X with Rice?

If you were eating a meal of only rice, what kinds of gravy and sauces would you use to compliment it?
I'm pretty partial to sweet chili sauces

Something hearty, like with mushrooms.

Curry, some cream sauce or a combination of butter, lemon, soysauce and chilli sauce.

Something like a Stroganoff sauce would work well I think. Could also use a Mornay sauce. I'd want something hearty that has protein in it, something with milk, meat stock, maybe something thickened with eggs, etc.

I just wrote out 3 recipes I just made up before realizing you said "just rice". Tbh it's kinda hard to help plain rice just by adding a sauce, apart from a curry/bolognese sauce, or maybe lightly fried in a blackbean sauce or seasoned oil, or something something chicken stock, lemongrass lime leaf, and add fried garlic chips, chilli and vegeta...

Seriously tho, by just rice, to what extent just rice? And out of curiosity, how come?

Brown gravy is fine with rice. It's wonderful with beef as well but if you can only have rice then it's also acceptable. Makes it not boring anyway.

Not op, but I thought I ordered a 5lb bag of rice last week and found out I ordered a 50lb bag of rice, so I'm trying to go through it before 2019.

How much did it cost? Christ

>Seriously tho, by just rice, to what extent just rice? And out of curiosity, how come?
by just rice, there will be nothing on the plate but rice and a sauce or gravy
this is because it's a creative exercise.

I normally don't reply to (you)'s, but I will for your quads.
I didn't look at the price as I normally just order the same bag on amazon, but came out to $45 after I checked it.

I think a tzatziki sauce could work well. It's good cold or hot, it's yogurt based so there's plenty of protein, and it's delicious.

checked

try koenigsberger klopse and rice without the meatballs, if you really just want sauce without any meat/vegetables.
It's a really nice german dish with capers and white sauce.

Which kind of rice? Most important question.

mexican rice

Lao gan ma.
Have you just been born or something?

White rice with milk and sugar is good

>Stroganoff sauce

>sweet chili

Yes

Rice with soysauce
Crack an egg on top
Add some sesame oil
Mix it all up
You're welcome

basmati

indian/thai curry are gonna be your friends. get your protein in small bitesized chunks stewed in it. avoid basically any japanese/chinese recipes, both the flavor and consistency are very different.

what about jasmin?

the consistency is somewhere in between and the flavor is its own unique thing. definitely works well as a bed for southern chinese dishes, it's still often the "chinese restaurant rice"; however it's iffier as an ingredient there and definitely doesn't work well for japanese.

My african friend likes it. Maybe it Goes well with african poverty food

it just tastes really good on its own in general. it not clicking with japanese isn't because it's bad, it's because:
- it overpowers some dishes through texture, and others through that nice nutty flavor.
- its lower yields but tolerance for worse farmland made it perceived as a poverty crop during modernization. "fragrant rice more like fragrance of rat piss rice" etc.
- it clumps better than other indica rices but still not well at all, while so much of modern japanese rice consumption is chilled as a desk lunch staple.

none, but maybe some furikake.