It's kind of hard to respect writers who were rich and had this much free time

It's kind of hard to respect writers who were rich and had this much free time.

at least all he did was create beautiful prose that never hurt anyone

Marx on the otherhand...

he was a great artist

>I'm an angry poor wagecuck

I think finding beauty in a work of art is much more important than what you happen to think of the artist as a person. So what, don't respect him if you don't want to, who cares?

>DUUURR RICH PEOPLE ARE BAD AND DUMB
Listen to yourself. Rich people are obviously more intelligent and because of their opportunities and wealth, more cultured. Therefore, they will obviously make good writers. Although, most of them don't have time to write, because they're too busy making money.

This. Rich people engaging in their hobbies might feel unjustified concerning the rich part, but at least the person him/herself is usually not despicable in principle.

Some people like Marx though, are the very definition of weaponized autism.

>Rich people are obviously more intelligent and because of their opportunities and wealth, more cultured
No.

Ressentiment

if he had so much free time then why was he in search of lost time

lol checkmate op get rekd

who?

Proust, newfag.

maybe 100 years ago man, nowadays, your average rich kid is just as fucking stupid and cultureless as your average prole.

So what? Do you find him being a white male troubling too?

Ressentiment

Only the wealthy should be allowed to write

I respect summarizing Proust

Name one (1) good poor writer.

Every single Elizabethan/Jacobin playwright. Not even memeing, they all earned terrible money. That's why they wrote them so fast and collaborated. Shakespeare was only slightly less poor but that's because he was also an actor. So here is a picture of 20 good poor writers.

uhhhh is somebody gonna let this guy know "Shakespeare" was an earl

Poe

Don't you have a world to proclaim as flat?

Shakespeare was middle class, Coke and Bacon were above. Massinger and Beaumont both have norman names, so I assume they're above the average, and a quick search shows this to be true.

If your favorite author didn't die penniless in a ditch or of consumption in an asylum you are automatically a pleb and should be banned from posting forever.

what about genteel poverty?

Roberto BolaƱo was poor most of his life

are you some kind of cunt communist, user?

maybe just butthurt jealous.

I find it easier to respect him. Plus without all of that free time he wouldn't have been able to write the novel we all know and love.

Working is for stupid people.

>respect the rich NOW, reeeeeee

>valuing class concerns over the art itself

he is right ur a commie fagget

Who is the greatest of poor quality writers?

That's not all what he said you twat

That's just some odd frustration on your part projecting.

>implying the two can be separated

Being wealthy has its benefits. You don't have to work, so you can dedicate all of your time to art or your hobbies instead

Respect isn't pursued as chief aim in itself, rather transcendance in absolution through the medium of expression.

ummm classist much?

Maybe in America. True rich kids in England are often considerably more cultured than the average kid, if they've been to Eton/Harrow especially. There's plenty of them at my uni and I always feel like they're looking down their noses at me for being a dirty prole.

There are plenty of kids (and adults now) of the babyboomer nouveau riche who only ever aspired to be models, pro-gamers and Rich Kids of Instagram.

>if they've been to Eton/Harrow especially

They can and they are

kek

I went to a party with a bunch of etonians once. One guy was cool and we talked philosophy and shit but the rest of them were absolute cunts.

I had to show one how to open a bottle of champagne. Another joked that he didn't know how to cook pasta because "the maid" does it.

They tend to have a lot of knowledge from the strict schooling, but they also lack a lot of common sense because they've never had to apply it.

Great thread

john clare

>t. haughty autodidact

Have you ever talked to them? That sounds shitty though, classism is cancer.

depends on what they were writing about

kek

>tfw you wish marcel wrote more about nature than what his grandmother was wearing

>classism
stop using this made up meme word

Do yourself a favour and read him, Marx had great prose for being a philosopher (we'll talk about his ideas later).

Why?

that's why his books suck and are only praised by third-worldist hipsters. 2666 and savage detectives are just garbage-tier works by a degenerate mestizo. his poetry is 10x worse.

the (((german))) ideology