Is this book good for learning about the history of Christianity?

Is this book good for learning about the history of Christianity?

>a homosexual's interpretation of church history

>using identity politics

>not using identity politics
>2017

That's the reason to avoid these writers.

Don't post about books you haven't read idiot frogposter.

the catholic church gutte

the jewish cult christianity gutted the west of anything distinctively western

heh

history of god by karen armstrong is better

McCallough is a great guy so yeah

Begon LARPer

I've never read this book but, based purely on the title, I assume that it has a very high degree of bias.

Christology

>HOLY
>ROMAN
>EMPIRE

Stefan Molyneux can be a good source

does jesus die at the beginning or end, remind me?

I haven't read anything on this chart

That Crusades book on the left has a really aesthetic cover.

Oh, actually I have read Confessions and Tragedy of the Templars. Confessions isn't really Christian history, but you should still read it.

I read quite a few extracts for a history essay I worked on once, was quite informative and a relatively smooth read. I'm keen to read the full thing one day when I have a bit of spare time.

Not really. She pushes some really outdated views on early civilization and origins of Yahweh.

Was confessions worth it? I've been meaning to read Augustine.

It's pretty interesting. City of God is Augustine's true masterpiece though.

if u want to learn about the history of Christianity just read the bible fucking retard

Yes, one of the best you'll find. Highly recommended.

Justo Gonzales is your man m8. Or just go beast mose and hit Cambridge pic related.

sure thing varg

Where is Peter Brown?

Phonetypo fag here, but the Gonzalez I specifically meant was "The Story of Christianity" Vol. 1 and 2. Spoiler: he buys into the Reformation thesis hardcore (no surpise he's a methodist) but his texts are regularly used in grad courses and seminary because of how concise and conprehensive they are. But I know for a fact Harvard grad programs go straight to the 9 volume or whatever the fuck it is Cambridge History of Christianity which is like 2000 pages or some crazy shit like that.

>Stefan Molyneux

yeah if you have an IQ below 0