Why is healthcare utter shit? Is it a conspiracy? Are there any good books on this subject...

Why is healthcare utter shit? Is it a conspiracy? Are there any good books on this subject? I only have a Swedish book called Forskningsfusket. (literal translation "the research cheating") And if you don't think healthcare is shit you never had any serious health problems.

Attached: trust-doctor.jpg (400x400, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/White-Coat-Black-Hat-Adventures/dp/0807061425/
youtube.com/watch?v=GSQwS1Hf0yE
estore.aynrand.org/p/90/introduction-to-logic-mp3-download
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> serious health problems.

Pretty much by definition difficult to treat with limited options.

If you didn't make that caveat you'd be forced to admit that huge strides have been made in turning many serious health problems of the past in to quick fix non-events. In some cases eradicating them.

When I was was starting to have serious health problems a little over a year ago at age 32 I was blown away what a total joke healthcare is. It was a major red pill.

Here's a book that's mentioned in the Swedish book:
amazon.com/White-Coat-Black-Hat-Adventures/dp/0807061425/
And here's a video:
youtube.com/watch?v=GSQwS1Hf0yE

Because they were serious problems. No one had good answers, there wasn't a clear pathway for treatment.

That's what makes it serious.

It's like rolling your totalled car in to a mechanic, then wondering why everything takes so long, costs so much, and no one can give you a straight answer. Then finally when you get it back you get angry it doesn't work like it used to.

No, dumbass, stop making assumptions when you don't know shit about my story. Cuck.

> if you don't think healthcare is shit you never had any serious health problems.

Well shit, why not apply that to yourself.

What? I'm saying that it's easy to be a 14-year-old on Veeky Forums who only ever had to get a few stitches and then say healthcare is great and anyone who thinks otherwise is retarded, I know from experience there are a lot of that kind on here.

But "serious health issues" are, quite literally by definition, hard to treat. Now why are they hard to treat? Well that's probably due to several facts, among them:
>Lack of knowledge about the cause (cf fibromyalgia)
>Lack of effective treatment options (cf HIV...kind of)
>Lack of funds and/or knowledge to address the above.

Forget what I said about serious, just say I have health problems. Healthcare is a total joke. Do you have any experience at all with healthcare beyond very minor things like getting a few stitches? I bet you don't.

>I bet you don't.
Then you'd be wrong. I've had some psychiatric problems. Also I've had friends and family with cancer, one in particular had spinal cancer secondary to breast cancer, she went into remission and has been for the past decade.

Also given the advances made in the past few years I find it hard to say that healthcare is a joke. Go back to even to within my grandmothers lifetime, and hospitals were more of a place people went to die than to get better.

That's also a non-argument, a circular argument, a logical fallacy, because as you said serious health problem by definition puts it beyond what healthcare can achieve, therefore forget I ever used that word, because that was obviously not the point of this thread. Plus there's more to it than that. I can't be bothered to explain in detail, but as I said, in my experience healthcare is a total joke. I've talked to many doctors. I still don't have ANY clue what is wrong with me, plus many doctors were assholes. For example one took it very personally when I asked if my problem was rare. She didn't even give me a straight answer, because she couldn't stand being in a light where she is not all-knowing. I just wanted to fucking get a straight answer if my problem is rare. I just have to assume it is rare.

But your idea of an immature argument is identical to your statement in the OP, but in reverse.

healthcare isn't great. We don't understand how to individualise therapy, how to target specific areas well, how to diagnose quickly and with certainty. Not to mention the efficacy of drugs used and the bureaucracy on which the system runs.
But it's the best it's ever been. The fact it still can't handle many problems is not a conspiracy of doctors hiding true healthcare from you. It's a matter of ongoing development.

>But your idea of an immature argument is identical to your statement in the OP, but in reverse.
No it's not, because my OP is a proposition to be debated, not an argument.
>But it's the best it's ever been. The fact it still can't handle many problems is not a conspiracy of doctors hiding true healthcare from you. It's a matter of ongoing development.
You're just pulling this out of your ass.

No, saying it's shit and that anyone who says otherwise is wrong because of your own assumptions is called an assertion.

It's a fact medicine is in ongoing development. It's a fact that we can treat more than we ever could before. You've got a far heavier burden to prove if you want to blame your dissatisfaction on a conspiracy.

You sound mentally ill.

>is called an assertion
All propositions/hypotheses are assertions. Debates generally begin with an assertion/proposition/claim. The debate is then about putting forth arguments for and against the assertion/proposition/claim. My main argument is my personal experience. You people's main argument is pulled out of your ass, regurgitated from someone who told you everything is fine. Reminds me of George Carlin's sketch where he says "Go back to sleep America, everything is fine", Bill Hicks said something similar in his sketches.

ad hominem

Not an attack, just an observation.

Still ad hominem and doesn't add shit to the discussion. Learn basic logic.

No. Propositions are when you tentatively take a position to go forward on, "let's say that grass is blue" for example. If you couch it in "grass is blue and everyone who disagrees with this is incorrect" you have made a bald assertion that has no justification, and also claimed that it can only be true.

That's not how you open a debate.

>Still ad hominem
An ad hominem is an attack and my observation is not an attack. You're not being very logical.

>and doesn't add shit to the discussion.
It adds my observation that you sound mentally ill.

>Learn basic logic.
Can you explain what exactly was logically fallacious about my post?

Proposition and assertion are synonyms. You're pulling shit out of your ass again. Disregard whatever emotional reaction you get from the OP's phrasing. Saying that anyone who doesn't think healthcare is shit never had any serious health problems is just another assertion/proposition. Still no one has produced any argument beyond "it's all fine and dandy with healthcare, because, uh, well, because I say so". At least I have personal experience, that's more than nothing at all, which is what you people have to back up your claims.

If you don't understand the concept of ad hominem you don't know one iota about logic.
estore.aynrand.org/p/90/introduction-to-logic-mp3-download

> Proposition and assertion are synonyms
Assertions are a subset of propositions, not the same.

You're arguing your point is true by merely asserting it. As the one making the claim, it's up to you to actually provide argument and evidence to back that up, no one else.

If I point to life expectancy rising, if I showed you how mortality rates and diagnostics for cancers and lethal illnesses had fallen and improved respectively, If explained how modern imaging techniques had developed. You know, the things by which we actually judge the development of medicine. I doubt you'd care.

So far all you've said is that your doctors were jerks to you, that you don't know why you're sick, and that this makes you wonder if it's a conspiracy.

jerks aren't evidence of a conspiracy, difficulty diagnosing isn't a conspiracy, what you need is to actually back up what you're saying.

Medicine is shit because it got co-opted by capitalism

the hippocratic oath doesn't mean shit.
its all about the bottom line.
and saving yourself from burnout.
i.e.
the doctor isn't going to nitpick every single goddamn thing unless he's your personal doctor, and he sees no one else.

There was also a guy that told me all good doctors in my country Sweden moved to Switzerland during the Olof Palme administration in the 80's or something, think he said because he raised the taxes.
I told you about my personal experience, and as I said I can't be bothered to elaborate all the details. It has been nothing but shit. Another example is a doctor who was very happy when he told me I could leave the hospital and behaved like it was good news for me, like that was a fucking reason to be happy when I knew nothing at all more about my condition than when I entered the hospital. They just took a bunch of random tests and then told me everything looked fine, then nothing was done further, just sent me home. And another thing is that here there seems to be no real alternative to the public healthcare, as all private clinics I've found have the option to have your government subsidies transferred over to them. In my opinion that means they're not private at all, just by name. I was discussing this with one guy and all he had as counterargument to that was "what you think and what is reality are two different things". It seems here the only true private clinics that exist are ones that deal with plastic surgery, and not even all in that field.
>difficulty diagnosing isn't a conspiracy
You're bringing nothing to back up that claim, it might be and it might not be.

healthcare and law under a capitalism framework automatically create excess meidcal and leegal functions where none are needed. hence usa has a massive problem with too many lawyers and too much medicine that we are now at draw down, the law and medical proffessions for the average person cause more harm than healing

difficulty diagnosing is a problem of capability.
that you don't understand why they couldn't diagnose provides no justification for the situation of it being a conspiracy being true. Accepting that it is a conspiracy in that case would be a simple argument from ignorance.

A lot of what you're saying doesn't follow. A guy told you anecdotally some doctors moved to Switzerland. You were told you could leave the hospital after they finished your tests, which indicated good health. You couldn't find a private clinic which you wanted to use because you're worried about government subsidies for some reason.

You want to get a second opinion and yet you're unwilling to because of additional government funding. If the diagnosis really bothers you, go to the private clinic. I'm not sure what you're expecting to be bad. Do you think they'll purposefully lie to you because the public clinic already gave you a result?

What makes you think I don't understand the concept? And you didn't respond to anything I said. What was logically fallacious?

>difficulty diagnosing is a problem of capability
Could still be a form of conspiracy.
>that you don't understand why they couldn't diagnose provides no justification for the situation of it being a conspiracy being true
It's a hypothesis.
>A guy told you anecdotally some doctors moved to Switzerland.
Yeah, it's anecdote, doesn't make it less interesting or relevant. And I told you he said ALL, not some, good doctors.
>I'm not sure what you're expecting to be bad. Do you think they'll purposefully lie to you because the public clinic already gave you a result?
I'm thinking it will suffer from the same problems as the "public" options. I'm worried about wasting money. And I'm interested in the whole thing from a non-personal point of view, politically, economically, philosophically. For example, is a clinic truly private if they accept patients with government funding? I used to have a job where half of my pay was given to my boss straight from the government, meaning he had me for half the cost. I see strong similarities. The official story is that this subsidy exists to decrease unemployment. I've thought about that job thing a lot. I'm not sure he even had much of a choice. Lots of small companies are probably forced in the competition to accept people with such subsidies. At the employment office website where they advertise jobs when I used to visit there, you saw all the time job adverts where the companies that were hiring said they welcomed job seekers who qualified for these subsidies. One aspect of it is that people with it compete against people without it and it's skewing the market, in effect creating unemployment. Hire a person who was unemployed for a year for half the cost of the one who was unemployed for a month.

continued:

Another aspect of it is with hiring such a person the boss has to make sure his company and the job fulfills a number of requirements. My point with all this is that public vs private isn't really black and white, it's more like a spectrum, and any fucking clinic can claim to be private, doesn't mean jack shit in reality.

Ad hominem is logically fallacious

It's not shit, proper healthcare just costs more than most people are willing to spend.

If you wanted to make it cheaper, you would need more doctors. The real problem is that the process of becoming a doctor sucks, because it is a lot of time and effort. Therefore, if doctors made more, there would be more of them, and healthcare would become cheaper and more accessible. But people often take their health for granted and don't want to spend the money, so doctors' wages are lower than they could be, so, for many people it is not worth becoming a doctor. So you get fewer doctors and worse healthcare.

Attached: 1426397487338.gif (245x600, 1.96M)

Pretty much this. Spot on m8 +1

Mmm no, an ad hominem argument is fallacious. An attack is not fallacious by itself.

>doctors should make.more
Doctors should make less and it should take less time to.become one
Forcing future doctors through a traditional undergrad is a waste

So we still arent at star trek levels if diagnosis where the doc just has to run a machine over you and get a diagnosis.
Consider that everyone has a unique way of carrying their biology and "expresses" their biology.
Which means things might not present themselves so readily in some patients.
Tests are based off of levels of certain things.

Also consider that some maladies like chronic kidney disease dont really present with noticeable symptoms until its really bad.

The doctors do their best with the time they have and the information given. While trying not ti get too emotionally unvolved with diagnosis.

As I said, then it adds nothing to the discussion, and then it's off-topic and you should fuck off the thread.

As I said, it adds the observation that you sound mentally ill. Or it could just be that you are intellectually immature, which would explain other things like why you got angry over what the doctor said to you, made this thread, and linked to an Objectivist site. Yes the picture is indeed becoming clearer.

Dumbass, all of those things are ad hominem arguments. Again, go learn basic fucking logic, you haven't read even five pages about logic in your life.

OK so since you are such an expert on logic, show me the premises and conclusions of these arguments and where the conclusion does not follow from the premises.

Your argument is that because I might be this and that anything I said would be caused by that. That's ad hominem. Look at the proposition instead of the person putting forward the proposition. It might help to think that instead of saying what I did in the OP, I said I found that statement on a random website, I myself didn't make it, or a friend of mine made the statement, I just copy and pasted it into this thread. If at any point I as a person is entering into your reasoning that's ad hominem. I as a person have fuckall to do with it. If there is a proposition that can be grammatically and logically made sense of, then there is a proposition that can be argued for or against, and again, me as a person has fuckall to do with it. Literally first page of any fucking logic text, shows you know jackshit about logic. I just linked you to an mp3 course.

>Your argument is that because I might be this and that anything I said would be caused by that.
No I said it would explain it. There's a difference between something being an explanation and something being the explanation.

>Look at the proposition instead of the person putting forward the proposition.
I did not conclude anything about the truth of your proposition, so that's a non sequitur.

> If at any point I as a person is entering into your reasoning that's ad hominem.
So what? What matters is whether it's fallacious. You claim to have basic knowledge of logic yet you don't even know what a fallacy is.

Fucking retard troll. Just fuck off my thread.

>Ad hominem!

Attached: 001.jpg (600x467, 48K)

Oh dear.

It's not ad hominem. Your just wasting space, contributing nothing at all to the discussion. Hence, fuck off.

>It's not ad hominem.
>Fucking retard troll
>If at any point I as a person is entering into your reasoning that's ad hominem.

Attached: 1518045540769.jpg (221x250, 5K)

A good example for that last one would be Alzheimer's. Notoriously low rate of success for drugs and most pharmaceutical companies have pulled out if even trying so there is no funding.

mental illness can be a serious medical problem if it's something like untreated vascular dementia. If we're talking about personal experiences as if they hold any weight, I'm a healthcare professional in mental health and going straight to conspiracy theories as the first suggestion in the OP sounds like ideas of reference. Assuming you must be special, that your problem is serious and special, that doctors just need to be all-knowing and that's why you can't get the answer you want...
All sounds like ideas of reference. Mental illness is not necessarily an insult.

>no less interesting
Interesting has not much bearing here to someone who isn't looking for entertainment.
>or relevant
To the possibility that healthcare is shit because it's a conspiracy? The user you were arguing with referenced life expectancies, cancer mortality, and imaging studies and said he doubts you'd care. He was right because you wave that away and look instead at something a guy once told you, something a doctor once said, and how much of a jerk you thought another doctor was.

You are turning a blind eye to objectively measurable data of substantial sample size across a long time period in favor of what some chode told you once and how you shouldn't be happy that you got to leave a hospital before you got MRSA from an extended impatient stay.

You seem to have trouble in using logic and statistics to shape your worldview. That or you outright refuse to do so.

Telling someone who hasn't produced anything but ad hominem to fuck off isn't ad hominem no, it's just telling a troll to fuck off.
Fucking dumbasses. My health problem wasn't psychosis, and it wasn't about one doctor being an asshole. I've talked to many doctors and they don't know anything about what my problem is. I've had multiple episodes of blindness on one eye. That one doctor at the hospital was happy and behaved like he was giving me good news, I think he even said it was good news. They just tested my heart rate and some other bullshit, then tell me it's good news that I can go home. Ok so going to the hospital for blindness, having your heartrate tested and then being told GOOD FUCKING NEWS you can go home, even though you have no info whatsoever what's causing the episodes of blindness, that seems fucked up to me. You're fucking retards on this board. Every doctor and everyone else I've been to has been extremely unprofessional, the entire system is a joke.

>Why is healthcare utter shit?

Attached: who_could_it_be.gif (452x523, 4K)

I've not had problems with unprofessional doctors (might be time to change outfits), but it does seem 99.9% of the time I go to the doctor, there's nothing they can do.

It seems medical science has a few amazing procedures and some effective preventatives, but if it doesn't fall into one of those narrow categories, you're kinda fucked.

>Arthritis? We can give you a steroid shot that'll rapidly lose effectiveness, but that's about it.
>Common cold? No, still no cure for that.
>Baldness? Well, we got some quasi-effective pills, but if your hairline's receding, yer fucked.
>Erectile dysfunction? We got Viagra!

I mean, yes, there's been some impressive medical advancements over the years, but the fact that we still can't fix most of the simplest and oldest complaints of mankind suggests we really still have no idea what we're doing from the broader point of view and have just learned a few dazzling tricks with the narrow methodologies we do have. I'd say we need an all new approach, but there's plenty of quacks out there advertising just that, and well, they tend to be con-men, which makes us skeptical of the few honest ones who may or may not be out there.

Not saying ya shouldn't see your doctor - ya might get lucky and come down with something they can actually fix - but as you get older, it does get rather infuriating.

because healthy people are not profitable

They are when you have public health care - then sick people are costly - the way it fucking should be. (Same with folks in jail - no one should profit from that.)

Granted, even in the US, you see these huge preventative health care and maintenance campaigns, often funded by insurance companies, so either the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, or people are just shit at conspiracies.

In public healthcare you instead get what I just described, you come in for blindness, get your heart rate tested, doctor smiles and says good news everything is fine you can go home. Because actually finding out what's wrong with you is costly.

>reiterate other anons point about many objectively measurable points of reference that show healthcare is constantly improving
>"durr I hate the doctor he said I don't need to sit in a hospital bed in a building full of disease, that sucks!"
It sucks people can't figure out a physical cause for you somatic delusio- I mean, your rare physical illness. Inpatient treatment comes with its own risks and if you're otherwise medically stable then it's a waste of a hospital bed to have you sitting there bitching about how you hate doctors. If you don't need inpatient treatment, you're better off with outpatient treatment. It costs everyone less time and resources. So be sad they can't figure out your one specific problem, but be happy you're not malingering in a building designated to gather contagious disease. You say the healthcare system is a joke then act like you shouldn't be happy to be away from c.diff central.

But mental health jabs aside, you can have an unfavorable opinion of our healthcare system and not be retarded. Unfortunately for you, you happen to actually be retarded.

>you happen to actually be retarded.
good thing Einstein is here to help me then

I believe that you believe that Einstein is there in the room with you, but I don't see him myself.

I was talking about you, you think you're so fucking smart.

baldness is not really a problem, and the common cold is hard to treat for a pretty good reason

Actually I was called to my local health center as well as to an eye hospital, and was sent out to have tests taken of heart and blood vessels at another place. But as I said, everyone was very unprofessional and the whole system is a joke. You people are idiots with no experience of the healthcare system. Go back to sleep, automatons. It's ironic that right now as I'm typing this I'm having an episode of hearing loss and tinnitus in my right ear, which is one of the various problems I have.

>doesn't address my point about the risk vs benefit of inpatient stay for a problem the doctors can't solve
>doesn't address my point about the cost vs benefit of keeping a medically stable patient and clogging up beds for a problem the doctors can't solve
If you're not going to bother responding to the points I make, there's not much else to do but imply you're mentally ill if it ticks you off. And I'm not Einstein, he is dead and you need to take your zyprexa. Going off your meds is how you end up in places where we have to force it into you, and nobody wants that.

>blindness
>hearing loss
>and tinnitus too!
Man I was joking before about somatic delusions but

How many strokes have you had today? Have a few heart attacks too? I know you get those constant headaches and you swear your arms just aren't there sometimes. It's so strange those docs can't figure out what's wrong with you, even though they seemingly run specialized tests meant to single out every possible variable they can. One of those great mysteries I guess. That or the whole system is rigged, conspiracy and all that.

I did respond, I said I was called to my local health center and to an eye hospital, as distinguished from the general hospital where I was one night and then told they had good news. Maybe he knew I would be examined further outside the hospital and meant it was good news I could leave the hospital or good news that it didn't seem to be embolism. But it doesn't matter because as I said the whole system is a joke. The doctor at the health center shouldn't be a doctor. And I was sent to take tests only for blood vessels and heart, and then when there was nothing I just got a letter from the dumbass bitch at the health center saying everything was fine with the test results, if you have any questions feel free to contact us. Then nothing more from anyone. I even called the eye hospital and told them I had had more episodes of blindness. The idiots said I should call again if I had headaches too.

Fuck off idiot

I think it's not so much that healthcare is shit but that humans have a primordial flaw in communication in pretty much every industry.
As other anons have pointed out, capitalism certainly didn't help our woes through marketing and advertising of health and scientific services that are indeed too good to be true just so that the white coats can make bank.

At the end of the day, as health professionals, there should be more transparency and more communication and MORE TIME allocated to communication. General capitalistic marketing for serious healthcare should really be scrapped as this is more of a private matter with deeply affected clients, not an excuse to extol the virtues of medical professionals.

Likewise, sick patrons of healthcare services need to be more mindful and understand the limitations of modern healthcare more. Thanks to capitalistic mentality of our modern society, we need to make sure that the money given to health really reflects the care that can be given. No amount of money will cure an incurable disease or replace a lost chunk of brain, I'm afraid to say.

Would you have preferred to rot in an inpatient setting taking up beds on the unit? You could have licked the floors too or wandered into isolation rooms when people weren't looking.

>durr they just tested my blood vessels that wasn't anything WTF
Riddle me this, cumstain:
What do blood vessels carry to the eye?
What would happen to the eye if it stopped getting what those blood vessels carry?
What might be a sign that your eye isn't working anymore?

No, dumbass, I just told you I was sent for further testing. Never said I would have preferred to stay in a hospital. But as I said it was 2 or 3 tests, nothing in the results, then just contact us if you have any questions, nothing more. Fucking idiot.

Are you able to answer all three of my questions? Could you try to connect that to the purpose of testing related to your eye? I'd legitimately like you to answer those three questions for me in response to this post. Are you capable?

Dumbass, it's fine to test the heart and vessels, but it's not fine to stop there when you get good test results. I've had 12 episodes or something after those tests, so the eye is still bad. Just because my test results for heart and blood vessels were good doesn't mean everything is good and all testing can stop. If your car doesn't start, do you check if it has gas and then if it does have gas do you say the car is good to go? No, you keep looking for an answer. They stopped after the first thing. I didn't say there was anything wrong with testing my heart and blood vessels, you are the one that's totally fucking retarded for assuming that.

I notice you didn't answer my questions. It's not that I'm assuming you don't understand basic facts of the human body, it's more that I'd normally assume you do have at least a rudimentary level if knowledge. But the problem is that I can't really assume such a thing with you based on your posts.

fuck off dumbass troll

m8 I'm all you've got in this thread, nobody else gives a shit at this point.

If you've never tried taking anti-psychotics, you just might find some success with your symptoms. They also help you sleep, so there's that. Talking to a psychiatrist might be the breakthrough you need for these "problems" that persist.

idiot

What's the alternative, praying and eating rhino horns? I've never had an issue with it.

>me on the right
>your posts on the left
>you in the back

Attached: 1520553162734.gif (241x184, 1.52M)

... there is a two-word reason: profit motive.
Treating people effectively is not profitable,
and treating people profitably is not effective.
The profit motive is not going away any time soon,
so be content with the shit-tier healthcare you have,
because it's not going to get any better.

Obviously it's a conspiracy by those gay satanist flat earthers.

Because there is more money to be made in treating than in curing. You can get a one time payment to cure something, or you can get a lot more payments to treat.
Also, there is an artificially high demand for healthcare, at least in the US.
I guarantee at least 50% of health problems are self caused by either a poor diet or lack of exercise or both.
I go to a heart doctor for paroxysmal atrial tachycardia that just started one day when I was in high school, highest recorded heart beat I have is 286 while sedentary, every time I go in every person other than myself is obese or some old person that obviously didn't take care of them self and doesn't exercise. I guarantee every other "person's" ailment in that office is self inflicted.

>Why is healthcare utter shit? Is it a conspiracy?

It's all run for profit... and curing your condition or disease is less profitable than just perpetually treating it.

Go ask Veeky Forums for more information on the subject, if you can get them to stop talking about hodl.

Yeah best cure is eat well and rest for most minor health problems. Good for trauma, blood transfusions, surgery, things like insulin for diabetes and similar conditions but not much more. Health care is good but they give off the impression that they can fix everything, but a lot is just products. Its better than its ever been but pill pushing is not a step forward.

Please describe the experience of that level of heart rate.

I don't buy this angle

In a free market situation doctors would be competing for patients. You provide the best treatment, you get the most patients.

Sure there's more money to be made in treating than curing, but this goes for any industry. There's more money to be made in tutoring if the kid stays dumb and therefore needs continual tutoring, but at some point the parents are gonna look at the competition and see that other kids are getting better results with different tutors.

Ofcourse in a quasi monopoly situation like we have now there is hardly any free market efficiency to be found and you may well be right. But then the problem isn't the profit motive but the economical climate.

What precisely bothers you, OP? What do you mean by blindness?

The geographic patient pool is finite, whereas money goes on and onThe geographic patient pool is finite, whereas money goes on and on

Fuck me, apologies
The geographic patient pool is finite, whereas money goes on and on

this makes no sense.

OP is right. If you've ever gotten sick you would realize how horrible and incompetent doctors are.

>It sucks people can't figure out a physical cause for you somatic delusio- I mean, your rare physical illness.
This is the problem with medicine. Humans have this weird psychological predisposition to assume everyone is faking their illness until proven otherwise. Probably something to do with there being an evolutionary advantage to ostracizing sick individuals to prevent them from reproducing.

To you, think harder

>you never had any serious health problems.

The whole point of a 'serious' health problem is that it IS difficult to treat. It wouldn't be 'serious' otherwise and would fall into the mundane routine procedures which go on everyday taken for granted.

It would be interesting if OP would actually expand on why they think 'healthcare is shit' by putting forward a coherent argument backed by the appropriate data or study but judging from the crude way they handle framing their argument and lack of grammar they probably are incapable of doing so.

Attached: 1517733407458.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

This really is a thing. I think it's because most people are living a lie/ego/in their heads. So they engage in projection. Like a psychological edge on you.
Have had so many people deny that I'm ill and tell me that it's all in my head, when it's clear I am not in good health.

Something to do with science and experts

I'm the user from this thread . You wouldn't believe the amount of bullshit that I've had to put up with from these supposed experts. Everything from telling me I was making it up, to saying that I was just having a six month long migraine, to claiming I had a brain tumor that wasn't there. The best part is when they laugh at you for playing doctor when you call them out on their bullshit.

>implying the economic climate is not shaped by the corporate profit motive
>comparing medical treatment to tutoring
>muh free market efficiency

Support staff in a critical area here, also pursuing a science degree that is not related to medicine. Can confirm that the medical field is a complete clusterfuck, with problems at all levels of the system. This includes:
>Highly paid bureaucrats who justify their jobs by implementing brilliant ideas in departments which they have never stepped foot in nor have any experience with.
>Overpriced single use items, which could be replaced with supplies that are re-sterilizable
>Related, is more advanced procedures, which offer little benefit over older procedures (have read scholarly articles)
>Pampered and spoiled physicians who got into medical school because they had rich parents, who instill fear into the staff to the point that makes communication impossible (not condemning all doctors, but many have mental problems...just look at the suicide rates)
These are just a few of my observations; honestly I have gained a lot of perspective from my schooling, and I could write a book about this subject.

Also forgot to add, one reason prices are unreasonably high is the lack of medical schools. By so strictly limiting the number of people in medical school, physicians have created a monopoly. Based off what I have observed and heard from physicians, it seems to me that getting into medical school should be no harder than most post-grad programs to get into.

Yesterdays serious health issues that would kill you within a few years or less are today's day surgery or long term medication.
Skin cancer used to be a fatal diagnosis until we realized cutting it out was a good idea. Diabetes was fatal until we fed people crushed up pancreases. The survival rate for all diseases slowly climbs as medical technology gets better.

Attached: c4f8ac8e9a416ae2223a79afce6b9f24.png (773x495, 62K)