Who are your favorite nihilist writers, Veeky Forums?

Who are your favorite nihilist writers, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/skepticism-moral/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

JK rolling

>calling Nietzsche and Voltaire nihilists

>favourite
>nihilist
They should all be shot, they shouldn't mind

none of them are nihilist

>camus is nihilist

yes

>revolting against absurdity is nihilistic

You've never even touched Camus's books have you?

no inherent meaning in existence = nihilism

You don't actually think Camus was a nihilist do you user? He wasn't a nihilist, he was terrified of it. So much so that he wrote tripe like Sisyphus to try and apologize his way out of it.

No escape, he got trapped

>what is existentialism

A load of horseshit invented by obnoxious frog faggots

>I'm an existentialist, not that my parents understand...

I never claimed to be an existentialist. But at least I understand the difference between nihilism and existentialism.

What's the difference
>there's no meaning in anything but my life has meaning because I perceive things from MY perspective

>there's no meaning in anything
Nihilism

>my life has meaning because I perceive things from MY perspective
Existentialism

It's still based on the axiom of no inherent meaning if that is really the case

Yes, but that doesn't make them the same, nor does it mean that people have derived similar conclusions from it.

Sam Hyde's ability to turn himself into different people using clothes and his hair is incredible.

Whatever. The point is, the French are obnoxious faggots and Camus is a fucking poser. Fuck Sartre and fuck French people.

>I get butthurt by being challenged intellectually

Nietzsche because all his writing amounts to nothing.

>challenged
No, I tire of debating with a clearly RETARDED opponent such as yourself. If existentialism is based on the axiom of nihilism, it's merely an extension of it and not in opposition to it at all

Nietzsche was a nihilist. When he uses the word himself he does not mean moral nihilism. He uses the term in a very idiosyncratic way that has a meaning closer to life denying. Nietzsche's whole philosophy is based on the idea of a morally non-existent universe that leaves us free to make works of art out of our lives. Moral nihilism is the starting point of his whole philosophy. Absolutely nothing he says makes sense if moral realism is true.

Nihilism is the foundation of his philosophy. If you remove nihilism you lose the Absurd because the Absurd is the relation of ourselves to a nihilistic universe. His philosophy was a means of living within a nihilistic world, not a repudiation of nihilism. Camus is a moral nihilist.

That is a terrible definition of both nihilism and existentialism. Moral nihilism is the belief that there are no moral truths not there is no meaning in anything. Existentialism as you have defined it would preclude major existentialists from being called such.

>Kierkegaard
>French
Good one mate.

A loose grouping of philosophers, some of which are nihilists some of which are not.

No it isn't. You are taking a subset of existential thinkers and taking them to represent the whole. Not all existentialism is nihilistic existentialism.

The chain was clearly about French existentialism, pseud.

The author of my diary desu

No, that person merely pointed out that existentialism exists as an attempted rebuttal to you. There is zero implication that he is only referring to French existentialism so you assumed there was. You got called out on your assumption that you shouldn't have made.

No that's existentialism, you clearly haven't studied Philosophy at all.

I don't think anyone has rejected nihilism as explicitly as Camus did.

Camus's brand of autism is a subset of nihilism which relies on the truthfulness of nihilism

>Who is Kierkegaard
>Who is Shestov
>Who is Marcel
>Who is Buber
>I only know of the atheist existentialists

>you clearly haven't studied Philosophy at all
You clearly haven't studied Philosophy at all.
plato.stanford.edu/entries/skepticism-moral/