New Book From Lord Of The Rings Author Published 100 Years After It Was Written

gamespot.com/articles/new-book-from-lord-of-the-rings-author-published-1/1100-6450485/

This man is like a machine. How does he manage to keep writing books when he's been dead for over 40 years? It's amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40109396
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>gamespot

W E W
E
W

Huh?

>it's a christopher is desperate for money/recognition again episode

>episode
This is a book board.

Do people really think this? I imagine the movies made them a bunch of money but I could be wrong.

Use a real news website, /v/tard

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40109396

Also, I just learned it's actually a collection of previously published versions of the story, not a novel-length version like Children of Hurin.

The movies made them money but they are basically ashamed of the movies because as adaptations of the novels they are pretty embarrassing. I figure Chris just wants some quality material to come out of the Tolkien estate to wash out the taste of the Hobbit trilogy.

>bbc
And you're from /tv/, I see.

Laugh at my joke.

> Imagine being Christopher Tolkien
> Father told you these stories as a child
> A common bond is created and both are brought closer together
> Entrusts his works to you after his death
> Continue his legacy and argue his legitimacy for decades
> sees pic related

What is happening? Did someone have glue on his forehead?

I don't remember this part

Christopher does a fantastic job though, so I don't really care.

He's got an axe stuck in his head so it got stuck in the orc's head too when they headbutted

Yeah, it's stupid

Not stupid. You're stupid. *sniff*

Is Chris Tolkien one of the few sons who actually lives up to his father?

Huh?

WRONG

The Hobbit novel would have been better with that scene in it.

>take a story from the Silmarillion
>increase font size
>increase margins
>stretch 30 pages to 250 pages
>write an introduction comparing various manuscripts of the story that no one cares about
>sell it

Tolkien is rolling in his grave.

Sorry, meant to write edition

Hurin was fantastic, and Christopher went out of his way in the intro to say the successes are his fathers and the failures were his own. He only added text to link chapters and disparate sets of notes into a cohesive narrative, and I think he did so quite well.

lmao what the fuck is happening here? I don't remember this in the final movie, is it part of the director's cut or something?