Foods you were looking for to taste and dissapointed you

Man, this fruit looked so cute I was sure it would taste great, but god damn it was like eating an orange filled with muddy water.

Any kind of food you were eager to try because of media and completely dissapointed you?

what sort of star-shaped fruit is this?

Starfruit

Also, dragonfruit.
Looks gorgeous, taste like nothing.

so dragonfruit is star shaped?

This shit

You talking shit bout my cookie fruit?

Yes

thats a very round tomat

Crickets. I was expecting a great toasty nut flavor, but this tastes and feels like eating crunchy autumn leaves. And the fucking legs get stuck in your teeth.

The short crunchy persimmons aren't very good.
Get one of the tall kind and wait until it's almost too soft to pick up before eating.

i actually had one on monday
tasted fine, but some bits unpleasant to chew

Eating bugs is so gross, I can't get out of my head an image of a biology teacher eating an ant in a field trip and one of my dumbass classmates doing the same.

Why is it gross user?

Dragonfruit which is actually ripe tastes pretty good.

It's just kind of difficult to know if they're ripe until you've started eating it.

Mangosteen is the most overrated weeb fruit.

forgot pic to make senpai notice me

Almost all tropical fruit (in indonesia):
Star fruit - texture of the touch core of an apple, no taste
Salak (snakefruit) - pretty skin but no taste, also has stones like a mangosteen which stick to the flesh
Papaya - nice colour outside and in, but lack of flavour and textuere like a watermelon
Rambutan - just like a pretty lychee, probably my fav of these because they're lightly tart compared to the others which are just dilute sugar water

Durian was disappointing for me in a different way, but it was out of season ;_;

Fuck you salak is GOAT
Durian as well, you need to eat the sweet one, not just off the shelf ones.

Star fruit tastes like a mix of grape and pineapple.

Try dried papaya its great

Probs need to get them fresh rather than 12 months freeze-dried from a supermarket

>you wouldn't eat a download(1).jpg, would you?

I really love all the posts in these threads about how you just need the optimally measured and perfect ripeness.
Cause that way there's a literal 0% chance they'll dislike it!

I love star fruit. Try it with some salt.

I don't know man. It's pretty damn good.

lmao look at all this low class pleb unwordly faggots ITT.

Starfruits, dragon fruits, mangosteens, etc are AMAZING. It's just you've never had fresh, ripe ones because you are too poor to travel, and thus have to over pay for some shitty unripe fruit with chemicals sprayed all over them to keep them from rotting.

Mangosteen is one of the healthiest fruits on Earth, and possibly the most nutrition dense fruit with the most complex vitamin profile. I work in the entertainment business and celebrities eat almost exclusively asian fruits for their ability to delay aging.

Many eat papaya everyday, and get mangosteens imported regularly. The only high potency western fruits are berries, nothing else.

Fucking idiots.

Pretentious faggot

You're supposed to pull the legs and wings off before eating retard

Apples, oranges, and bananners are shit. The only time I eat bananas is in my daily organic hemp protein organic berry smoothie which has organic flax, organic black sesame seeds, organic sunflower lecithin and two shots of rice based probiotics.

Get on my level, niggers. It's for your own good.

see I've tried all these, and more, from roadside stalls in infdonesia and they were still shit

Tasted rambutan and dragonfruit in Thailand in December, and they are absolutely meh, kys.

Apples give you an incredibly pleasant sensation of scratching your gums, feels like you are a dog or a kid with teething. Granny Smith are the shit!

Salak is gorgeous fuck you

expected it taste like succulent shrimp

'cause it looks like it does.

>but god damn it was like eating an orange filled with muddy water.
huh.. it doesn't

Obvious bait, no way someone can not enjoy mangusteens. It’s a better mango. Without the fishy overtones that sometimes mango has, as far as I remember.

fucking sickly sweet dishwasher-tasting garbage

redbully please go

>Starfruit. Unpleasant texture, underwhelming taste.
>Pomelo. 40% rind and pith, 60% disappointment.
>Aronia. For something that's supposed to cure your cancer's AIDS and is worshiped by the quack cure industry as the dingleberries of Jesus H Christ himgoddamnself, they're basically bland blueberries.
>Coconut. A bitch to open, three bitches to clean and eat.
>Medlars. While not disgusting, they're nowhere near as good as I was led to believe by my dad and grandma's stories.
>Caviar. "Oh my god you're gonna love it, it's so rich and fancy!" Literally puked after tasting a teaspoon.
>Shark. If it weren't slightly sour, it'd be unremarkable.
>Oreos. So we finally get them, and they're just two regular-ass fucking cookies glued with buttery cream. I was told they literally make your dick spin like a ceiling fan.

sounds like you got bad ones, i remember them being crispy with a nice fresh sweet tangy flavour, but not too strong

tastes like nothing and reeks like semen.

i have no idea what this sad little tomato looking thing is but have you tried persimmons?

I have a massive permission tree in my front yard. All of the fruits on it are tiny and green. Im waiting for them to get their color, and its common knowledge theyre usually not good until after the first frost

don't pick it until it allows you to

I like starfruit. They are pretty and taste vaguely like strawberries.

Fun fact, starfruit are in the same order as Oxalis, a small plant resembling three or four leaf clover. Oxalis has tiny seed pods that are shaped like starfruit but they spread their seeds by exploding.

>overated weeb fruit
Japan does not have mangosteen you moron
It's from indonesia you uncultured swine

"oreos are good" is a meme
btw i disagree with you about caviar. i find it very enjoyable. try putting it on a slice of bread and butter.

Look at this pussy weeb having a meltdown.

>split papaya lengthwise
>take out seeds
>juice of 1 lime or lemon inside
>take spoon and eat

What a let down. Figured it would be sweeter, the 2 flavors conflicted with each other and the cocolate was hard contrasting the soft berry.

>half dozen
>$20

For me, it's passionfruit, papaya, and tomatoes.

I guess some of them havent got the memo

You got a bad papaya.

When they're ripe they should bruise when you poke them.

lmao, hominy is good but it's not shrimp.

Ya gotta put it in your chicken soup my dude, it's the only way.

You don't eat that fruit just as it is, you need to boil it first

> Pomelo. 40% rind and pith, 60% disappointment.
You got a bad Pomelo. I've only had good ones off the tree. They're usually really juicy and not as sweet as oranges. Kind of like a grapefruit without the bitter but with more volume.

You have to eat them when they almost runny.

Personally I like carambola but it's not really a huge standout or anything, it's pretty mild.

Ameripussie's hate anything that dosent taste like a litre of corn syrup

it's chemistry user starches turn to sugar. sugar tastes good things tgat make up flavor oxidate and decompose. stick to eating shelf stable Twinkies then.

or look at them harshly.

SHARRIES BERRIES DUDE

>but god damn it was like eating an orange filled with muddy water.
I think they just taste like tart grapes.

You need to get the purple dragonfruit if you want more flavor. I like the white ones if they're cold, they're refreshing when the weather is hot, but they have less flavor. The purple ones are sweeter and with more flavor.

Sharis....BERRIES!

Fresh pomelos are amazing, but old ones are really shitty like an orange that's been in your refrigerator for too long.

>a permission tree
So what kind of fruits does it permit you?

Look at this retard having no reading comprehension

No it isn't. It grows on a cati, where Star Fruit grows on a tree.

T. Hawai'i

>the fruit looks so cute
You don't eat stuffs because it's cute user

You've got shitty papaya, yhe ripe one should be sweet. Add dash of lemon juice and it will taste great
You've got wrong type of salak, the good one has the flesh separate from stone. Also it should be fragrant and sweet.
Unlesz your mouth is conditioned to american candy taste these fruits should be tasty.

Agreed about dragonfruit. They just reminded me of a much less flavorful kiwi.

Persimmon cookies are GOAT

Fuck you, starfruit is great.

They didn't have the venison sandwich when I got to the closest Arby's I know, so that was a major disappointment.

I got this, and a free roast beef sandwich (the speaker lady felt bad for me, so she gave me a freebie).

I pretty much expected what the roast beef would taste like, but the deep fried cajun turkey was NOT spicy. When I hear "Cajun", I think "spicy", and this was another disappointment. Not as bad as the first, but still.

Maybe you ate an unripe one.
Here, ripe starfruits have an orange, almost reddish color.

Starfruit in my opinion tastes good. Tastes like apple but with different texture. nice.

Dragonfruit really disappointed me though. Imagine a kiwi which tastes sour-sweet, but remove the sour part - thats dragonfruit. One slice tastes nice, two slices is too much. Plus it stains like a motherfucker and super slippery.

There are different varieties. Some are pale yellow when ripe, other nearly orange.

The hell sort of dragonfruit have you guys been eating? It's always been mildly citrus, custard textured, for me.

The red/purple variety tastes good and refreshing. Eat a whole fruit and you'll be peeing red urine the next day.

custard? dragonfruit is different from durian.

Again, what are you talking about? Are you eating severely under-ripe fruit?

Literal peasant food.

Dr Pepper

Tastes nothing like pepper. What is it even supposed to taste like? Syrup?

Fuck. That pic's awesome.