Start drinking coffee at work

>start drinking coffee at work
>get horrible head aches on saturday
I-I'm a drug addict.

Don't let it take over. Take action.

>decide to abstain from caffeine on weekends
>realize I drink a mug of green tea with my breakfast
still, relying on a cheap and widely available substance doesn't seem is not the end of the world imo

If you're feeling peer pressure, I have a solution.

I’m having this problem now. I drink an unhealthy amount of energy drinks and coffee per day. On average, maybe 5 energy drinks (switch between monster, rockstar, and Red Bull) and about 2 pots of coffee throughout the day.

On the days I try to abstain, I get huge headaches and caffeine withdrawals, and start chainsmoking to compensate.

Daddy needs his vice, whatever that vice may be in the moment. Any suggestions?

....dude

If this is true, you are killing yourself.

Fucking hell, you'd probably be better off smoking crystal meth at this point, that's way too much caffeine.

Fucking hell dude.
I've been hooked on caffeine for years and I rarely drink more than 3 cups of coffee a day

>On the days I try to abstain, I get huge headaches and caffeine withdrawals,

It only lasts three-ish days, so using a long week-end or a vacation for detoxing is very doable.

Just make sure you have nothing you need to do but sleep, eat and chill when you try to detox.

I.. I was going to suggest drinking more water to OP, but if he drinks even remotely the amount of caffeine you do, then that's not going to cut it.

How the FUCK are you still alive?

I have more respect for someone drinking hot cocoa with whipped cream and a cherry all day, than someone drinking imitation coffee just to belong.

I don’t even know. I’m constantly stressed and overworked.

See, I technically have detoxed before. But like I said, I’m constantly in search of a vice. I used to drink and do some small time drugs when I was younger, and I’ve always felt the need for a coping mechanism. I’ve grown out of the drugs, but I need something to fill that hole.

For the record, I’m not one of those fucking Facebook coffee addicts who Use caffeine as an excuse to be unproductive in the morning. I just really, really feel like I need SOMETHING.

Bump?

drank a cup a joe today and feel no desire for more you guys are weak

Video games and masturbating to cartoon girls with dicks.

>Drink strong coffee every morning for weeks
>Go away for a weekend, something comes up
>Dont make coffee
>Get home
>Forget about morning coffee ritual for a week
>Pick up where I left off and start drinking cofee every morning
>Absolutely no headaches/tiredness/twitchiness et.

Whats the deal? I see threads like these, and hear people talking about it. How do you build a physical dependence on coffee? Ive always felt it was more of a routine to have a cup of coffee in the morning or afternoon. Abstaining from my usual caffeine intake does nothing for me. Is it a meme or what?

>chicory
Op said he's a drug addict, not a masochist.

Jesus Christ dude, I do the same thing but I couldn't keep using coffee like that because it gave me panic attacks.

Don't switch to alcohol though because that will literally kill you. Also don't do weed because you won't be productive and the depression withdrawals won't help your work habits.

How much coffee do you drink? You only start getting withdrawals when you get >3 cups imo, and honestly some people are more prone to addiction bcz depression and shit.

It only started when I was drinking 4+ cups of coffee/tea in a day.

I drink probably 8-12 cups of coffee a day and probably 1-1.5 L of tea.

I feel like I could quit if I wanted though, am I addicted? How unhealthy is this really?