KO sardines

>KO sardines
>saltines
>guldens spicy brown mustard

is there any way to enhance this? was fucking amazing

someone convince me not to be scared of sardines
this sounds really good but i'm so squeamish about seafood you would not believe it
skin, bones, ick
but i want the sick nutrition and gainz and etc

Just eat them they're fucking good and healthy too.

There are skinless and boneless versions, if you're too grossed out by the real deal. They're not as nutritious, and in my opinion the flavor is lacking, but you could try them as an intermediate step before you take on the whole fish.

I think most people have a fear of sardines because they confuse them with anchovies, which are extremely salty and fishy. Sardines have a very light taste to them, imagine fish that hasn't been fried. The saltine adds crunchy texture and the mustard adds some spice and flavor, the sardine is there because it's cheap and easily stored and you need to eat.

I eat the fuck out of these with crusty bread and hot sauce. Mostly Texas Pete.

where can i get sardines without the fucking spine in them? the spine in my mouth and when crushed is all wet powdery turns me off of them pretty quick.
HELP ME PLEASE

you can start out slow with just replacing tuna in a tuna salad with sardines, or a tuna sandwich after shredding them. Buy a can of sardines in water if you don't really want to deal with the oil, or let them drain off the oil as much as possible before eating them.

They're tastier with a more smoked flavor, hard to describe, but it isn't overpowering. It also has a much lower chance of mercury contamination and the ingestion of other parts of the fish is very good for you.

How would you rank these brands top to bottom?
>Chicken of the Sea
>Beach Cliff
>Wild Planet
Asking because those are the only ones the store close to me offers.

Wild planet>>>>>>>>>any other brand

herrings are better in general

They're so processed/cooked/small bones that you hardly feel them, it's like eating a chip.

This thread made me crave sardines so I opened som wild planet in evoo and doused it in some homemade hot sauce. Eating them with saltines.

yeah use Brunswick sardines

>soybean oil

"no!"

Does anyone else just pop one a tin and dig in with fingers and not bother with accouterments?

Or is it just my bad habits from backpacking and not giving a fuck.

absolutely, i keep a tin in my backpack at all times. they're delicious and filling and way cheaper than buying some bullshit on campus.

i eat them outside, far away from other people, and with a utensil though, just as a matter of courtesy.

I get mine in olive oil

If you can't hack sardines just yet, try Kippered Snacks first. They're less 'slippery' and make a good gateway drug to mainlining sardines.

I eat sardines straight out the can

Wild Planet sardines are firm, meaty, and lack a fishy odor. All of the flavors are good. Their tomato flavor is actually nice compared to other canned fish in general.
Beach Cliff and Chicken of the Sea sardines are soft or mushy with a fishy odor.
Jose Andres are pretty good.

I like a little sliver of smoked Gouda on the cracker too. Maybe pepper jack, sometimes. I like a stronger flavored cheese to stand up to the oils.

Do they have less mercury than tuna?

Trying to ween myself off of tuna because too much can fuck up your kidneys due to the mercury

Just steer clear of Beach Cliff and there's nothing to worry about. Crown Prince and King Oscar are worth the premium and taste great. If you buy the cheapest shit you're playing roe roulette and it's only a matter of time before you take a big gritty bite of disgusting sardine eggs to kill your appetite.

I agree with both King Oscar and Crown Prince, can't go wrong with either. My favorite is the "Mediterranean" KO.

they're a very small fish, so yeah, way less mercury. more omega 3 than tuna too i think

sardines are basically perfect

Roasted garlic triscuits and a mild hot sauce like Texas Pete or Tapatio.

throw in some green olives and I'm in