I've been really getting into sub sandwiches recently. I get a big loaf of bread...

I've been really getting into sub sandwiches recently. I get a big loaf of bread, coat with mayo and honey dijon mustard on each side, top with brown sugar ham and provolone, toast it up add some black olives and lettuce then wolf it down but every time I try to eat it I get some major spillage by the end. Like half my meat and cheese just migrates out the back of the sub every time I take a bite. I feel like Frank Reynolds eating those hot dogs in a gas station.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dAq-kU4U0t8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Toothpicks through the bread and sandwich contents keeps everything from moving apart. You do need to keep moving the toothpicks as you eat though. Advanced techniques like not cutting the bread all the way in half can help keep contents from shifting longitudinally, but then you have the problem of meat and cheese coming out the side.

I'm not too keen on toothpicks because olives will still fall out unless I turn it into a porcupine, and it would be impossible to toast if the sides were not fully separated.

Dude just don't cut all the way through the bread and then eat it evenly from the side, it's what I've been doing for years

The loaves I get won't fit in my toaster oven if they aren't halved.

I meant in half the horizontal way, vertically it's fine to cut through it

This is why Subway used to cut their subs like they did before switching to the side cut.

Start towards the top and cut through at an angle down the length of the bread, repeat on the other side, then fill with desired ingredients.

Wrapping the whole sandwich tightly in paper or shrinkwrap is a sure way to keep everything in place, but I have to admit I still don't know how to efficiently eat a sandwich prepared this way. I guess it's easier to peel back paper than it is to reposition mustardy cheese and meat though.

I also meant horizontally, they are too thick to fit in the ~4" gap of my oven.

You mean hollow out a "V" in the top of the sub? Interesting

The way I'm proposing wouldn't be any different, size wise :/

youtube.com/watch?v=dAq-kU4U0t8

I will try this

Then I don't understand

Cut the bread like a hot dog bun then put shit inside it, eat from the side that the knife entered, sorta like a really wide sandwich

Then you don't understand. I have to cut it in half to put it in the toaster oven. The loaf is too thick to fit that way

It doesn't make it any more thick to just stop the knife before the other side of the bread user

it does when you have to lay both halves next to each other in order to fit it in the oven. Both are face up, essentially doubling the width and halving the height of the bread

Do you toast your loaf one half at a time?

Both halves fit in at the same time, they just won't fit stacked on each other

what is you cut it real thin but its still together so you can fold it all the way ope, that way it will fit in your oven

Just fucking unfold it what the heck man it doesn't have to be cut through to be laid out. You could even make like a little shitty bread triangle tent if you're worried about it breaking

could work

Then just eat it from the side that you cut open, evenly along the length of the loaf. Perfectly proportioned bites and nothing will fall out the back bc you didn't cut all the way through. Like I said, I've been doing this for years it works way better trust me.

Wait so the loaves you use are 4" thick that's 2" of bread on each side man are you okay

More like 3" but there's a grate at the top of the oven that stops me from putting them in.

Yeah I'm fine

Oh ok just checking. Good luck with your thick bread, I hope your sandwiches stop falling apart :)