Tea time

What's your preferred tea brewing method? Favorite loose leaf?

My wife got me this little portable single serve teapot and cup for my birthday and it's perfect. Holds heat decently and brews well, looks good, and packs small enough for either my work food box or a backpack. I see it going /out/ with me frequently.

Lately I'm working my way through some milk oolong but will be ordering some lapsang and probably some Assam since I haven't had any in a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

verdanttea.com/)
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, where do you get your teas?

I've ordered from Republic of Tea and bought from local bulk bins but was looking at other sites like Teasenz. If anyone has experience with them I'd love to know, ordering straight from China makes me nervous with anything I might be consuming. Probably unjustified but the concern is there.

Not a tea drinker but have a bump cause man that looks comfy

Thanks. It's almost winter here and all my garden is pretty much dead but it is still a pretty comfy fall. Good times for afternoon pipes. I have a couple of pipe blends that are complimentary to different teas actually

I just ordered $50 from verdant yesterday (verdanttea.com/) but I usually go to a little tea shop in town that has a decent selection. Verdant's 5 for $5 deal was really good and I suggest trying it since it has free shipping.

No point in worrying about ordering straight from China since your tea is going to be coming from there anyways and go through the same screening process.

>drink all the Harney and Sons earl grey at work
>it gets replaced with Twinnings
>drink all of that
>it gets replaced with presidents choice

I CANT WORK UNDER THESE INHUMANE CONDITIONS

Yeah I know it's all in my head, just working past it.

That's a neat site, I'll look at it closer tonight when I'm done with projects. Thanks.

Those are the same people who buy plastic canisters of folgers, forget to put the lid back on it, and ask everyone to contribute to the 'coffee fund', then ask why you don't like 'real coffee' when you bring fresh ground from anumber artisan roaster.

Intolerable acts.

tea dadddy ;)

White2tea anything

Those are some fucking dark tomatoes man, what kind? How are they?

Also good tea and a pipe is absolutely top comfy.

I have to bring my own tea to work, because the awful, cheap bags they provide are undrinkable. I keep a couple of small tins of looseleaf Assam and Earl Grey in my office that I refill from home, and have a small 3 cup glass teapot. I can't function without my tea, and I can't drink dishwater.

i have a good taiwanese tea shop close to my home, im sippin tieguanyin right now , usually my go to is an aged oolong from 1976, which said teashop sells way too cheap because they own a large amount of it. if i want to treat myself i get out one of the puerhs i own, which were way too expensive but taste great

pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ

whatever green tea i can get my hands on and i use sun brewing method

this is some snufkin-tier comfiness

I've just started making tea from herbs and spices in a very crude manner.

I dump a teaspoon of the following - ginger powder, rubbed sage, cayenne, tumeric, ceylon cinnamon, clove powder - into a tall glass jar and pour boiling water into it. Then steep and cool in the fridge. The next day, when everything has settled to the bottom, I pour into cup. The bits of sage leaf that make it into my cup, I don't mind, kinda like chewing on them.

Funny side-effect is that I get chest pains on the left from drinking this. Maybe I should reduce the amounts I'm tossing in?

You heat it with the sun? what's the point?

whatcha and white2tea

Where do you get your pipe tobacco?

I ordered from Adagio about a month ago, bought around 4 types of tea and got 4 free samples as well.

I love green tea (sencha and araicha)
I love turkish red/black tea (cay)
I love english earl grey
I love assam tea
I love indian masala chai

I alternate among all the above

Sometimes I drink straight (Green tea is always straight)

For others, sometimes a splash of milk/cream. And only for chai masala do I add a bit of sugar, helps bring out the flavor of the cinnamon, pepper, clove, and cardommom

better tasting tea.
give it a try
get a very large jar with a lid
fill with water
place desired amount of tea
set in direct sunlight
move it as needed for maximum sunlight
it gets pretty hot inside the jar
>think greenhouse

that's just retarded waste of time, mate

>think bacteria

that's what the lid is for, numbnutz
so is smoking a brisket for 8 hours i reckon

Haha it looks like a toilet for pixies.

But seriously, whatever is practical. If I was sat out there with a pipe, I'd want to fill it with heavy roast oolong or a powerful raw puerh.

yeah, i don't care for bbq

its called an infusion and your doing fucking well keep on

I was going to call you a hipster twat but that sounds and looks real nice if I'm being honest with myself

I've always wondered, but when you light a pipe does the ember stay there for a while so you can puff away or does it burn out where you have to constantly relight it? I've been considering picking it up as a hobby