Which is the comfiest season to read? I think for me it's fall or winter

Which is the comfiest season to read? I think for me it's fall or winter.

READ 24/7/365 KEEP UP PUMP IT PUMP IT

I fucking hate reading in the summer. Don't feel comfortable staying inside on a sunny day. Normies in every park and café judging me.

No one gives a shit about what you do; reading is perfectly acceptable in public. Stop being a pussy.

読書三余
The three times for reading [Winter, night, rain]

>reading is perfectly acceptable in public
I don't know about that. I feel pretty uncomfortable reading in a park, would never read in a café. Even a college library feels weird because no one else even reads. It's very strange

>Normies in every park and café judging me.
Either you are a special kind of autist, or America is truly a terrifying place.

What kind of person would go outside in fall to sit on a wooden bench and read?

Definitely on the spectrum but I can count on my hand how many times I've seen someone reading in public around my campus/city in the past 3 years. It honestly feels weird bringing it up to people my age because I look like even more of an autist for reading shit like War and Peace or Dante

Granted I feel you. I don't have a single friend who reads and the people I meet at uni either too well read for me or have barely touched books for most of their adult life.

It can be super nice if there's sun and you get that autumnal warmth which is just right. Much better than summer heat.

Monsoon easily.

Bombay becomes the wettest place on earth in 10 days and i'm already dreaming of reading with a coffee mug at my window as the rain washes my face with its powdery water.... love it.

>look like even more of an autist for reading shit like War and Peace or Dante
Why?

I understand about cafes, there are too many distractions and too much noise for me to read comfortably there. But nobody reading in parks and even libraries? That's just sad.

>comfiest season to read
Une saison en enfer.

I can relate but honestly nobody cares even a little bit about what some sperg reads. When was the last time you judged someone for doing some mundane shit, and more importantly, did it affect them in any way?

Summer for me. I prefer reading outside.

I could be wrong, but I doubt anyone specifically goes to a bench to read. You're just going about your business outside and happen to have a book on your person and some time to kill. Personally I'd look for a tree to sit under or some grass to lay down on, but some people like sitting on things that were made to be sit on.

/thread

put headphones in (no music) and read wherever you want. Nobody bothers you and nobody cares.

fbpb

just the motivation i needed

I try to read outside in all kinds of weather. I like solitude on the one hand--rarely achievable at home because I have a noisy family--and open shores and unchecked vistas, on the other--rarely to be found in the city and not at all at home, obviously. When it looks like pic related I can usually last between forty five minutes and a little over one hour, depending on the wind, in full winter gear, a maximum of three finger tips on the book or the kindle. It's funny how e-ink seems to curdle in cold weather, making page transitions seconds-long, just as the chilled blood makes my grip robotic, scarce warm sap being pumped up the stairs to my weary little old neurons. Then hypothermia slowly sets in. It truly must be the comfiest death, as it's said to be (by people who haven't died yet, truth be told). It's all worth it.