I NEED TO BUY A DUTCH OVEN LIKE RIGHT NOW I NEED SOME RECOMMENDATIONS!!!

I NEED TO BUY A DUTCH OVEN LIKE RIGHT NOW I NEED SOME RECOMMENDATIONS!!!
hows this look?
Lodge 7 quart cast iron.

PLZ RESPOND

if you need a dutch oven you're just straight up retarded

I want to cook 4 pounds of beef with a bed shallots and other vegetable in red wine. Wtf would i use then you stupid ass piece of shit. Fucking women i swear.

Why did you buy fag food without a means to cook it? Were you high?

Not a cast iron Dutch oven, that's for sure. Wine will ruin the seasoning and corrode the metal. Use a stoneware porcelain Dutch oven, or a cocotte.

Thank you for your reply. Thats a helpful tip.

Can i use an enameled cast iron?

I like my le creuset enamel dutch oven

I cook things with wine and tomatoes in my CI all the time. I think Veeky Forums in general just worry more about acids in CI than they have to.
It's seasoned with porklard if you were wondering.

Will check out thanks

I cook beef bourguignon and daube provençales quite often in winter when we feel like having hot and hearty meals.
I use pic related

Actually. Enameled cast Iron is a better alternative. The seasoning on the cast iron would leach out when you add the wine (acidity, ya know?) ... not very desireable in the flavor profile

If you season your cast iron well you shouldn't have to worry about acidic food or sauces.

You should if you're going to simmer them for several hours.

Plus men do not need iron, it kills your heart...

Yes, that's the whole point of the enameled ones really.

Thanks. I ended up going with aluminum tray to save 70 shekels

Boneless chuck

Searing

If you want to make a wine heavy slow cooked piece of meat you gotta let it stay marinate in red wine overnight before searing it and use said marinated wine to cook it after searing.

Ill try this next time thanks. About to go in the oven for 1.5 hours. Flipped every 45 mins.

I am super anal about my cast iron but after about 4 months of oiling and cooking in it I find acids do just fine in it

Is that cheese slices on top?

I got turned off cooking in aluminum all the time
am I just falling for the latest "health" meme

>four fucking bay leaves in that small tray and all that rosemary

I can't see this going well for you, that gravy is going to taste like pine-sol

Dutch oven?

Butter m8. cheese will be on the side

More like 8 and 3 small sprigs of rosemary.

get enameled mongoloid. lodge 5 qt enameled is goat. le creuset is retardedly expensive

Op I forgot to mention I have the 5quart version of this and I fucking love it

go for it IMO