Hello, I have some a few different batches of fentanyl I ordered online...

Hello, I have some a few different batches of fentanyl I ordered online. This is my first time posting under Veeky Forums and I am curious to see how much chemistry is known on this board.

How can I isolate/purify the batches I have and how can I figure out the purity of the final product? Also, I am not even sure if one of them is fentanyl, it could be U-44700. Is there anyway to test this? I have a full lab available.

Other urls found in this thread:

pharmacopeia.cn/usp.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump.

pour the fentanyl out on the table and rub your hand all in it

And then?

Kill yourself

Op you will die if you do this fyi

I don't think you all understand that I have a lab and equipment.. I only know a lot about synthesis not isolation. I did not make this batch, but I need it.

Dip finger in powder,
rub on gums.

Should go numb if its the good stuff.

Pretty dumb that you wouldn't know isolating compounds if you know synthesis. I doubt your yields are 100% pure.
I would use GCMS to check if there are any impurities in those pills first before attempting to isolate it.
And no I'm not a chemist.

IR / 1H NMR / 13C NMR. Labs usually have at least an IR machine. Compare the graphs they give you to ones online unless you want to make all the calculations. If results show it's unpure, you have to figure out the type of unpurity to figure out the extraction solvent. How the fuck do you want us to help you without not knowing what the impurity is and how the fuck do you get a job in a lab without knowing how to isolate shit.

>i don't know the bare bones basics of characterizing organic compounds
>i have a full lab available

>I only know a lot about synthesis
>not isolation

Clearly a wikipedia educated fag or a kid trawling for basic CWE info because he can't understand erowid

GC/MS will give you a baseline for purity. If it's impure, do a fractional distillation.

>T. Undergrad

>distilling a high molecular weight compound

real comedy hours on Veeky Forums

Of all the things you could be fooling around with while not knowing what you're doing, that's probably one of the worst possible choices.

Get a naloxone kit and have it handy when you work.

>IR
>machine

What does a machine know? Machines do, instruments discover. Get out.

>Has nothing to contribute so argues about the pointless semantics of language.

>looks for an argument inside the mimetic semantic bantz

LOL, so you do everything neat and with 100% yield, no side products, right?

fuck off

Fentanyl has reference spectral data available online

The fact that you were able to read my post and understand it well enough to correct one word to another word that most people use interchangeably suggests that what I wrote makes sense and that you're an autist.

pharmacopeia.cn/usp.asp

Type "fentanyl" in the box.
Hit enter
????
PROFIT

>NMR
>Purity
t. Wikipedia scholar

>the impurities have high molecular weights

.... the purification method would depend on the results of GC/MS -- I suspect there are a lot of leftover solvents since it came from China, but there's no way of knowing before he gets a baseline...

Ugh.

Whatever, fuck you, I was drunk. I meant to say column distillation, but even then...

recrystalization is obviously the best method.

This.

>336.471 g/mol
>when the target compound IS the high molecular weight part of the matrix (excluding cellulose, silica, and binders)
>Just distill it on a column, duh, I was drunk
>but not really just recrystallize it

I guess it's comedy weekend. You do realize how hard it is to dissolve and recrystallize several milligrams of a target amine from a complex matrix like a pressed pill weighing nearly a gram?

I swear 90% of this board is lobotomized.

Attached: 1517155523890.jpg (487x469, 31K)

Attached: 20106371_783981311761392_8300547577580020711_n.jpg (746x732, 51K)

I'll admit, running a column is stupid, but I don't think recrystallization is, nor is running a gc/ms to figure out what he actually has in the tablet.

>silica binders blah blah blah
Of course you should wash with NaOH or some other base first to isolate the freebase form of the target amine from the binders/silica/cellulose before you attempt recrystallization, but I kinda thought that was assumed.