Hi. 'Anyone here subscribe to either de Botton's School of Life, or Alex Kierkegaard's Orgy of the Will?

Hi. 'Anyone here subscribe to either de Botton's School of Life, or Alex Kierkegaard's Orgy of the Will?

I'm looking for closest *living* philosophy writer to Nietzsche and settled on these. If any of you have access to their paywall content could you say whether it's good enough value or not? Cheers.

Other urls found in this thread:

orgyofthewill.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't bother with orgy of the will, he misreads Nietzche to justify being an egotistical prick.

Every conclusion Alex draws is based around him being the ubermensch and the number one greatest person on the planet. He's an unhinged narcissist who has some nice sounding rhetoric that ultimately goes nowhere because the only consistent element is "I am better than everyone else so I can do what I want."

Botton on the other hand is nearly the opposite. He comes from this bizarre school of thought that embraces humanistic understanding and condemns the very concept of condemnation in a way. Botton is certainly well read in psychology and social theory, however at no point does he posit anything resembling philosophy outside of self help videos on how to deal with common human anxieties.

Essentially, Orgy is outright bad, Botton is good but not a philosopher.

brett stevens loves nietzsche

amerika.org

I also wouldn't give your financial information to Orgy/Icycalm/Kierkegard. He's wanted for financial fraud and has stolen from his customers before.

>I'm looking for closest *living* philosophy writer to Nietzsche
You're looking in the wrong place, OP. Modern academic philosophy has no room for people like Nietzsche.

Look in the rap community instead.

>Don't bother with orgy of the will, he misreads Nietzche to justify being an egotistical prick.
[citation needed]
>Every conclusion Alex draws is based around him being the ubermensch and the number one greatest person on the planet. He's an unhinged narcissist who has some nice sounding rhetoric that ultimately goes nowhere because the only consistent element is "I am better than everyone else so I can do what I want."
Not true. He has plenty of writing where he doesn't even mention himself, e.g. a lot of his writings on art.

>I also wouldn't give your financial information to Orgy/Icycalm/Kierkegard. He's wanted for financial fraud and has stolen from his customers before.
Are you being purposefully misleading? Everyone knows he did that in his youth, to his EBAY customers. As far as we know, he has never done so to the subscribers of his literature.

The two I mentioned are not academics, fucking rap moron. Instrumental hiphop > rap.

>

>Instrumental hiphop > rap
t. last man

>Instrumental hiphop > rap.
If you seriously think this, you're sheltered as fuck, desu.

Both are equally great. Get a grip, buddy boy.

>t. last man
Nope, the overman himself has said as much:
orgyofthewill.net/

(search for aphorism 751)

>the overman himself has said as much
But Lil B didn't write that.

Go away Alex, you do this every month

I'm not Alex, I just enjoy his free content and wondered if anyone can vouch for the paywall stuff.

has de Botton ever had sex with a woman?

Hes allowed to cradle his wife's lovers bollocks on special occasions

He's married and writes books about sex, so probably.

it's just that the way he talks about it makes me think he has never seen a vagina except on a screen

lel, why?

I read Icycalm's free shit and I felt ripped off.
Not that user, but reading his work feels like sitting for hours with a vanilla wafer in your mouth. At first it's very mildly pleasant, if a little bland. And then it's just bland.

why do i get so much joy from seeing people autistically wail and blindly defend people who don't and never will care about them

>paying for Icycalm's latest scam
loooool

Daily reminder

>Implying icycalm doesn't care about samefagging icycalm shills threads

You underestimate the Gr**kroach

>I [only] read Icycalm's free shit and I felt ripped off.
>reading his work feels like sitting for hours with a vanilla wafer in your mouth. At first it's very mildly pleasant, if a little bland. And then it's just bland.
On the contrary, I thought his elaboration of Baudrillard's "conspiracy of art", in the Genealogy, was amazing.

>why do i get so much joy from seeing people autistically wail and blindly defend people who don't and never will care about them
I'm calmly pointing out that no one is really discussing his work at all, just rudely dismissing it.

Again, the context is different from his ebay years. Back then he was selling crap to old people. Now he's writing within the mediums he cares about.

>t. Definitely not icycalm

Would it matter if I was him or not?

Is it impossible to think someone else on the planet could enjoy his work?

>I'm looking for closest *living* philosophy writer to Nietzsche

Jordan Peterson.

>On the contrary, I thought his elaboration of Baudrillard's "conspiracy of art", in the Genealogy, was amazing.
good for you

someone redpill me on his philosopher's sweater and the life house.

this was bound 2b shit thread

>2b

I just can't convince myself this guy is worth listening to. I just cant do it.