I just accepted a scholarship to do a Masters of English Literature

I just accepted a scholarship to do a Masters of English Literature.

Has anybody here done one? What can I expect?

Bump

>Has anybody here done one?
I wish...

Lucky guy

Poo

Ye

Study

My

>what can i expect

becoming a barista or a highschool teacher

>tfw living in a country where upper secondary school teachers make a lot of money

nice try, scum

Expect some first year science students telling you to enjoy working at starbucks

yeah. becoming a highschool teacher sounds like a good idea. you go for it. im sure it will make you happy

ZING
Helen is my bae. She's written several amazing pieces

How did you get the scholarship? I'm terrified because I'll be done with my Bachelor's in a year and have no coins for a master.

They're 16-20, faggot.

>teaching subjects you care about
>8 weeks paid vacation a year
>9 hours of teaching each week, rest is homework
>37 hour work week
>well-paid

I'll survive, m8. Enjoy being a NEET

An MA is basically worthless and unlike a PhD, you have to pay for it. What do you want to do? Teach high school?

You know what you do not sound like?

A veteran teacher. A grim teacher that has been subjected to decades of bullshit from the government and parents and your 16-20 year old angels. One that has never been laid off because of government funding. One that has not been told that their credentials are no longer sufficient and must complete 60 credits in three years. Someone who's principal cheerfully throws under the buss when her numbers are down, and who takes credit for when her numbers are up.

You are a child, and will learn.

>One that has never been laid off because of government funding

lol, this won't happen

I only have a BA in English and I make 1000 per week.

One of my buddies got into a Master's program where the school's covering expenses.

>What can I expect?

Annoying levels of Derridaean deconstruction and in general postmodernistic literary criticism.

When you're done you're going to be an exceptionally nihilistic but bourgeois liberal who thinks the meaning of life is cocktail parties.

This.

You'll have a few pieces published in minor publications and spend all of your time drinking and reading.

It's actually pretty based.

A lot of reading and writing, possibly teaching undergrads. It's not that bad, in all honesty.

>Getting MA in Liberal Studies area

Veeky Forums doesnt read
so no, no one has done it

>got a scholarship
>i still can't afford college
i don't even care enough about anything to major in it so no loss i guess

>tfw the least literary thing you can do is major in literature
this world is fucking terrible

wot

Do internships.
Loads of internships.
Anywhere.
Design menu's, edit school newspapers, start a blog about ass on campus...
ANYTHING.
Paid, unpaid... it matters not...
Because god knows there's no place in the labor market for you just because you wrote a fancy little essay about Moby Dick.

Either that or become a teacher.

What world do you live in

Having a masters will definitely help you in a job market