Foods that scared you as a kid

Foods that scared you as a kid.

Wow your a dip shit.

>The old ad campaign where kids would eat these and their heads would turn into fruit
>5 year old me thought that it would actually happen

Issues !

What the fuck even is this

>filename

Oops, sorry for being dumb. I've never seen it before. Is it pistachios and ice cream/whipped cream? I can't picture it tasting good

WTF is that?

Pistachio pudding and cream cheese

scariest shit ive had on my plate

As I kid I used to get plain cheese pizza every time
I want to go back and slap that little fucker in the face for having shit taste

I used to be a little fagwad that would request well done when it was steak night.
One time when I was 12 my mom made my steak medium rare and forced me to try a bite and I never went back.

toss 'em with some olive oil, black pepper, salt, paprika, and then throw them in the oven at 350 for until they're outer leaves are browning.

Uma delicia.

I'm not sure how I would have felt about sushi as a kid. My family would have forbidden me from eating it, I know that. I never saw it in person until I was 19.

but they are basically candy?

Chicken thighs. I used to carefully dissect them to avoid eating anything but the white meat. Now, I eat all of it except the bones and cartilage. Next chicken part on my list of future meals is the hearts, preferably grilled on skewers because it looks so good.

I went about 20 years without eating cheese pizza, but now, I often eat well-done 5-cheese pizza because it's $1 cheaper than supreme and the cheese blend is almost perfect imo.

Yeah I like them now but we had a roach problem growing up and they spooked me.

>5 cheese pizza
I fucking hate cheese and had the bright idea to get a 5 cheese pizza at some italian place. Worst mistake of my life. I don't know what I was expecting.

I liked dates for their resemblance to cockroaches

>forbidden from eating sushi
Some kinda weird religion thing?

I once opened one of those sealed "single serving" pouches of dates that are meant for lunches and snacks and began eating them. It wasn't until I was close to done that I noticed something strange on one of them.
It was a dead, syrup-soaked moth.
Upon closer inspection, the pouch had quite a few dead moths and larvae in it. And since it was one of those opaque foil-lined pouches, you'd never know about them until you started eating the dates.

I tossed the dates and haven't eaten one since. The fact that the pouch was still factory sealed disturbed me too much.

Well it's raw fish so it's not hard to see how an uninformed, overprotective parent could take issue with it.

Not sure is clams or macadamias

Butter gave me food poisoning twice. 5 yo me reasoned it was evil.

American "food" still scares me as an adult.

Scallops

The quadruple bypass burger and that whole shenanigan, absolutely morbid.

calling yourself an adult is a stretch

>kosher salt
the ironing

Chicken hearts are so good. Do yourself and try them fire-roasted on a skewer.

>sushi is dangerous

>Raw fish isn't to be eaten cautiously

No u

What the fuck, are the hunchback of notre dame or something?

Grandma would bring over Ambrosia for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Probably the most disgusting thing I had ever seen as a child, but the adults ate the shit out of it.

Rare meats, i would always want my meat nuked to fuck because of a book i read about microbes when i was probably too young for that kind of "heavy" stuff, an entire secret world of microbes that are too small too see, constantly plotting to get in your body and make you sick or kill you. It was pretty terrifying to learn as a kid, But now I cant touch steak if its any more done than medium rare.

>5 year old me thought that it would actually happen
That's something you think at 3, not 5..

Woah there cowboi! I'm a hunchback and I resent that implied racism.

Raw fish is to be prepared cautiously, that's why you fucking pay someone else to do it. By either purchasing sushi grade meat or just bing prepared sushi, you're removing your own need to be cautious.

Yes.

my mom got really shitty steak to make for us, so half of it was inedible chewy fatty mass. So, I started ordering well-done at restaurants, not realizing it wasn't just the amount of time it cooked, it was the quality of the steak itself

I never had a serious food poisoning as a child so I didnt get any weird traumas some people have, like people who got salmonella once and are now irrational about chicken and eggs.
I just hated cakes because they always seemed too wet and give me a stomach ache.
Why did all my relatives make shitty cakes at parties?