Fuck kebab. Why does so many people prefer kebab over gyros, judging by the number of kebab stands over the gyros ones...

Fuck kebab. Why does so many people prefer kebab over gyros, judging by the number of kebab stands over the gyros ones. Gyros is vastly superior and you can't prove me wrong.

I think they both taste the same.

Meat sux

They're exactly the same

this opinion is fine. you should run away from home if you are being forced to eat meat.

They are not. Gyros tastes and feels like real pieces of meat while kebab is this weird plasticky shit.

They are. Shitty kebab tastes like shitty gyro. Good kebab tastes like good gyro.

Is kebab the same as shawarma? I have no idea what you Euros are sperging over, nowhere in Toronto can you get "kebab". But there's a shawarma spot on every other corner.

Gyros is pork
Kebab is lamb, or beef or rat

Regional names for roughly the same thing.

It's all the same shit

In Canada a gyro is a wrap using a thick bread (don't know the proper name for it; kinda like Naan bread). Kebab is meat on a stick. Shawarma is basically a gyro using pita bread and generally garlic sauce. You can get pork or chicken and sometimes donair on all of them.

This is even what comes up on Google images here when you search them. I know Google does regional searches but is it really different elsewhere?

Kebab, gyro, and shablahblah are used interchangeably. The meat can change in all of them. It's like calling something a sandwich, poboy, hero, hoagie, etc. It's all the same shit with little difference.
The only part I agree with is the kebab shit. In America it means meat on a stick, but I've seen people call a gyro kebab multiple times. I gave up. It's all the same shit in my book.

I used to think that of gyros/shawarma and lots of other people do too, but I work in a heavily shawarma'd area and there is definitely a distinction from the restaurants. Mom and pop family joints might use them interchangeably but the middle eastern places don't. I'm gonna trust their use of the terms over that of Bubba's Rib Shack that happens to sell Gee-rows.

There's also usually different fillers between the two (like pickled turnips) in addition to the bread.

If I switch out a club for a Reuben it's still a sandwich no matter the change in ingredients

>eating meat in any way that isnt argentinean BBQ(fuck burgers burning their meat)

Lamb gyro with tzatziki sauce is the perfect sandwich.

can someone explain to me the difference between gyro, kebab, and shwarma?

There are so many kebab places because Turks are roaches who spread around like crazy and don't stay in their own country. Meanwhile, most Greeks actually stay in Greece.

Because Turks make sure their kebab stands up to it's name, whereas fucking Greeks (or some gypsies, who the fuck cares) would serve me a fucking dogmeat trimmings in stale bread for the same price. Fuck Greeks, fuck gyros. Also halal beef is tastier.

>sandwich
More of a taco, really...

Garbage meat for yuropoors and yurocucks who think a sausage is fine cuisine

Remove kebab

America got shish kebab first and cut off the wrong word to abbreviate it, that's where kebab as skewers comes from.

>gyro
Thick pita with lamb or chicken mostly, tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, and tomatoes. Sometimes also has onions and french fries in it. Traditional gyro meat is ground and made into a big log/loaf and sliced into thin strips.

>kebab
Doner kebab, the meat is spiced differently from gyros and is mostly beef or chicken that's stacked up on a huge vertical rotisserie and sliced off in little pieces to order. What type of bread and toppings are on it vary by region, for example in Germany they use cabbage, tomato, onions, and various sauces.

>shwarna
Very similar to doner kebab, meat stacked on a big rotisserie and sliced off to order. Wrapped in a big pita with garlic sauce, pickled vegetables of some kind, onions, and sometimes french fries as well.

Kebab has many meanings. You men shawarma, or in Turkish, Çevirme, where the word originates from. Çevirme means spinning. Later the word Çevirme got replaced with döner, same meaning. Gyros is the samething. Its this huge chunk of meat spinning on heat.

When it comes to kebab, there are 1000 of different kebab dishes.

Yaprak kebab
Iskender kebab
Döner kebab
Adana kabab
Izmir kebab
Patlican kebab
Beyti kebab

Etc etc, the list goes on. But the europeans just say kebab to this spinning meatchunk. Also please bear in mind that every european country has different "standard" or "mainstream" kebabs. Ive been to France, Germany, England, Berlin, Denmark and Sweden. They all have different "kebabs". Mainly cuz they mix minced meat with spices and other shit. Real kebab, or Döner, is pic related. Pure meat. Some onions, tomatoes and fat on the top is also recommended for the taste.