InstantPot

>does the job of 7 devices

is it a meme or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/241310/chef-johns-beef-and-barley-stew/
kikebook.com/groups/InstantPotCommunity/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a pressure cooker and slow cooker with a timer.

My brother has one and uses it a lot, so I guesss theyre okay?

I don't care if it's seen as a meme or not. I love mine and use it all the time. Well worth what I paid for it. Which was $79

So I should get rid of my slow cooker, rice maker or will I still use them occasionally?

This could really save me space.

I just got one as a gift. Wondering if it really is all it claims to be. I haven't taken mine out of the box yet.

Also, pressure cooking: is it that awesome?

I wouldn't but that's Up to you. If your using your instant pot for making something like beef tips and gravy but you want rice ready to go with it at the same time then yeah you could use the rice cooker you already have. I Still have my crockpot and use it occasionally instead of the instant pot. i mainly use the pressure, yogurt, and sauté function on my instant pot but there are times I use the other settings too. It's a nice appliance to have imo.

I like the fact that I can get home from work and decide that I want to have something for dinner that would normally take an entire day of planning. Get home at 5:30, have braised short ribs by 7. It's really nice for the flexibility, also it really shines for things like stock, stews, and beans. I have a slow cooker and I haven't used it since I got an InstantPot, but I'd be damned if I hand over my little rice cooker with the fuzzy logic.

My neighbor bought one of these. What a bunch of phony baloney. It was such a "as seen on tv" type scam that he was trying to pawn it off on whoever might be sucker enough to pay.

>with the fuzzy logic
Buying into 2 memes at the same time! Whew lad! I bought an instant pot when amazon did their 69.99 deal a month ago. I love this thing. It makes fantastic everything. It makes the best sticky rice using the pot in pot method. For normal rice at the same time I use a black and Decker rice cooker I got for 15 bucks. I recommend the instant pot. As far as pressure cookers go, the electric programmable kind are the best. the IP can sautee, slow cook, pressure cook and has a delay timer and keep warm setting. Stove top models just can't compete!

I P B O Y S 2 0 1 7

If you use the delay feature, and add ice cubes instead of water in the morning, you can have braised short ribs at 5:30 when you get home! WHY WAIT??? Though this is not suggested by the manufacturer of Instant Pot™ for food safety reasons, I have done it many times with great success! Where my IPBOYS at???

I know you're giving me shit, but I used one of my friend's crappy rice cookers that didn't have the "fuzzy logic" and it was always inconsistent. The little $25 Aroma brand guy makes rice pretty great all the time, not like I bought into the Zojirushi meme. I do like my InstantPot even if I was skeptical that it'd be as good as a stovetop model. I mas mostly worried about the sear/saute, but it does an alright job considering that it's all gonna be cooked in a wet method anyways.

What the fuck is IPBOYS, is it some fucking twitter meme?

My parents make instant pot recipes all the fucking time. At least twice a week.

I gotta say, it can make the shittiest piece of meat super tender. Great for roasts, or slow cooker type meals.

Any tips on converting dutch oven cooking time to instant pot time?
For example I'd like to replace the 3 hour braising in this recipe to use pressure cooking.
allrecipes.com/recipe/241310/chef-johns-beef-and-barley-stew/

It's their shitty instant pot shill hashtag. Pure fucking marketing cancer.

Why lie sonny?

Ah I see. They assumed I was a shill because I mentioned some tools in a positive context without throwing some "fucks" and "shits" in there peppered with jaded cynicism. My bad.

>What the fuck is IPBOYS, is it some fucking twitter meme?
Some fag (probably the same that spam in the fucking energy drink threads) copying the cancerous "sipboys" meme.

you really can't replace it, but it should be fine after 1 hour. the problem will be avoiding mushy vegetables while still cooking the meat. that 3 hour slow cooking time looks like way too much based on the pictures people posted.

my best suggestion would be to cube your meat relatively small, use less liquid, and then put it on for 30-45 minutes. i always mess up my meals because i don't want to wait long enough. i put it on 20 minutes, sperg out and end up opening it as soon as the buzzer goes off

kikebook.com/groups/InstantPotCommunity/

The instantpot is an advanced microwave that people only use for slow cooking and pressure cooking. I've never known anyone to use the other features

Using mine right now, IPBOYS INDAHOUSE!

wat u cook

Carrot and brocolli, last time I sous vide veg-waste of time. Had it with cola ham., which I made last week.

It's not a meme. That's why people don't understand the positivity on this board.
The I P B O Y S weekly general is a collection of like minded anons who have a common interest in seeing that their need for a slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, warming device, pressure cooker and sautee station is being delivered on with electronic thermostatic control and a built in delay and keep warm feature. It's almost exactly like /alc weekly threads except instead of being focused on depression and disease, it's focused on positive energy and healthy home cooked eating. You see, Instant Pot™ doesn't just sell cookware, they promote a lifestyle - and so do the I P B O Y S.