Read the savage detectives and I realized spending money on books is a meme...

Read the savage detectives and I realized spending money on books is a meme, but I still want to have my own physical copies in my apartment. What's the best way to steal physical books? Take them from the library and just peel off the barcode? or go to a mom and pop store with a backpack and load a couple in? I know you faggots do this, spill the beans.

Aren't there tons of shoplifting guides/tutorials on the internet?
Don't steal from mom and pop stores thought, that's douchey. Stealing is fine if you're stealing from rich people or corporations, steal from big chains only

Veeky Forums confirmed a lefty board

Corporate bookstores have CCTV and security guards though, much more risky

all the greed of a capitalist without the basic sense of moral restraint

Nah fuck that, just anti-corporate.

>Read the savage detectives and I realized spending money on books is a meme
you had zero passion for it in the first place
>but I still want to have my own physical copies in my apartment.
you're just a fashion reader fuck off m8.

>or go to a mom and pop store with a backpack and load a couple in?

You help those stores, you don't rob them.

That hurts the average employee more than the higher-ups.

No it doesn't.

Stealing from mom and pop stores hurts them more than the average employee at big corporate chains. You're just making excuses because you're a pussy.

If you want to be a thief then go steal from the right targets, badass. Or you can swindle from some old pleasant people because you are too scared to do it right.

Stealing from chains creates careers in Loss Prevention and everybody down the line from R&D to marketing to to factory line workers in the commercial alarm system and security technology business. This extra capital and market means the companies are driven to make better and cheaper alarm and security technology which can be used in airports or other high-risk targets of terrorism.
Highstreet theft stimulates the economy, creates careers, thwarts terrorism and saves lives.

kek

I've stolen a few bookcases of books from a multi-story shop. They had a slow elevator with no surveillance so I picked the books that I wanted on one floor, took an elevator ride, stuffed them in my backpack and left the shop on an other floor. That worked for me, although very location-specific.

Savage Detectives is god tier, btw.
Greetings from Stuttgart, Germany

Protecting the Lil shopkeepers is more of a rural right wing trait

You'd have to have your brain in your arse to support big retail chains

Goodwill, DAV, Salvation Army.
Anywhere from $0.50-$3.00
I will also buy Rowling hardcovers and get an instant 25% store credit for them at Book Exchange.

Just show up with a gun and a bag and tell them to throw all their Pynchon, DFW, Shakespare, Cervantes, Nietzsche and Joyce in the bag while pointing the gun at them

>buy one, so the electronic alarm is desactivated
>return next day but change the bought one for a new one at the shelf
> ask money back
>take the desactivated one from the shelf and put it on your backpack
>???
>profit

read savage detectives a few years back

thought it was shit

just a bunch of dumb spics jerking over some cunt named octavio paz doing non sequitur shit, tainted me against reading any other bolan-yo, try to rectify my situation lit

this post sucks

why is not having "passion" for consumerism a bad thing?

well for starters they disliked octavio paz

I enjoyed TSD...was a great lead in to 2666. Miss the fact that there's nothing else quite like those two works. Bolano was probably my favorite writer of the past aughts.