Most Popular Chain by State

Proof that Chik Fil A is objectively better than other chain restaurants. People who live in the "non-Chik-Fil-A" states, what's your excuse?
businessinsider.com/best-fast-food-chain-in-every-state-chick-fil-a-2017-10/

Other urls found in this thread:

in-n-out.com/locations
raisingcanes.com/restaurant-locations?keys=&order=gsl_addressfield_1&sort=asc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Citation needed desu.

As a citizen of Vermont and former citizen of New Hampshire I can say neither of those are accurate. I didn't even know there was a Wendy's still in Vermont until I searched online.

Texas confirmed cucks, I assumed it would be muh whataburger

What is the point of this thread? To shill chik-fil-a?

In the article it's very clear. It's the number of visits to each restaurant divided by the number of locations.
I live in MA, very few Chik Fil A locations but the ones that exist are always super popular.

arizona how? always takes at least 20 goddamned minutes to get through the drive through at in-n-out, but Chic-Fil-A has absolutely no one all day everyday (save for when the Mormons get out of whatever fucking activity they did that day)

>In-N-Out
REEEEEE
CALIFORNIANS GET OUT OF MY STATE

>divided by the number of locations
why

>Raising Cane's more popular than In-n-Out in California
>In-n-Out more popular than Raising Cane's in Texas

Pretty sure this map is all hecked up.

I dunno. I have found larger lines at Ninety Nine, Olive Garden, Al's French Fries and Panera than Wendy's here. In fact, the one I visited just to try was pretty run down.

>divided by the number of locations.
That's probably the reason. There's no fucking chick-fil-as anywhere, whereas you can throw a stone in New York and ricochet it off a few McDonalds.

I have never seen a Cane's in California

Wendy's is like most fast food places though, only good for the chicken nuggets and literally nothing else.

Because that way you can actually see which restaurants are the most popular, rather than just most prevalent.

>Foursquare
people use that shit?

Stupid method of judgement. If they're more popular, of course they're gonna be more prevalent and thus reduce visits per shop. Should have just counted up number of orders/visits instead.

But that means that more people come into a Chik Fil A in MA in one day than to any single McDonald's.
It's a fair way to balance it.
Of course that way the less-popular McDonald's locations offset the super-popular ones but on average a Chik-Fil-A will be busier than a McDonald's.

That doesn't mean it is the most popular in the State though, just in the area that that particular chick-fil-a is in. In CT, I have only heard of a chick-fil-a existing in Fairfield county, for instance, whereas it is fairly easy to find a McDonalds near malls or on main roads nearly anywhere in the state. More people eat at McDonalds in the state than at Chick-fil-a, so to argue that the latter is more popular by this metric is misleading. CT is a small state, too, imagine how skewed it must be for large states.

>KFC over Popeyes
I feel really attacked right now

What a fucking bullshit metric. Corporate strategy would be to open more locations if a franchise is popular so this is going to show moderately successful franchise with the fewest locations, not the overall most popular

>In the article it's very clear. It's the number of visits to each restaurant divided by the number of locations.

That's fucking retarded. It completely ignores the fact that the number of locations is also an indicator of the level of demand.

I have never seen a canes anywhere in California so I'm immediately disregarding

>white caslte most popular in nevada.
>first location in vegas has only been open for 2 years.

New York has Chik-fil-a? I've never seen one.

is this bullshit based on fucking foursquare check-in's?
straight into the dump it goes

What the fuck is raising cane's?
What a shitty fucking chart

hawaii is correct as far as pure fast food chains go

zippys would be popular, but this seems to take into account multi state chains

have some mcdonalds breakfast platters

this. What the fuck even IS that place. Who did they poll for results? What the fuck is the source?

The source is HE WON, CHIK-FIL-A IS THE NATIONAL FOOD NOW, GET OVER IT

Is bueno only an Oklahoma thing? Cuz if so y'all niggas missing out lmao

I can only assume this is based on check-ins via foursquare, making this the least scientific "study" of all time and the fakest of fake news

i'm pretty sure there are fewer than 5 Cane's in the entire state of CA

Lol in and out texas... Wtf happened to what a burger

Nah the canes where i live is packed 24\7 30 mins waiting in the drive thru and almost an hour inside

what the fuck is this map, how is any of this possible?

In n Out has 234 locations in CA and only 35 in Texas
>in-n-out.com/locations

Raising Cane's has FIVE total locations in CA, and they're all in the same county
>raisingcanes.com/restaurant-locations?keys=&order=gsl_addressfield_1&sort=asc

houstonfag here. we're just now getting our first in n out. i'm partial to muh waterburger

>For the study, we looked at which chains received the most visits on average in every state based on the total number of visits to each chain divided by the number of locations in that state

The only way this would be fair would be to measure the popularity of the chains WITHIN A CERTAIN LOCATION. Comparing the only five small chains Company A has in a state located in a busy downtown metro to all of the locations of big chain B, including the slow, rural ones, is going to hurt the Company B chains that are located near Company A, which probably do better business.

When a new brand enters a state they are going to stick to the large metro areas because there are more people there and inherently more business. The larger, known chains can afford to have tons of restaurants in podunk towns because it will be profitable to them. This is why this stupid, shitty "study" has found literal who chains to be ahead of McDonalds and almost every state.

Is Taco Bueno remarkable in any way? I used to eat it as a little kid, but Taco Bell is right up the street and Taco Bell always has some wacky new food to try.

you're leaving out:
>Foursquare released data to reveal the most popular fast-food chain in every state
they didn't base this on financial records of every location of every fast food joint in every state
this is just some bullshit based on whatever data that was gathered by some app that no one cares about
it's flawed since most people aren't going to check in every time they go to McD's or taco bell for a quick bite
nobody wants "user has checked in from McDonalds 485 times" in their profile
it's fundamentally skewed towards "destination" fast food places
the sample size is also most likely minuscule

It's drive thru text Mex. It's not dog food slathered in cheese 45 different ways like taco Bell.

So you tell me

>tfw most of america hates gays

Right so a chain like Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers seems more popular with five locations...

I've lived in California all my life and I have never heard of canes

The only "Texans" I know are all actually just Californian immigrants

to be more accurate:

FOURSQUARE USERS' FAVORITE RESTAURANTS

>Alaska is forced to vote for McDonalds because there's literally nothing else there

i, too, live in Austin

>please move back to L.A.

This. I didn't even know there was a chick fil a in the northeast let alone here in NY. I'm guessing that one location is pretty popping. Shitty way to measure popularity.

There isn't even an in and out in Houston which is the largest city in Texas. This seems like a lie.

That's retarded though. If there's just one location, people from other locations will drive to visit that one. If there were two locations, the traffic at both would be lower, and you'd also be dividing by two. It's a shitty methodology that biases the study towards chains with just a few stores.

>Washington prefers Chick Fil' A
>Not many Chick Fil' A actually here
>Hometown (Bellingham) used to have one at the university, but then they got rid of it
>Now living in Pullman. Closest one is in Moscow, Idaho.

Can these fuckers please just expand already?

More like Chick-Fil-A is the most popular restaurant among middle age women who use foursquare

This AFAIK the only In-N-Out is in Austin. Also they're overrated as fuck, like barely better than McDonald's tier.

there's on opening soon somewhere on westheimer near dairy ashford

There's like what, 2 Chick Fil A in Chicago? That number is gonna be skewed as fuck

>In-N-Out
there's like 5 here in Austin.
and yeah, highly overrated.
its like a slightly better McDonalds.

Who were the participants of this survey? The Baptist Church General Assembly?

I was going to ask why the fuck we were popeyes, but then I saw it was related to foursquare check ins and it suddenly made a lot more sense. last year the first popeyes in the largest city in the state opened up. also surprised anyone uses foursquare

FourSquare.

data is according to FourSquare

no one uses FourSquare except Chick-Fil-A christians

yeah, what the fuck? chick fil a and in n out are both garbage compared to whataburger.

i assume it's just novelty as in n out slowly spreads throughout the state. we got them in fort worth years ago.

>People who live in the "non-Chik-Fil-A" states, what's your excuse?
either flyover or disgusting liberal degenerates, take your pick

Theres one in essex junction.

laguna hills i think or aliso viejo

I have never seen a chick fil a in Washington Wtf

I've never heard of Cane's
>t. Bayfag of 30 years

>NY

Bitch I've never a seen a Chik-Fil-La here. It's McDonald's country here.

Wtf is canes? Never even seen one in socal. In n out is way more popular.

Never even heard of Cane's desu.

Tendies place. There's only like 8 of them in California total and they're all close to LA.

It's not even just going to Chick-Fil-A specifically because of their Christian "values', it's that having fried chicken on Sunday after church is traditional. There's only 8 states here that didn't go for chicken places.

In and Out is the most popular one in TX?

Nope. Nuh uh. Absolutely not. They're still getting here, still establishing business. There is no way they are the most popular, it's economically impossible. This map is fucked up, gonna need source for it.

Live in California for many years.

Never heard of Cane's.

>Chik-fil-a
>More popular than Culvers
>In Wisconsin
"no"

There is one on El Toro in Orange County. One.

And there are like 3 Chik Fil As in the entrie state of WA and they just opened within last two years.

shitty faggot infograph and fake news statistics. saged

>commiefornia
>not In-n-out
Not as gooda as you say huh
I knew that shit was overrated GARBAGE

Chic-fil-a is only popular because it's a meme and not readily available for flyovers

obsessed. also the map clearly shows it's popular everywhere

im from ny and have never seen a chik fil a

Wtf is Cane's? I lived in California all my life

Believe it or not.
It's literally a place that sells only chicken tenders

>California not In N Out
>Texas not Whataburger
>Wisconson not Culvers
>Nevada doesn't even have a fucking White Castle
This map is clearly fake.

>Ohio not Wendy's or White Castle
No pride

Alaska here, can confirm. Best fast food is probably Wendy's. We don't have a Chik-fil-a up here.

>BK nowhere in sight
BK BTFO

Don't you actually get paid for living in Alaska cuz it sucks so much?

>To determine the most popular fast-food chain in each state, Foursquare looked at which chains received the most visits on average per location in every state based on the total number of visits to each chain divided by the number of locations in that state.
>average visits per locaton
>divided by the number of locations in that state.
That's retarded.

I don't understand Foursquare. Do you leave reviews for the places?
What's the point of "checking in" to some place?

>tfw fucking love Whataburger
>The nearest one is 200 miles away

Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sunday.

It is Whataburger. This survey was done using a retarded method that causes chains with few locations to dominate the map. They even acknowledge this in the article. I don't know what they were thinking by doing it this way.

It's a meme map with a retarded formula in place. Don't get too excited.

Also, it's all based on visits by Foursquare users, not total visits or sales.

Michigan here. We have 1 chik fila in the entire state. Your image is bullshit

And you'd have to be pretty pretentious to check into a fast food place on Foursquare.

>divided by the number of locations in the state

this is an incredibly arbitrary and purposefully misleading way to measure popularity. the entire "study" here is rendered completely meaningless by flawed methodology.

>Texas not Whataburger
>New Mexico not Blake's
>Cali not In n Out
What the fuck am I looking at?

i tried whataburger after years of In n Out and it was fucking garbage

explain yourselves

The method they used to determine this is incredibly flawed, as other anons mentioned. Claiming that In N Out is somehow more popular/loved/better than Whataburger in Texas compared to Whataburger is just silly.