Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread (QTDDTOT)

Last one went well, let's have another thread for simple questions and the like.

I have around a pound or so of ground beef that is a little freezer burnt on the edges. I want to use it for something since I don't want it to go to waste, and I was deciding between meatloaf or spaghetti. I know the taste and texture will be off, but I don't really care about that. In either dish, is there something specific I should take note of when handling the meat? Also are meatballs simple to make?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pan-roasted-chicken-thighs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it redundant to use sake when you already have mirin (~12% alcohol)? In gyudon and teriyaki chicken for example.

You can make chilli con carne, cook the beef so it's extra browned and a bit crispy

mirin is pretty sweet and sake adds a stronger "rice" flavor. Generally the two are combined for various japanese recipes so I wouldn't say it's redundant.

>mirin is pretty sweet and sake adds a stronger "rice" flavor. Generally the two are combined for various japanese recipes so I wouldn't say it's redundant.

Thank you. That's what I always do, but I started wondering if I could save a few bucks and not bother with the sake.

You don't need fancy sake. I use Gekkeikan. It's under $10 (my liquor store sells it for $6) for a bottle that will last you a few weeks if you cook japanese food often.

I like to use Hakutsuru for cooking, it's about the same price point but i feel that it has more flavor. gekkeikan is really easy to drink so if you like to take a few sips while cooking it's good to use too

Oh damn, my shops don't even carry that brand. Sucks living in flyoverland.

no worries Gekkeikan is perfectly ok

Mine is about Halloween candy. How much do you give out to each kid?. I'm really stressed out about it. The neighbor says we get "a lot" but can't give me a number. My first Halloween with trick or treaters where I'm actually giving the candy and I just need direction.

One large, or 3-4 fun size.

Can I do anything with Envy apples? I bought them because I liked the color and wanted to try something new, but I found that I wasn't a big fan of them. I was wondering if I could prepare them in some way or just eat them normally

Cooking apples, even shit ones makes them god-tier. Also, if you add them (whole with some slashes in the flesh) to stews, dahls or soups, the pectin in the apple thickens them

it goes off for drinking pretty quick, but 2-3 weeks is easily fine for cooking.

if you're really hard up for storage time for some reason you can use taiwanese cooking michiu and dial back salt at the rate of 1tbsp/liter (gets messy if you're only using soy as a salt source and don't have msg handy tho)

curry neutralizes freezer burn taste sometimes.

meatballs are very simple. if you have no crackers, make toast. then mix in whatever tastes good with what you are fixing them for. egg or two for binder.

I recently bought chicken thighs for the first time, namely because they were so cheap compared to breasts. What can I do with them? I think there's some skin on them, if that helps.

As an aside, I'd like to learn how to make my own stock and stuff for soups and gravies.

Are the boneless or not?

3cm cube and remove skin, marinate both chicken and skin with sake, soy, garlic, ginger, sesame oil for half an hour
remove skin, add egg, marinate for another half hour.
skewer skin and grill or broil until crisp.
when meat is ready, dredge in potato starch, then in cake flour.
fry over medium heat until almost done, rest 3 minutes, then over high for 1-2.
serve with potato salad.

Please try to gain at least a speck of self-confidence over the next 9 days, friend.

This.

half a 12 oz beer

Does anyone have a link to a torrent for pic related

How can I make salt stick to popcorn without using butter or oil? I've tried grinding up the salt and even buying popcorn salt, it still doesn't stick. What 0 calorie substances work?

I even tried pam cooking spray, it worked, but even though it says it's 0 calories, it has like 1200 serving in a can, so every serving is probably like 0.9 calories and 0.25 seconds of a spray.

Anyone has tips for making curry?
Especially with spices, I can't deal with the fact that bought curry tastes so much better than the one I make

I give them the tiny 8 oz cans of bud light or coors, kids with good costumes get a 32 oz Natty bottle

toast the spices, use ghee, use fresh veggies, don't overcook them.
what do use usually use in a curry?

Query: Why is everyone that takes these threads seriously a humongous retard that thinks they know much more than they actually do?

Tomato purée.
I don't know why but it just works.
Make sure you cook it out fully or you'll get a metallic taste.

thanks, I always use fresh veggies, with toast you mean roast?
I think the spices are my main problem, do you mix your own mixture?

already doing this, but thanks

I ended up going with meatloaf. It came out pretty well, even though I accidentally mixed the brown sugar/ketchup/mustard glaze into the loaf instead of coating it. I added a fuckton of cayenne and some cinnamon, and the final product is pretty satisfying. Though I would hope for it to look a little better and have a crust, it's fine

How is best to cook them? I probably won't do any stews until I get some whole beef

Is Veeky Forums getting worse as a whole?

Meatballs are pretty simple to make, but to make the best meatballs you need 50/ 50 beef and pork, and possibly veal as well.

it feels that way

Does Yeast work without adding sugar?

Since nobody answered I used instant cocoa powder that mostly consists out of sugar as a starter for the yeast, the bread might taste funny...

Good luck, user, post results

I already ate a part of it, pics come soon.

Love seafood and cook fresh and tinned fish all the time. Always wanted to get good at crab and lobster. Obviously the main problem is the cost so picked up some tinned crab last time I went shopping just to try it out.

Whats a good dish for tinned crab meat?

I buy only buy thighs for chicken and this is a simple start.

thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pan-roasted-chicken-thighs/

Just cook the whole pack then put the spares in the fridge or make some god tier sandwiches.

Ive always found thighs much better to stew and casserole as well.

Find a recipe for a crab bisque. Tinned crab should work fine for that.

Not the guy you were talking to, but baked apples are nice. Core out the apple and stuff it with butter, pecans and brown sugar. Throw them in a baking dish and put a bit of boiling water in the bottom of the dish. Put em in a 350 oven for like 40 minutes.

Are peanut butter filled pretzels worth importing to try?

They're good, but I wouldn't pay the import costs for them.

snyder makes them now

I'm in Australia, they're prob at Costco here but I can't be fucked buying a membership and travelling there.