Order food at the counter

>order food at the counter
>pay with card machine
>machine asks for tip
>before I've even gotten my food

Why is this not illegal?

just stiff them my man
I doubt you'll surprise anyone

I would love to but if you don't tip at the counter you're basically cutting out the middle-man where it's normally "don't tip and next time you're there they'll spit in your food"

nobody fuckin' tips and nobody behind the desk cares

Why isn't it illegal for a restaurant to VOLUNTARILY ask you for a VOLUNTARY tip that you are not required to pay because it's VOLUNTARY?
The world may never know.

just don't tip, it's not like the servers have such a shitty wage that they need it. they don't even care themselves.
it's not like it's the customers responsibility to pay for the waiter's wage anyways

>Not tipping the machine.
It will remember this when the revolution happens.

You tip the jews everytime you pay with the card, isnt that enough?

>implying the iPad doesn't deserve a tip

Because Burgerfolk.

If you cant tip you should not be eating at fancy ass restaurants

The fancier the restaurant the lesser they expect a tip.

Why is it legal to tip after the meal? All tips should be given beforehand so I know who to give extra to and whos food I need to spit in. Why should I have to remember for next time?

Actually at sandwhich shops, when they ask me "wattayouhave?" That's when I say, oh this is for you and I tip them... best sandwhiches ever...

>tipping for a carry out meal

Do restaurants feel so entitled to extra money they feel you should pay an extra 15-20% even if you don't sit down?

Must suck to have to always worry about a few sheckles here and there...

>be eurofag
>NEVER even hear the word tipping
>literally thing of the past
>see amerifags always constantly complaining about this bullshit

Why don't America pay it's waiters properly? I just cannot fathom how anyone has the right to beg for any more money than what the meal itself costs.

This triggers me so fucking hard.

>don't tip
>they fuck with my food

>tip
>they don't bring my food out promptly and don't refill drinks

ive wondered how there can be spit in food when its the people in the back that cook the food and dont get tips anyway, and the only chance waiters have of spitting in your food is after its prepared, definitely making it difficult for the mixture to become homeogenous.

>Why don't America pay it's waiters properly? I just cannot fathom how anyone has the right to beg for any more money than what the meal itself costs.

If they paid their workers fairly, they would have to increase the prices on everything, and with higher prices, people buy less. So basically, they do it to hide some of the price of the meal from the customer, so they are comfortable with buying more.

Fast food places that do this make me reeeeee. The local subway has this. It makes me so uncomfortable I avoid it at all costs.

When people go to fast food places they're looming for something Fast, cheap, and easy. Not o some sit down restaurant.