Why aren't white print books more popular? I find white print on dark pages much easier on my shitty eyes

Why aren't white print books more popular? I find white print on dark pages much easier on my shitty eyes

Other urls found in this thread:

sec.gov/pdf/handbook.pdf
kaiweber.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/ragged-right-or-justified-alignment/
allaboutvision.com/cvs/irritated.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

same

melanin enriched paper is too patrician for book companies to print

Cost

>all that fucking ink and money wasted so your shitty beta eyes don't get sore

>ink
I don't think that's how it works, but I don't know enough to dispute it.

If material efficiency were the issue, we wouldn't be reading books at all.

stupid retard have you heard of black paper

They dye it

WE

consider the time we live in. Is white print really notably wasteful.

What is it even called? Searching "white print book" yields no example. After multiple searched this is the only example of a white-on-black book I could find.

It's the opposite for me. White print on black makes my eyes hurt.

>not exclusively reading in Braille
Fucking plebs.

>What is it even called?

a middlebrow waste of time

>Wanting to read literal blacked books
>In 2017
Oh no wait, the year makes perfect sense in this case. Carry on.

THREE KINGS

get an ereader

Scoffing outwardly audible

Why the fuck do people think white on black is a good idea for your eyes

It isnt

This. Black print on white/cream is better for your eyes. I think there are some better combinations out there but it's almost always better to read dark text on a light background

because it's cheaper you dumbshit

In general black on white is simply the best colour scheme for most people to distinct letters from each other. If you ask people who are losing their eyesight, they usually prefer that colour scheme over white on black.

How do you think they make black paper?

I am interested....

I think they sort of are, just not for physical books. Tons of people probably read in "night" mode on their devices, just as tons of people use the tomorrow theme here

I think it is so on screens only

Racism

black trees, stupid

Too much wasted ink, a more efficient thing to do is to invent glasses that display everything in front of you except inverted. Since you can't actually alter photons with pure glass, I imagine it would incorporate a camera somehow.

>White on black crime

WE WUZ TREES MAH NIGGUH

Eyes read black print on white background the best. Texts would also be easier to follow if they were left aligned. You can google it.

source

Could u shitpost on braille?

Bull fucking shit.
Why do these use blackboards?

because they can't afford whiteboards

>easier on my shitty eyes
blame your shitty genetics instead of paper

sec.gov/pdf/handbook.pdf

see p.50 justified text makes it so the eye has to constantly readjust.

kaiweber.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/ragged-right-or-justified-alignment/
has some nice links to sources as well

That seems to assume you're already using black on white, and doesn't say whether white on black or black on white is better.

However, most studies have shown that dark characters on a light background are superior to light characters on a dark background (when the refresh rate is fairly high). For example, Bauer and Cavonius (1980) found that participants were 26% more accurate in reading text when they read it with dark characters on a light background.

Reference: Bauer, D., & Cavonius, C., R. (1980). Improving the legibility of visual display units through contrast reversal. In E. Grandjean, E. Vigliani (Eds.), Ergonomic Aspects of Visual Display Terminals (pp. 137-142). London: Taylor & Francis

allaboutvision.com/cvs/irritated.htm

>allaboutvision
>alla
islam pls leave mubark thanks

It's like when you burn books and fill the library with that nice smoky smell and all the smoke goes up in the sky where it becomes stars

>my eyes are shitty so i like white on black paper
>this paper is shitty so i like white on black paper

kek

how do you control for lifelong habituation to dark-on-light

Because I don't want to feel like it's night as I'm reading. Except in the case that I am choosing to read at night.

pretty edgy desu

Your shitty eyes will find that soreness lessens greatly if you can find an optimal angle of light incidence, light source, distance to reading surface, time of day reading/level of exhaustion, etc.

When printing white text on a black background we have to use two types of black. A rich black for the background to give it that deep black look, and a true black that gets printed as a stroke around the text. This prevents bleeding into the white and also forces the white to 'pop'. Personally, I think it's more of a strain on the eyes.

I remember when the internet first came out and everyone made their shitty websites black with white text in addition to the multicolored text that would scroll across the screen from one side to the the other, a custom clock and a visitor counter. Everyone tried to get their shitty MySpace pages black with white text before Facebook came along too.

Trying to read that fuckin tilt shift is hurting my eyes more than the print itself

Do you think internet culture has improved or gone down? Do you think Veeky Forums peaked pre-2010? Personally, I felt the wave of newfaggotry from maintstream users in most forums reached a sort of next-gen zenith, where old users and new users adapted to this new and more ironic fashion that is prevalent today.

Because most people don't have a perfectly round cornea and after a period of time reading the text appears to have a "ghosting" effect above or below the text. It's the same reason websites don't have white text on a black background. It's also more of a strain on the eyes after a while as the white text creates lines in the vision, a sort of optical illusion.

Squeeze niggers

I've heard that the yellow paper with blue lines helps kids with dyslexia for some reason.

that doesn't sound right but I don't know enough about stars to dispute that

>refresh rate
This is talking about screens, not paper.