely not enough space or leftovers to keep livestock. What if you don't even have $100 dollars to save at the end of the month?

And you want to talk about low income living when you had 40 fucking acres to lease?

He said he leased 20 acres. That wouldn't bring in much money, probably enough to cover property taxes and property insurance with a little left over. Not high income.

Literally the only reason for fastfood is if youre lazy/tired
Its so easy to cook fried shit that tastes better than any fast food place

Restaurants have the social aspect to them. But Im a lonely fuck so never go to any

czeched

because you don't have to cook and clean when you eat at restaurants

Of course it is the same, the point he was making as best is the taste from either seasoning or texture you dumbass
Saying that is like saying all restaurants chicken are the same because it is using broiler chicken. Retard.

So basically Hipster food are trash mixed in together

Get fucked city boy, rural towns do not have mcdonalds on their town squares faggot

152 people is not a city