You think the lack of black authors is why not a lot of black people read?

Am black by the way, genuinely curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A lot of people dont read because they are retarded, regardless of race

You can't write if you don't read

Doubt it. There has been a recent increase in the number of black writers while the number of readers hasn't jumped. Think it's more to do with people opting for alternatives

Maya angelou. Langston hughes. And.... oh shit thats it?

I had a dream last night where I went out really late at night, and there was a fat black woman painting something on a canvas and easel up my street. When I saw what it was, it was some big black bold words in Impact font giving a description of how hard it is to be black or something like that. It was a description of some daily routine she has to go through, and how it has all this oppression coded into it because she's black.

She got mad at me for looking because she assumed I was disparaging it, but I told her I was just looking, and asked her if she ever paints paintings like that except the last step is something nice or unexpectedly anti-racist that happened to surprise her, instead of ending in sadness and confirmation of racism every time, and she didn't understand what I meant and threw her paintbrush at me. Then the dream became about golfing.

Well, in my experience, as a white person, people feel very self-conscious when they see someone reading something that is not Harry Potter, as they do not have the patience or mental capacity to do so themselves.

I am sure this would be greatly increase in such an anti-intellectual culture such as the Black Americans'. Being ridiculed by your peers as being a nerd or faggot for reading most likely turns people off.

I think it has more to do with the relative poverty of the black community. Most of literature is written by "white" people, yet the poor white men and women of Appalachia don't read either. I think race is secondary to class in this instance.

BBBBBBRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPTTTTKKKPPPHHHHFFFFFFF

HOT DAMN

There's plenty of black authors. Blacks just don't want to read them because they're depressive and shit.

Literature is a European thing. Americans, white or black, read very little.

Whoa, did a bit of poo come out there?

/thread

stop guys I'm gonna cum

It takes an above average IQ to write a publishable novel. Blacks being quite a few points lower on average means fewer could write one even if they wanted to.

You think the lack of black readers is why not a lot of black people write?

I think the lack of black readers is why not a lot of black people write.

>It takes an above average IQ to write a publishable novel
Top kek

nah. working class people are generally oppose to people bettering themselves intellectually (gone are the days of the working class academic).
working class tends to mean "people on low income" . black people tend to be "working class" due to institutional racism and them being thick as shit.

>based marlon james

>gone are the days of the working class academic

this was only a thing because of the flood of jewish refugees from eastern europe, once they got access to free university education via CUNY they left the working class and became bankers

As to the lack of black authors, I think it's more so because black authors get automatically pigeonholed into writing about black experience/slavery/etc. rather than the crap that actually interests them (scifi, fantasy, etc.). For whatever reason, it's easy to market "black writer describes black misery" versus "black writer describes literally anything else".

As to the lack of black readers, I suppose OP is right. Nowadays (and perhaps always), reading was done to gain social capital. It's easiest to gain and lord over things that make you seem like you're worth more: hence, the educated black types who do read are most likely to read books about the struggle and success of blacks.

Nonetheless, I think I've known more young black women who read for pleasure than any other kind of young people. Of course, they read trashy romantic stuff (borderline erotic lit), but they do read.

t. black guy reading Mansfield Park

>marlon james

he's not african-american, not working class, and not straight, which is why he's able to reach white levels of acheivement

Oh, I misread the question. Definitely not, I subconsciously picture almost all characters as whites in my mind, even when they're said to have dark skin, unless the way they act or speak is explicitly non white. I don't see why a spook couldn't do the same

How was your golf experience?

thread theme:

On the contrary, there are plenty of black people that read. Put them in jail, and they'll find their way into a book, whether it's a law book that they are forced to read(to arm themselves for when they want to go to court with the intention of representing themselves/ too poor to hire a lawyer that isn't appointed by the state. State-appointed lawyers will whisper their confidential stuff to the judge, because corruption works against the morally corrupt without a doubt) or if it's fiction books like pic related.

obligatory

No such thing as institutional racism nigger. Get your monkey ass over to pol for the redpill

as a black Veeky Forumsizen I came into this thread with self esteem and left with none.

I think I'll go apologize to every white person ever for my race now.

>institutional racism
Yes being shoehorned everywhere even if youre a literal subhuman ape is really racist, hope actual equality comes and they starve to death because they can't do a single fucking job, the subhuman retards.

Seems to be the same for gayfags too. Had a professor who was gay and the critics always slammed him for writing about straight people

I am a little bit curious to try to read one of these, but at the same time I don't want to drop my IQ.

>institutional racism
A black kid and a white kid with 100 IQ and the same economic background have almost exactly the same chances of success. Institutional racism doesnt exist most blacks are just dumb.

Are you allowed to read from the masta's library?

>Main Bitch Dreams
>Side Bitch Status

lol blacks are so degenerate, i mean white people have affairs sometimes, but have a mistress is not a regular situation, the way black "families" have these extra types that don't exist in white and asian cultures is concerning, "side bitch", "main bitch", "babby daddy", "babby momma" etc.

>Leondra Lerae

>blacks are dumb
>therefore institutional racism doesn't exist
that is a non sequitur in and of itself

>a lot of black people don't read

What a succinct statement that can not possibly be divided. I mean, we could consider age demographic, class, and location, but that would just muddy the waters, wouldn't it?

It turns out you can't make a statement like that. Everyone is an individual. There are black people more well read than white or hispanic or indian or whatever, it doesnt matter, because vice versa will always be true as well.

Our society has a cognitive ability bias, not a race one. See: asians, smart poo in loos, etc.

>lack of black authors

The leading American contemporary novelists are all black right now. Whether or not this is the result of guilt ridden white literary pundits is certainly not up for debate, but Beatty and Marlon James and Whitehead and Zadie are towers in the current awards scenes.

this

Books are like kryptonite to black people.

that assertion still doesn't follow

FBPHBFHPHBFHPFHHHFHHFHHHHH

*plop*

>redpill
>incoherent rambling

back to your safe space you easily triggered, murky, snowflake

He is arguing from the Bell Curve. That it is demonstrable that the black population has a lower median intelligence, therefore between their low population representation and lower amount of individuals with high intelligence, they have less representatives to compete for the accolades of cognitive bias.

Niggers can't write about anything except race.

But that still doesn't follow when you know shit like Jim Crowe and slavery existed, definitely examples of institutional racism, you'd need mental gymnastics to pretend this isn't true
His assertion didn't provide any reason why it couldn't still exist nowadays.

Blacks in the US have had trillions of white people's tax dollars spent trying to lift them up, and most still can't even *speak* English. You expect them to read it? This is a simple matter of biology/IQ.

>not african american
Nigga is you blind

He did though. The contemporary treatment of chinks, vietnames and koreans, pakis, indians with a dot, Hispanics, and Jews.

Do you think the elite racists who hold the keys to heaven regarding US institutional structure have a hardon for them but not blacks?

He fled Jamaica so he could freely be fucked in the ass. I am pretty sure he was born a crown subject

>The blacks' bell-curve reaches the highest.
Makes me wonder who the special negro is.

>its the daily /pol/ containment thread

op is not a fag

No he didn't, that doesn't remove the possible existence of institutional racism(and was also an assertion)

>muh individualism means that you can't make general statements about groups ever
Back to the alien website

>tfw so inteligent he ruins the bell curve for the entire race

>go to /pol/
>castigate "niggers"
>defend paedophiles

>Poorly educated
>low iq
>"""culture"""
Of Course they don't read.

Notice how all the contributors to Partisan in the '50s became neoliberal apologists and cultural reactionaries

>it exists in my minds
Yes, Tyrone, the mean whites have a hateboner for black people and are trying to keep you down. It's not like it's in their interests for blacks to not be lazy pieces of shit.

Hes lived in michigan for like a decade. Hes an american citizen

Incest is not uncommon among them, either.

>implying there isn't a T H R I V I N G hood book market

get with the times lad

Pedo rights will be a thing in a few decades. Pic related.

>namecalling
I got what I set out to do and that was calling out the non sequitur, turns out that also triggered the /pol/

Could you provide an example that institutional racism exists today

Oh shit

Are there any black authors that don't make everything about their race?

I give it at most ten years.

there are tons of black authors, it's just that you're not well read enough / not interested enough to find out about them

there are publishing houses, literary festivals, prizes etc just for black writers. for example peepal tree press was mentioned on here recently.

>Poorly educated
>low iq
This. They literally can't read.

>other user BTFOs you and proves that modern institutional racism is a myth
>you respond with "well... it COULD exist"
>still keep posting
You know who rails the most against "institutional racism"? The media, the government, and large corporations. Who exactly is oppressing you?

>prizes etc just for black writers
The Man Booker you mean?

Do you know what non sequitur means? or assertion even? why are you on Veeky Forums

many countries in the middle east and asia have legalised racism
not specifically against black people tho

/pol/ and chan "culture"in general is institutionally racist. you can't deny this

Respond to the argument Dayshawn

The only institutionalized racism is minorities getting free shit because they are minorities.

yes. hilary mantel is well known for being black

gain reading comprehension

>I am being oppressed by mean people on the Internet
Setting a pretty low bar here

in what way is Veeky Forums an institution?

Fuck off. They deserve it for the literally hundreds of years of slavery by the white man.

Let's not forget the underlying issue here:

People have known Africans are unintelligent, violent, and dysfunctional for literally thousands of years. Our grandparents and those who came before us would have laughed that this is even up for debate.

So what happened? What changed? Jews took over western culture and became our new elite after WW2, and they trained Boomers during the 60s and 70s to think that "racism" was the worst sin in the world, that everyone was equal, and that whites were collectively at fault for black underachievement.

Africans are retarded and can't function in western societies? Well, the sky is blue too. The problem as usual is the jews.

WHY IS MY PENIS SO SMALL? IS THERE A BOOK ABOUT THIS.
aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH. IM NEVER GOING TO SCORE

You're not fooling anyone.

Fair enuff but I meant more America Cuz of the mention of Jim crow

If whites are responsible for the crimes of their ancestors then they are also responsible for their achievements. Therefore, white supremacism is objectively true.

Can you BE any more BTFO

>achievements
Open your eyes, they were black achievements. The true kings of Egypt were black and whites stole everything from them

WE ... WUZ...

really whites should aim not to profit from the historical ravages of imperialism and not take individual credence for the minority of creative forefathers.......if they have any self-respect.

but Caucasians are literally shameless.
I never really thought about what "shameless" actually meant until trump became POTUS. A man completely incapable of shame no matter what lies he spreads or hw much he discredits american institutions like the president.

Shameless

baka