Hi Veeky Forums

hi Veeky Forums,

I shot a few of these tasty fuckers this morning. I cut out the breast and legs, there's not much more usable meat on a wild duck. (Sometimes I will go through the bother to gut the cavity, pluck and roast it, but the fat isn't quite as pleasant as farm-reared duck fat, so its not quite the same.)

So here's my question:
The steel pellets that killed the duck undoubtedly traveled through the guts as they killed the bird. Pellet enters one side of duck, travels through the meat, through the guts, out the other side of the duck, probably bringing some undesirable bacteria along with it.

being as duck is best served rare it seems like i have two choices:

1 - overcook the duck, killing the bacteria, but killing the taste and texture.

2 - freeze the duck, then thaw it, then cook it rare.

what do, Veeky Forums?

Wild game should be cooked all the way through to kill parasites if there are any. If you want rare duck get a farm raised one.

asshole murderer

dont freeze it OP, it will wreck the fresh texture of the meat. Just cook it long enough so it's fully cooked but still juicy.

i hope you choke on a faro grain and die

he didn't murder any assholes. you're still alive and posting here.

i'm going to murder your asshole with my benis

Those aren't assholes, they're ducks.

Pick me! Pick meeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

>The steel pellets that killed the duck undoubtedly traveled through the guts as they killed the bird.
Shot is supposed to kill the animal through shock, not penetration.

I will never understand how someone can feel morally justified to murder an animal to eat when they could just buy meat from the store.

I can't figure if you're retarded or mentally ill.

>its pasta
so both

Freezing won't kill bacteria, only temps over 165F. E-coli will only go dormant if frozen, not to mention whatever else was in the gut. Just cook it properly, you'll be fine. Maybe consider braising or another moist cooking method if you're worried about tenderness.

Pretty sure he's trolling and you took the bait.

Make duck confit, hunterbro

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've read here on Veeky Forums today. How do you think the shot generates the shock? Oh, right, it punches huge gaping bleeding wound channels through the entire bird.

>asshole murderer

He's not a vegan tho

Well done, kid.

You shot and killed some innocent animals.

>duck is best served rare

go ban to /an/

Go back to

and take your bloodthirst with you

veganposting should be permabanned.

So should murder.

Definition of murder, taken from Merriam Webster:
>1:the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought

why the fuck do americans obsess about muh food poisoning and muh germs? do they live in a 3rd world country?

yes

kys and do the world a favour

You fucking poacher, it isn't even duck season yet. What state do you live in? Are you asian? You really want to live in a country where there isn't any game because assholes like you violate game laws? Go spotlight some deer while you're at it, fuckwad.

>inb4 b-b-but I only killed 8 out of season, that won't matter

How come you didnt keep the duck neck or the bones for a hearty stock? Then again, I'll assume if the flesh is gamey the marrow and collagen would be too

>You fucking poacher, it isn't even duck season yet. What state do you live in? Ar

Also notice they're all tagged

>killing tagged ducks
user you just slaughtered someone else's property

/an/ supports legal hunting, fuckwit