>there will be an explosion in entrepreneurial activity on Mars
>...iron foundries, pizza joints, night clubs, (great) bars
>optimistic about the timeline: short up-down flights with BFR 1st half 2019
>still 150mt to orbit
>BFR will be less than 5-6 million dollars per fight

>the issue with AI experts is they think they know more than they do
>AI is vastly more capable than anyone knows
>rate of improvement is highly exponential
>single biggest existential crisis that we face is the relationship we have with super intelligent AI
>danger of AI is much greater than nuclear warheads
>AI development must be regulated; insane that there is no regulatory oversight

>likely to be another dark age (WWIII)
>need to ensure that there is enough of a "seed" somewhere else to bring civilization back to earth
>thus a self sustaining base on Mars
>unlikely that there will never be another world war

>AI should try to maximize freedom in humanity
>we didn't evolve to have a communication jack....
>so an interface to read/write to your brain is needed (high bandwidth)

>first government on mars: direct democracy
>no "representative" government
>laws will be short
>long laws are suspicious: cannot exceed word count of Lord of the Rings
>it should be easier to remove a law than create one: 60/40 to put in place laws/remove laws
>sunset clause on ALL laws perhaps

Attached: elob mork.png (970x1004, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-19/google-s-ai-boss-blasts-musk-s-scare-tactics-on-machine-takeover
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty much spot on with AI. Even though low IQ morons will call him crazy. The switch from retard AI to super-genius AI is not going to be a slow drawn out process over decades. It will be the blink of an eye.

Doesn't look like he believes a word that he says.

that's how he always looks/sounds when being interviewed

>direct democracy
>sunset clause / submajority dismissal of basic property rights
BFR's final name will be Handbasket.

For a colony in such a hostile environment to function, it would need dictatorial management initially like a ship at sea, probably with ultimate authority vested in an Earth government, with only gradual increase of economic and social freedom, and if it ever transitioned to a republican form of government, it would need a constitution representing founding values that the whim of the crowd couldn't easily cast aside or it would degenerate into idiotic mob rule. But he can't say that, it wouldn't be PC.

One might actually be able to believe these predictions if SpaceX wasn't one of the most dishonest companies in the history of private space travel. Seriously each launch following the Falcon family as they “revolutionize the launch industry” has been indistinguishable from the rest. Aside from the meme landings, the company’s only party trick has been to overwork and underpay its employees to reduce launch costs, all to make the mythical “full and rapid reuse” seem effective.

Perhaps the die was cast when Musk vetoed the idea of ambitious yet realistic missions like Red and Grey Dragon; he made sure the company would never be mistaken for an innovative force to anything or anybody, just ridiculously questionable government contracts for his companies. SpaceX might be profitable (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-NASA in its refusal of wonder, science and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the landings are cool though
"No!"
The camerawork is dreadful; the landings of the charred boosters are boring. As I watch, I noticed that every time a Falcon 9 lands, Musk said either “self-sustaining civilization on Mars” or “imagine if you had a 747 and you threw it away after one flight.”

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time one of those phrases was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Musk's mind is so governed by clichés that he has no other style of thinking. Later I read a poorly-written news story on SpaceX by some fat web blogger. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching these launches now, surely they will work for SpaceX in the future and they too can have paychecks based off of government handouts." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you are a SpaceX fan, you are, in fact, trained to be a mindless supporter of government-funded billionaires.

Attached: 73635573453.png (947x576, 855K)

Why do you spend your time doing this?

If the occupants are unintelligent such a dictator is required. Because you'd hope the intelligence of someone such chosen and capability would be high.

For a mars colony the quality of human would be so high as democracy would function amazingly. Just let all hard sciences and former military people live there.

Wow, I knew Musk was a retard, but I didn't know he was THAT retarded. Thanks for making the thread op, now I have a source I can point to when I say Musk is a nutter.

I see Musk is still talking out of his ass on "AI" issues.

and you somehow know more about it than someone who works alongside OpenAI researchers and is privy to the best nuggets of info on the topic?

>Pretty much spot on with AI

There's no such thing as, real "AI" yet. There will never be.

>For a mars colony the quality of human would be so high as democracy would function amazingly. Just let all hard sciences and former military people live there.
...because the quality of human is so high in the hard sciences and military that they organize all of their work by direct democracy, right?

Do you think prostitution will be allowed on Mars?

Would becoming a cute trap prostitute under indentured servitude be a viable method for paying for a Mars ticket?
(serious question..)

Attached: 1517875094453.png (599x832, 414K)

Musk is a retard and OpenAI is a joke.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-19/google-s-ai-boss-blasts-musk-s-scare-tactics-on-machine-takeover

Only if you've got 3 tits.

I'm sure there would be organizations within the society ran in authoritarian and company-like ways. The hybrid model of a free market full of authoritarian style entities within a less rigid structure works out pretty well.

>spicy

Attached: Spicy.gif (480x270, 2.11M)

>design is evolving rapidly
>being built

pick 1

People disagree on many things. Experts predicted the world would starve to death in the 60s and yet we have more people than ever without food shortages except due to logistics/intentional.

>first government on mars: direct democracy

oh my god what an autist hahahhaa

I hope so

Attached: astolfo trap.jpg (736x643, 56K)

there will be as much entrepreneural activity on mars as there is on greenland or antarctis, none.

also, may i laugh on some base of a few dozen people struggling for survival to re-start civilization for earth?

of course.
you can learn CS programming and
do prostitution as side job on mars.

Attached: traps are the best hackers .png (500x441, 107K)

Musk-kun would be pleased

Attached: Astolfo 16.jpg (707x1000, 61K)

Why would any guy want to do something like that? Dress like a cute girl and serve men? What a ridiculous idea, haha!

Attached: 1520619018971.jpg (700x1000, 111K)

AI really is sci-fi and will always be sci-fi.

Attached: Robot Endhiran.webm (480x270, 2.89M)

he really needs to get someone else to do the talking about stuff