Neighbours complaining about my cooking

Does anyone else here live in an apartment complex and have to deal with complaints about their cooking?

I recently moved into a small 1 bedroom apartment in a complex of roughly 8 apartments of 1 and 2 bedrooms. I have been here 8 weeks and already have 4 knocks on my door to make complaints about my cooking in some way.

>1
I was making some Butternut Squash Soup to get practise for the fall and used my immersion blender to blend the soup thick. I was having trouble with the new blender and after 30 minutes the soup was not smooth. A neighbour knocked and told me to stop making noise as it was 5am and they were sleeping. I cook late at night because I work nights and on days off, stay up at night.

>2
I had a complaint from a man living next door about the 'awful smell' coming from my apartment the previous day. I had made a 'Sand Cottage Pie' which is a cottage pie with 4 tablespoons of turmeric in at various stages so naturally it created an Indian scent. I told him he is racist and snuffed his attempts to make me cook less ethnic food

>3
I had a complaint from a neighbour because I ordered a few bags of spices and had the mailman call on his door as I wasn't going to be awake as I work nights. He complained he had to carry the 'heavy' bags to his apartment, despite the total weight being only 8kg.

>4
I had a complaint from the same one who complained about my immersion blender because I did the same thing at 4am.

How do I deal with this? A mans home is his castle and I should not have to lessen my cookery instincts for these people.

Is this pasta?

maybe you shouldn't use an immersion blender for 30 minutes in the middle of the night and people might like you more.

It's not your castle, pajeet, you just rent it. I don't blame them about the noise at 4 am either. Must be a shit hole with paper walls if they can hear that anyway. Try the bathroom or another inner room if you want to make a racket.

8kg = 17lbs da fuck you need that much spices

I enjoyed this post, thank (You) for the free entertainment OP.

I made a large batch of bourbon ice cream and shared it with my neighbors. Most everyone enjoyed it. But one neighbor came home late and demanded their share. I didn't have anymore left. Plus I didn't feel I owed this person a damn thing. I don't want to write a long boring story. But the short of it is that the people that did get some ice cream refused to even help move the body. Doesn't pay to be nice.

So you run a blender at 5am, cook food that stinks and have your mailman deliver products to your neighbors homes without their permission?

you're a fucking awful selfish piece of shit. If I were your neighbor I would have dropped a hot pile of cum in those spices before bringing them to you.

people dont hate your cooking op you're just a fucking asshole

Wow. I know TC is bait, but if this isn't, I feel so fucking bad for anybody who interacts with that dickhead. Making ice cream for neighbours was a lovely thing to, good job my mang!

Anyway, I usually am super quiet and unobtrusive in my flat, don't judge me.
>less than a week ago
>was depressed because am always depressed
>got wasted on wine
>apparently tried to cook noodles
>fell asleep
>insanely loud alarm goes off (flat is ex-hotel with fucking ear-destroying alarms installed)
>drunk me tried to do something, can't remember what
>vague memories of me poking my head out of bed at 3am seeing the landlords face
>i mumbled gibberish
>find out next day the neighbours thought the flat was legit on fire and called landlord
>the whole complex lost electricity that night somehow because of it
>flat stank of smoke for 4/5 days
>just found out a few hours ago the hob for the cooker I used is broke, probably melted somehow... also I couldn't salvage my pan even after 2 days of bleach, pic related

Don't drink and cook.

Is this extremely misguided immersion blender shilling?

these blenders aren't that loud. You have thin walls. You should try to thicken them.

I told them this, and they did not listen.

You should have used your blender in bursts of morse code then.

Thanks for finally moving out. Now I can nail your mom anywhere in the house.

3/4 of those are your fault. Your shift's likely 17-1 sleep around 8, right? Collect your parcels and do your loud prep by waking up early or staying up a little extra.

I'm with you bro, you pay the same rent as the other guys, so fuck them if they keep different schedules to you. They sound like whiney bitch arsed motherfuckers.
If they don't like the block they can move.

>I'm with you bro, you pay the same rent as the other guys, so fuck them if they keep different schedules to you
this is how you get band practice at noon on weekends, and completely deserve it.

I only got a complaint once, when I was using a meat pounder at 2am. They didn't even have the balls to come complain themselves, they called security. I told them to fuck off.

All the noise coming from my neighbors while living in an apartment was a huge motivator to save up for my own house.

>I told them to fuck off
Translation: "Sorry, sir. I'll be sure to keep it down."

For weeks, the residents of the Oxford Apartments, a beige cinderblock low-rise in a weathered North Side neighborhood, knew something was terribly wrong in their building. The stench of rotten meat wafted through the corridors. There was the occasional hum of a buzz saw, and cursing and rumbling in one of the second-floor apartments.

What the residents did not know and could not have imagined was that the tenant in Apartment 213 had been storing the body parts of as many as 15 men in his one-bedroom apartment.

In a macabre drama that played out late Monday night and Tuesday to a crowd of neighbors and gawkers, the Milwaukee police removed three human heads stored in a refrigerator, boxes containing body parts, photographs of several victims and a barrel of acid.

No, didn't you read? it's Indian food

1 and 4 are legit, using a blender at 5am? Come on friend. Have some semblance of respect for your neighbors.

Everyone makes mistakes, but how did you get that wasted on your own in the first place? Maybe cut back on the drinking.

>I told him he is racist and snuffed his attempts to make me cook less ethnic food

You are a faggot

>8kg
Unless you're someshit of curry powder dealer you are confirmed a pajeet

Some subtle keks had here

are you the irish stew guy?

just had snother complaint

STOP COOKING AT 4-5AM

IF YOU DO, BAKE OR SOME SHIT. GOD, YOU'RE MAKING US ALL LOOK BAD.

ACTUALLY SCRATCH THAT BAKING ADVICE. YOUR AUTISTIC ASS WILL PROBABLY BRING OUT THE STAND MIXER TO PERFECT THE CRUST OF YOUR DURIAN TARTS.

Did you poo in the street?

i work nights, 11pm-7am
i sleep 11am-5pm
i am awake 5pm-11am
i eat around 4-5am.

How can you eat at 4-5am when your work nights are 11pm-7am?

I feel like this is an elaborate troll, but you really need to find a different place because clearly your schedule isn't compatible with a place with such thin walls

Also I overheard my neighbour scoff as I typed this on my mechanical keyboard (I've been here three years)

Well deducted my friend.
It’s almoat like he’s shitposting, isn’t it?

Lunch break?

This is on days off. At work I eat during my break which is usually 3am.

Tell 'em to fuck off. Noises and smells expected when living close to other people. Its apart of life

They shoulda bought a house if they don't like it.

Most apartments have noise limitations from 9 pm to 6am. I know that's tough for you since you sleep during the day, but it's geared towards normal-hours people.

You sound like an annoying piece of shit to be honest with you familia

This reminds of this time I had dinner with my corworkers. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers, and I should not have broken it. This may take 2 posts, it was THAT bad.

6 coworkers met at someone's house under the pretense of "Irish stew". I grudgingly accepted the invitation and arrived at 2 pm (when I was told to come). I brought traditional soda bread that had to be baked first. The host made a bit of a stink about using the oven when he had other things in there, but I told him I wanted it fresh.

The stew was still cooking and the host was already drinking alcohol at this time. In the middle of a conversation with a member of the opposite sex, the host tells me, "Please, no talk about politics. PLEASE not today". I said if more people talked about politics we would be in a better country, and he got very argumentative so I just dropped it.

I was drinking apple juice that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have a beer. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and "cooler" if I had some alcohol. It was pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.

Anyway, at that point I became withdrawn and went for a walk. I came back right before dinner, and that is when the fun started.

He made "Irish stew" with beef, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, hot sauce, oregano, tomato, and various ingredients. I started telling others that proper Irish stew should only contain mutton, potato, onion, and water, and that beef, tomato, black pepper, hot sauce, and other ingredients would not be available then and therefore it was a modern stew, not Irish stew.

We started eating and someone asked me about what I had said about real Irish stew. The host looked annoyed so I told him. He turned red and told me if I didn't like it I could "get the fuck out and take my apple juice with me".

I was shocked and speechless. He left the room and his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together) apologized. Eventually, people started talking more comfortably and he came back and was brooding and drinking more.

The stew was okay, but not authentic. I asked him if he knew that mutton was on sale at a local store and he flew into a tirade, bringing up any small error or faux pas I have ever committed at work. People were trying to calm him down, and I simply responded to him in a quiet and calm voice, and said that I appreciated his invitation and his "take" on Irish stew, but it would have been nicer if the company had been more warm.

He got up and pulled me out of the chair, stretching my sweater at the neck. He was literally screaming in my face and had his fist up in a threatening manner.

I told him I would call the cops if he hit me. He then told me to get out and take my "fucking juice and shit bread" with him. A second loaf was still in the oven with 7 minutes left, and I said I wasn't leaving until it was cooked and I could take it.

He shouted at me to leave or he would call the cops ON ME (imagine) and then threw the bread out of the oven on the ground. I was shaking with emotions and told the group that I enjoyed my time with them but I couldn't say the same about the host.

It was a horrible affair, but I decided to make authentic Irish stew today, because I was let down yesterday and had a hankering for it. It is simmering on the stove and I plan on bringing it to lunch tomorrow, one bowl for me and some for the host. It will be a subtle form of revenge as well as a way to show him that I am a better cook and am the more mature, forgiving person.

Any other stories of hosts from hell? People who cannot act respectful towards others in their own home should not have dinner parties.

I've never lived in an apartment with a
Those rules. And I read my leases.

Are you German by any chance?

I recognize this Irish stem pasta

I wondered if it was pasta, it seemed to closely posted together.

The only noise limitation my building has is that you can only do heavy, loud renovations on Wednesday.

The rest of it is just basic human decency, like not running a blender for thirty fuckin minutes at dawn. I work a night shift too for half of the month and I make sure that I live at a reasonable volume.

>as it was 5am and they were sleeping
> I did the same thing at 4am.

you fucking stop, most places have noise laws and shit, usually you can make all the noise you want after 7, so check with your apartment for the rules on that shit, i would be pissed off if it was me too.

I can use my Blendtec/Vitamix any hour in my condo without complaints. If anyone is hearing it, they're unwilling to open that channel and risk me whining about their old fat clumsy noises.

Sometimes I smell stuff from the neighbors. I don't have much carbon in my air filters and I don't change it often. You could catch much of your odor by putting pounds of granules in your kitchen hood and also running some HEPA units with more carbon to catch the odors. Exchanging air with outside would be most effective.

Why are you buying spices online instead of from an Asian supermarket? Are they cheaper/better?

You are a massive faggot. If you really cant see why these people don't like you then you really are a problem for them. Move out.

but how fucking thin do the walls have to be that you can hear a blender going from a room away, let alond from the next apartment? not saying op isn't a douche but c'mon

>A mans home is his castle
>apartment
Fuck, you sure are stupid.

I don't know, maybe he's poor and lives in a shithole.