What's the most disappointing book you've ever read?

What's the most disappointing book you've ever read?

Gravity's Rainbow

Infinite Jest

Ulysses

This is going to be very specific: Ligotti's Agonizing Resurrection of Doctor Frankenstein.

After reading Ligotti's main collections, I went after the peripheral stuff. This was supposed to be Ligotti's take on traditional/popular horror tales, and I thought that that premise had great promise.

I was disappoint.

So I read this piece of shit in middle school. I can't remember which grade.

The book is around 300 pages long. The main plot is about a boy pulling of a heist to steal a
Van Gogh painting.

Do you know when that plot is first introduced?

Page motherfucking 250.

Pulling off*

Why's that?

I thought it wouldn't suck

One Hundred Years of Solitude

Must have stopped after the first 100 pages

>starts off good
>quickly becomes a book about nothing
my diary desu

Great Expectiations

White Noise by DeLillo

Far from simply being underwhelmed, from thinking it's "not great", I think it's actually awful. I actually want to use Bloom's words because they're so apt to what i think of him: "Stephen King is Cervantes compared to Don deLillo"

this

also this

Life of Pi
It was decent until the end, where the author just spergs out and explains the metaphor of the book. The book's theme is ruined, the author basically tells you what to think while hiding behind how vague the ending is.

you must like superhero movies

Aaaaaaand... that's a wrap!

Why 100yrs of solitude?

The Stand was disappointing but in retrospect it's pretty infuriating.

Well memed.

OP's biography

This is some bottom of the barrel comedy right here, folks.

On the Road
>everyone talks about the CONTROVERSIAL novel full of sex drugs and fuckin JAZZ man that kerouac typed entirely during a speed binge
>actual book is a bunch of bland cunts visiting cities that all turn it to be boring

Crime an Punishiment - however this was because I was convinced by my peers that it was the best novel ever written and would turn me into a devout christian - hence I came to it with stupidly high hopes.

More realistically that Hitchens book God is not great

100 years of solitude. tedius and unfullfilling.