You have 10 seconds to convince me to ever calculate a determinant again

You have 10 seconds to convince me to ever calculate a determinant again

fuck off Axler your book sucks dick

It'll be on the midterm.

After you do like 5 you will never forget it, but yea, fuck retardes professora who waste time on teaching this shit instead of the actually important shit in lin alg.

Change of variable in an integral

>triangular matrix
but is it diagonalizable?

Fuck this shit

What's a good linear algebra book for someone who has seen it at a superficial level (think engineering superficial)

What would your favorite applied LA book be? Obviously proofs-based there are easy contenders, but why not LADR for applications?

Valenza, Halmos or Hoffman and Kunze are the only intro pure maths LA books I'd recommend. Shilov is nice too but a bit higher up on the scale. Might be a good fit for you though if you've already seen some LA.

What if you need to know the vorticity of a fluid???

I use computer software

linear algebra done right by axler.
fuck all the stupid shitheads and their other garbage suggestions.

to normalize the density of a multivariate normal

Don't learn it that way. If you do you'll do the same shit on a 4x4 some day when sleep deprived or stoned i duno and you'll brutally fuck it up and hate that you ever learned the crissy-crossy bullshit for 2x2 and 3x3.

There's none. Computers were invented for a reason.

find an eigenvector, oh wait you can't.

>taking a shitty matrix algebra class instead of proper linear algebra. You dun fucked up, buddy.

I was joking, the book is great. Linear Algebra Done Wrong gives it a run for its money though.

Manga guide to linear algebra

anime is not science

Reminds me of the TA back in algebra 2, he repeatedly said during the course that "many a girl got seduced by Sarrus". He was like 75 too, and would hit on girls during class. I can't wait to be old.