How dare you Veeky Forums. How dare you ask for water with lemon

How dare you Veeky Forums. How dare you ask for water with lemon.
Fucking scum.

Water with lemon is pretty refreshing and healthy too.

Servers are the worst. Prove me wrong.

They have a job. They make money. Despite what the Facebook posts of the dozens of 15 year old girls you follow say, most of them work hard.

NEETs are at the bottom of the swimming pool.

I have been server, I have been cook, and I have been NEET. Servers are not worst. NEETs are worst.

i have never seen any group of people that share a profession act like what they do is the HARDEST job in the world and also be so ungrateful/condescending to customers

Unemployment benefits are better than doing a shitty minimum wage job.

>t. Wagecuck mad they cannot afford to be a NEET
>implying all NEETs rely on parents or government

I unironically don't get it. Is ordering water with lemon annoying to servers? That doesn't even make sense.

>>implying all NEETs rely on parents or government
To pretend that the

Lol I'm not wagecuck you poor sod.

How much money do you think servers make? Sincerely, what's your estimate on yearly income for someone who serves full time?

That's precisely why you never tip, as well as the fact that you're covering schlomo's responsibility to pay his fucking workers.

>OMG HOW FUCKING DARE YOU GET A LEMON FOR YOUR WATER REEEEE
>That shitty microwaved entree will be $20, plus 40% tip for yours truly

And people wonder why restaurant chains are floundering

Just using myself as an example fampai. I am using inheritence and money I have saved over the years.

Some people worked in their teens and decided to take a break.

Others live with friends.

Others are women with sugar daddies.

> (OP)
>Water with lemon is pretty refreshing and healthy too.
what makes adding a lemon to water so healthy and refreshing?

I'm not gonna say they're all terrible, but I will say they're easily one of the most overpayed jobs given the experience required. When I was 19, I worked a summer as a server, and usually took over $100 for a 6 hour shift. I will never, ever respect a server that complains about bad tippers or not making enough money. If you're not making stacks of cash, then you just suck at dealing with people. And I am a man, by the way. I didn't just skirt around with my tits flapping out for bigger tips.

It makes my teeth feel like they haven't brushed them for the past 10 days. Its disgusting. In fact, I'm going to brush my teeth now just from thinking about it.

Never brush your teeth after drinking acidic food, user. You can damage your enamel that way. Wait at least 30 minutes.

Nothing. It makes it worse. Good water is delicious. Why would stop dumping shit in it? Just get some kool-aid or something if you want flavor. You're probably gonna take your water with lemon and pour 6 packets of sugar in it anyway to make lemonaide. I see people do it all the time to save from paying $2 for an actual drink. They think we don't notice that their lemon water is unusually cloudy and half the bowl of sugar packets is gone.

Post tits

>I am using inheritence
>not relying on your parents/relatives
huh.

What the fuck? Are you going to kick them out of the restaurant for using free sugar packets?autist

Half the fucking restaurants I go to give me lemon anyway. I have to ask for water without lemon.

You're getting a flavored bevetage that doesn't count towards your bill (and thus tip).

Essentially it's waitstaff saying "fuck you, spend more money so I can get a larger tip."

What a bunch of cunts then. I hope tipping culture gets eliminated so these whiny babies get even more shittershattered.

When I get unsweet tea. I ask for lemon with it

>hot water with lemon
>get a carafe of hot water and a plate of lemon wedges
>free

truly devilsih

>order water with lemon
>get some sugar packets.
>make lemonade at the table

kek yes you are.

Shit taste.

I tip men much more than women. Women get 15% rounded down to the nearest dollar unless the service is exceptional. Men get 20% unless the service was exceptionally bad.

Triggered.

Yes, they don't deserve the money they make at all

T. Back of the house aka the reason why people are even tipping you lazy cunts

This right here dishwashers and the other guys really keep the restaurant moving. Servers can be so freaking terrible. So can cooks

that's why i never got the whole tipping based on bill thing. is a $15 on a $185 bill supposed to be worse than a $10 tip on a $50 bill? i'd much rather get the $15 for a bit more work than worry about percentages.

What an insufferable bitch, maybe she should try working a real shit job where you get paid peanuts and don't get $200 a night automatically just because you're a pretty girl.

Uhhmmmm no sweetie they ordered 4 plates of food as opposed to 2 which means I need $45 at least. I only made $300 last night and I need more money to pay for my women's studies degree.

Making sure the fucking seeds don't drop in my glass sure is a bitch, but hey free lemonade we fucking beat the system #l1f3h4ck3d

Cancer

>It makes my teeth feel like they haven't brushed them for the past 10 days. Its disgusting.
What kind of shit lemon are you using for this to happen? The bitter taste of citric acid and the cool refresh from water is fucking awesome.

Thiiiiiiiiiis is why I never tip ;) (also I'm Jewish) sooooo •0• fuck u table slave shieeeet if I'm feeling real cheeky I'll tip a single penny

Because the server tips out the busser, bartender, and hostess based on their sales. If you tip 20% only 15% actually goes to the server. If you tip 10% the server only makes 5%. If you don't tip the server loses money.

you forgot to say sweetie

>went to lunch with 10/10 classmate
>she asks for water with lemon and cucumber

>lemon and cucumber
that is truly living on the edge

user, I've worked in health care for five years now and am currently in nursing school. I've changed literally thousands of shitty adult diapers, I've cleaned piles of vomit, I've dressed wounds, I've emptied catheters and colostomy bags. I've been screamed at, hit, spit on and scratched and all kinds of other shit. I see people die weekly. I deal with all this usually without receiving a "thank you." All that may sound horrible, but let me tell you I want to keep helping people in that way for the foreseeable future because I love it, but there is no way in a million fucking years you could get me to work as a server. Fuck that shit.

retard

Serving doesn’t seem too hard unless you’re at a high end place. Most servers I get are marginally competent

Is that really it? It's really petty.

I do drink like a gallon of water whenever I go out to eat though. I would guess that's probably more annoying.

so... pickle juice? i'd be cautious, the cute ones are always the craziest

Like and subscribe to my blog.

Fucking easy mode pleb servers.

The college sows don't know what bad customers are.

Buckle up, Veeky Forums. It's a long ride.

>Be me, 16, working at mom and pop place.
>Actually good working climate for a while.
>One of the managers died. The remaining two fight all the time. They don't pay attention to their business and only hire kids in high school/junior high.
>They wonder why their business is failing.
>But that's not what this story is about.
>It's late at night, about closing time, and I'm doing cleaning and stocking.
>All of my tables are empty, but a few remain in other sections.
>One of these tables is housing three morbidly obese "individuals". I assumed they were grandparents and a child.
>The grandparents are probably 400lbs and over. I think one of them might have a rascal. They're essentially the trailer trash stereotypes. The female has chin-length, greasy brown hair that's balding at the center of her head, coupled with thick eye glasses. She's wearing rags. Her husband is the frosty white-haired blubber ball with a striped shirt and cheeks that make him look like a bulldog with Cushing's disease.
>But they don't have diseases. They have food in their stomachs.
>The little girl was doomed before she came out of the womb.
>Her face is actually cute, bless her, because her genetic pool was probably the worst I've seen in a long time. But she was fat. She spoke like a 6 year old but weighed probably as much as a 12 year old.
>They've all eaten dinners with salad bars. And the child is full. No surprises there.
>She is so full that she's doing the thing where you lean back and exhale deeply because you've eaten too much.
>She looks like she is in PAIN. Her sweater is stretched around her stomach massively. Her mid section looks like it belongs on a 30-year-old beer drinker.
>She's literally puffing up her cheeks and exhaling through pursed lips.
>I want to remind you all that she was, in reality, probably no older than 8 years of age.

1/?

Water with lemon no ice. With a separate cup of ice.

But even if the cook is a huge count they're at least adding value by being the reason why people are even showing up and paying to eat.

pls continue

>The grandparents ask if she would like dessert. An obligatory question grandparents ask, although it shouldn't have even been a thought at this point.
>The child expresses her discomfort. She says she can't eat anymore and furrows her brow.
>The grandparents ask the follow up 'are you sure'? ...Again, acceptable if your grandchild doesn't weigh as much as a construction worker.
>The child then expresses her discomfort again. She says, word for word, that 'she can't fit anymore' in her stomach.
>She's tilting her head down to look at her stomach and she can't because of her neck fat.

This is usually where the ride ends. Someone will say 'alright, don't get it if you don't want it', pay the bill, leave a couple bucks and go home.

But the ride didn't stop.

We're going to stop calling these people grandparents, because they don't deserve that right.

>Fatty 1 and Fatty 2 start becoming frustrated that she does not want to eat more.
>They order a piece of chocolate meringue pie.
>They do not eat it. They instead set it in front of the girl.
>The Flub Chubs demand that she eats the piece of pie.
>The child is near tears. She is shaking her head and sobbing that she can't fit anymore in her stomach. She is miserable and physically in pain.
>She's holding and pressing her stomach. I can't tell if it's to help it stop hurting or to make herself throw up.
>They're getting angrier with her.
>But they're not getting louder. No one is looking, no attention has been drawn, the only reason I even notice them is because I just happened to look over.
>Also they're fucking cows.
>The child picks up the fork and starts poking at the pie.
>The female Chumba Wumba puts her hand on the girl's arm and demands she eat the pie.
>The child groans, her face is scrunched in pain as she starts nibbling at the pie.
>The Fatty Patty Two-by-Fours that Couldn't Fit Through the Kitchen Doors are not happy that she is just nibbling.
>They want her to gobble and assimilate.

2/?

I love the way you tell a story. You should be an author
Keep going

This better not end up being a “open the door get on the floor everybody walk the dinosaur” bullshit

The fact that any server would actually complain that I order a simple water with lemon when I want one makes me feel better about never tipping ever. You have to actually think about the things you bitch about if you want to be taken seriously.

This better fucking end with someone calling CPS

>Because the server tips out the busser, bartender, and hostess

I've never worked anywhere, or known someone who worked anywhere, that this happened. I am pretty sure that NOT tipping out the rest of the staff is normal.

>"Hey we need more lemon wedges up front, Chris!"
>"Okay!"
>Kitchen degenerate grabs 100% dirty knife, places lemons on 100% dirty counter/board, chops and then puts them in 35% dirty container
>"Here's those lemons, Ashlynn"
>server grabs lemons with her 150% dirty hands and throw them into your water
>You smile and drink down your refreshing and healthy beverage

if you don't trust the lemons, why would you order anything else?

Serving at a high end spot isn't that much harder. The barrier for entry is higher, because nice clothes cost money. I think I spent something like $300 on clothes when I started working at The Melting Pot. You're expected to be a upstanding person in general. Or, at least, be able to act like you have some class for the few minutes you're in the dining area.

But aside from that, it's the same shit. Everyone snorting cocaine off the hoods of their cars after work, the girls all blowing their entire night's tips at a bar across the street or on clothes/body products. The persistent cloud of smoke hanging around the rear door outside. That 1 girl that always leave with no less than 2 take-out boxes of someone else's leftovers. The guy that always seems to disappear at closing without folding his share of silverware. Etc. Same shit, different mask.

>The child complies. Because she is a child and has no bearing over these monster Fifteen Chins and Countings. They are her only way out of what is now a terrible place.
>The onslaught continues.
>They tell her that most people don't get to eat this much. She should be grateful.
>They tell her that the pie cost $3, that's a lot of money, and she better eat it.
>I would guess they spent $50 on their food, alone.
>The child continues to eat the pie, miserable tears now beginning to roll down her red cheeks as the Semi-Truck Butt Fucks start picking up every crumb on their table and shoving it into to-go boxes.
>The child is now silently crying.

At this point... The show is over. This is abuse.

>I'm 16, and I've never seen this before. I lack the skills to know what to do, so I go looking for the managers.
>I look for like 5-10 minutes. No one is there. This is more common than you'd think.
>I go get the waitress of the table, who was a fair deal older than me, and tell her what's going on.
>Tell her to bring something to clean throw up with.
>We go out into the dining room, and I'm ready to show her this bullshit.
>But when we go out there... They're gone.
>They have taken EVERYTHING.
>Every. Last. Crumb.
>Except for one thing.

There was one thing left on that table. It wasn't a guy opening the door, and nobody walked the dinosaur. It wasn't even the Loch Ness monster wanting his tree fiddy.

>The only thing left on that table was a small dessert plate with the carcass of a chocolate meringue pie.
>It was left where the child had been sitting.

I've been stiffed, I've been yelled at because we've run out of potatoes, I've had to clean nacho cheese from the ceiling, I've even seen a line of drunk bar fly wieners pissing in the garden.

None of that matters. Nothing fucking compared to what happened that night. It was the cruelest thing I have ever seen done to a child.

I have more stories, but they're not that depressing.

This.

>order water
>comes with a straw
>take straw out, drink straight from glass
>gf: "omg, I've worked in a restaurant before and you really don't want to put your mouth on a glass like that"
>mfw

What the fuck difference does it make?

It's all about the illusion. Like these people who think their Quarter Pounders are sterile because they're in wax paper. There's just as much chance as someone wiping cold germs along the rim of your glass as there is that they sneezed into it. But, hey, civilization and all that. I guess you could even call it good manners to use the straw. I don't know.

I DO know that as a server, at least 30% of the glasses that went out had my fingers inside them at one point or another. Usually when picking them up. You can't wrap your hands around glasses when they're packed tight side by side. It's easier and faster (the important bit) to go from the top.

I don't really care if a servers finger touched the inside of my glass. You should see the dirty shit I do in my own kitchen cooking for myself.

Most other things are cooked. And sipping on contaminated water just seems more intimate than chewing and swallowing a bite of food

Lots of things aren't cooked though. Or the cook touches it after it's cooked. Or the server touches your plate. I can't see ever going out to eat if you're worried about this

Yeah, the finger thing doesn't bother me. I assume you fuckers wash your hands, and if my immune system is so shit that I get sick that easily then I deserve it.

>There was one thing left on that table. It wasn't a guy opening the door, and nobody walked the dinosaur. It wasn't even the Loch Ness monster wanting his tree fiddy.

I died

Waiters are the biggest waste of life faggots I've ever had to deal with.

Like I said, I like my water pure as fucking possible or not at all. Other things I'm flexible on

Pretty much statistically. Percentage of hero servers is single digit or even less. A lot of servers are OK but definitely the highest percentage of people who come in to work and never hide that they don't wanna be there. Just nut up and quit, nobody in back of house wants to deal with adult tantrums.

so you are an irrational person with a weird phobia or something. You can stop trying to explain it to the rest of us because we'd rather not be infected with your mental issues.

And? They are within their rights. I don't think they think you don't notice, I think they just know that you're not gonna do a god damn thing about it because you're a subservient bitch by trade.

it's probably because people who order water as their beverage are cheap

you fucking worthless slave. How dare you question a person's choice of beverage. Are those your personal sugar packets, or are you just a sniveling piece of shit complaining that someone wants to save 2$ all because you think you're going to score 18% of that 2$ which is a lot of money for you because you're fucking poor? I'm never tipping again because I read this.

Yeah heaven forbid people start to prefer clean water to drink

I'm not even a server and I don't think I've read anything more autistic than this.

>sugar packets

Idiots. Sugar never dissolves in ice water, you gotta use artificial sweetener packets or your ghetto lemonade stays sour and gritty.

Came to post this

water can never be %100 clean, jut like you can never get rid of the 100 million parasite living in and on your body

Jesus christ you're autistic

>everyone who isn't a germophobe is autistic

Indeed it is. Always sharpens me up and gets me ready for a bit of the old ultra violence

Found the people that make ghetto lemonaide instead of paying $1.25 for an actual beverage.

>found the impoverished tipcuck who is mad he's not getting 18% of $1.25

That's honestly cruel, I hope that girl is okay

Enough that when you faggots FINALLY get the 15 an hour you desire, but without tips, you bitch and moan that you're not paid enough.

Judging by who's raising her, she's never going to learn healthy eating habits. Eventually she'll join some sort of fat activist group like HAES, because obesity has become normalized for her thanks to her fat-ass family, and she's been taught to see people who don't eat themselves into an early grave as the enemy.

People are always making fun of fat activists, but it's really more sad than funny because a lot of them legitimately never stood a chance, just for different reasons then they think.

I'm not even a server. I just think it's hilarious how cheap people can be. How can you not be embarrassed by making ghetto lemonaide instead of paying $1.25 for some tea or something? I bet you get mad pussy after your date sees that display.

>How much money do you think servers make?

I made about $3k/month when I was serving. Tax free. Not counting the $2.13 an hour that I got as an actual paycheck.

being pregnant this is the only water that tastes good

this is true mostly i think in the south
im in FL and yeah i find this true but more and more its less

what if I just like drinking fucking water with fucking lemon in it? What if I, the man who is voluntarily entering your place of business that advertises food and beverage service, prefer to drink some motherfucking water with some motherfucking lemon in it?

Is there something wrong with water that has lemon in it?

Or are you just a worthless impoverished tipcuck who is mad that he will not get tipped 18% of the price of a 7-up?

Was it really tax free, user?

What was reported on your W-2?

My newest theory is that the preferred job of an SJW/LBGTQ+-*/Crazy Person is Server.

They feel the most entitled to their opinion,
they want extra hand outs,
they bitch when things go wrong,
but have no idea how to solve the problem.
>spoiler: (it involves getting rid of tipping in the USA.)

>restaurant has a self serve free jugs of tap water
>they're filled with coriander, lemon and strawberries
>feelsweirdman.jpg
It tasted alright

Waitstaff tend to be upset when a table just orders waters, gets a bunch of refills on bread baskets or other free items, and has a small order. They still spend an average amount of time checking in on them to see if they need anything, but by the time those customers leave, they make next to nothing on a tip because the bill was kept so low.

Compare that to a table that stays just as long, but each person orders two drinks, two dinners, an appetizer, and two desserts. Effectively the same amount of work for the server, and the same time input, but a far better payout in terms of tip money to take home that night.