Why is salt so amazing?

Why is salt so amazing?
Makes Tomatoes amazing
Makes Potatoes amazing
Makes Rice amazing.
What are some other foods that Salt transforms into being amazing, and can anyone explain the magic behind this?

Also post your favorite salty foods!

i wonder what happens when we run out of salt?

Impossible, you just dig up the dead and lick the salt from their bones.

We'll sweat it out.

>using salt
Absolutely disgusting. Most foods are already salty enough.

>He doesn't know the joy of a salty tomato
>He doesn't know the joy of a salted boiled potato.

I feel sorrow for you user.

enjoy high blood pressure

I can't tell you to enjoy anything, because you are lacking in simple joy of a salted potato.

found the white

because its very unhealthy

Found the babyboomer

I'm 23

Tell me the secrets of time travel.

>salt literally linked to high blood pressure

correlation isnt causation

Nothing is salty until you put salt on it..

Implying we will ran out of seawater ever

I've heard people say salt "brings out the flavor" of food.
Is that actually true or is it just a meme? I mean how does salt make steak taste more like steak

>Thinking our understanding of nutrition is anywhere near complete or realiable

Salt activates your tongues taste buds, making flavours stand out more.

>What are some other foods that Salt transforms into being amazing

Literally every single food even sweets ya twit.

There are many things I will not eat because I can taste nothing but salt.
I dislike the taste of salt.

>making flavours stand out more
People always say this, and yet I have never found this to be true.
If I put salt on something, all I taste is salt. Whatever the original flavour was is now gone.
Who the fuck knows what's going on with that.
>broketongue.txt

Salt has been used as a means of conservation for centuries. These people made it and so will you if you don't stuff your face with literal shit on a daily basis.

>salt restriction literally linked to higher all cause mortality

just retarded then?

Dude, you are obviously oversalting your food. Use salt in moderation.

Some people are salty, like the guy you replied to

Only around 35% of the population has a direct correlation between salt intake and blood pressure. For a lot of people the salt intake has hardly any influence.

you can almost preserve everything with salt.
we flips enjoy dried fish for breakfast

salty tomatoes is truly awesome

Earth's ecosystem is essentially closed. All the salt that we'll ever have access to, or ever had access to, is all still here (except for any on satellites, space station, etc... for all the anal people out there)

You are a retard.

damn americans, why must you replace salt with sugar everytime?

fuckaing jesus chirst....
yes.... salt is un-fucking-healthy .... IF YOUE EAT LIKE A BAG OF IT PER DAY or some shit

If you want to stay healthy, adding sald to tomatoes, potatoes, meat, veggies, etc. won't kill you.
Foods with a lot of fucking salt, like pickles, dried meat or other cold meat products,FUCKING GODDAMN RAMEN, will fucking destroy you in the most anal way possible and will leave a gaping, salty asshole where your poop dispenser ought to be and leave you dead.

Salt is the most basic of human condiments. It is the basis upon wich gastronomy has been built. With this important ingredient, mankind was able to prosper and grow.
Even the most fucking orthodox priests had acces to salt. Taking out salt from your life when there are many more fucking ingredients, that are 10000% raping your body is quite mental.
Take sugar for instance.
Sugar increases blood pressure. It makes you fat. It gives you cancer. It's used by americans in everything. It's bad!
I love muh salt. Fuck sugar.

>Sugar
>used by americans
High fructose corn syrup is the new game in town, regular sugar ain't cutting it anymore my dude.