what the fuck do i buy I've never done this before

Other urls found in this thread:

mealkitsupply.com/MRE/US/product/pallet-mre-12-pack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First you need to make a list

Going into the grocery store without knowing what you want is a rookie mistake

what do i buy?

A gun to shoot yourself you fucking failure

What do you want to make is the first list, then get what you need to make everything...

How about you pick 3 dishes you enjoy eating. Then Google recipes for each, and buy the required ingredients at the store.

Look, this is all you need to live cheaply, healthily, and frugally. Be warned that this info WILL break your fuckin face

>chicken breasts or thighs, they are cheaper
>fish
>lean beef
>bagged brown rice
>lentils
>bagged dried bean (bvlack pinto)
>frozen veggies (broccoli, peas, corn, etc)
>fresh veggies (cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, avocados)
>nuts (almonds, peanuts, pistachios, walnuts)
>cottage cheese
>potaoes (bake em, mash em, slice and pan fry em)
>olive oil
apples, oranges, berries
>nut butters
>oats
>spices

Also exercise and go to fit and read the sticky

>go to the grocery store high as fuck without a list
>only need a few items and convinced I can remember them
>IGOTTHIS
>grab a shopping cart and go through the isles looking for stuff I need
>end up grabbing everything a bunch of shit that looks good
>end up filling the cart to the brim with shit
>get to the checkout
>only have $80 in checking
>"that'll be $280"
>all the groceries are already bagged and there's a long ass line behind me
>forced to use my debit card which will charge me a $30 overdraft fee
>get home and binge on my purchases
>half the shit eventually ends up going bad anyway
Never again

What next?

Garlic, Onions, Tomatoes, Peppers, Potatoes, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Spinach, Mushrooms

Apples, Bananas, Stawberries, Mangoes, Kiwi Fruits (& whatever other fruits you like asshole)

Fresh: Beef mince, Pork mince, Bacon, Boneless/Skinless Chicken thighs, Tuna steaks, Sea Bass, Mackerel, Prawns (stick those in the freezer cabron)

Dry: Oats, Rice, Pasta, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Chili, Coriander, Cumin, Turmeric, Bouillon, OId Bay, Tomato paste, Oregano, Bay leaves

Tinned: Beans and Pulses of any variety, Sardines, Anchovies, Mackerel, Chopped or Plum Tomatoes

Herbs: Parsley, Dill, Coriander

You're set for a month

What have you been doing with your life?

eating fast food or whatever mom cooked

this but remove all the animal products

I agree that veganism is the way to go ethically, but it's just not viable usually as far as financials go, in my experience. Also

Eggs too

have something to eat first since you don't wanna shop on sale. acquire sale ads and buy the shit you want that's on sale. get a club card. save $

*on an empty stomach, not on sale

>but it's just not viable usually as far as financials go, in my experience.
how so? all you need is a b12 supplement with your rice and beans.

Good idea, live like a North Korean peasant.

Sound advice.

>2017
>going grocery shopping
Why not enjoy a nice glass of soylent while getting all your nutrients and not dealing with the hassle of figuring out what to eat?

>legal weed
>no globalism

Doesn't sound too bad.

Having legal weed in a country where there is no food to feed your muncies is just cruel

I usually panic in the grocery store and can only shop at a walmart when theyre not busy

>Feel like a monster everywhere I go
>Tried to shop at a normie grocery store and freaked out since so many people there
>Couples, kids, families and me sitting there panicking
>I'll stick to walmart or gas station food

Are you a bear?

Disgusting and lifeless

>First you need to make a list

I'd like to add to what this user said...

First, you have to know what you want to cook for the next week or so.
Then you make a list of all the ingredients you'd need.
Go to the store, list at the ready, and buy only that stuff. Minimize impulse buys as much as possible or you'll waste all your money.

>9586301
i don't know how to cook

We got those at work, my boss was trying to be a cool guy and purchased a few crates for overtime crews.

>lead programmer gets one of the bad ones
>throwing up like crazy
>boss horrified
>tries to get a refund on the soylent
>only gets a partial refund
>boss swears that soylent will never enter this office again

lol

You live in an age where information is more readily available than ever before. If you want to learn to cook, you've got the means to learn. You just have to make an effort and devote time to it.

I just go up and down every aisle and if I see something delicious I grab it.

I fail to understand how even the most autistic, basement dwelling manbaby could lack the grasp of everyday functions to go to the fucking grocery store and pick out his own food. It just blows my mind. If I were that stunted, I'd just go ahead and tie a plastic bag around my head and be done with it.

No, just a lonely guy who gets nervous around normal people

You see other people with their families and I'm alone, I just let me emotions control my life, I guess Im a fucking idiot

make sure it's loaded. make sure there's a round in the chamber. point it at your face and pull the trigger.

I wonder if you'd go to prison for this post if the dumbass actually did it

>rice and beans
mmm legumes and veggies every day.

Some pretty good tips here. I'm going to give you the advanced technique.

Step 1. Look through the online weekly ads for the stores you like to use. Note who has the best sales on the things you like to use.

Step 2. Plan a menu for the week using the ad of whichever store had the best deals that week and, possibly more importantly, using up any perishables you already have. (This is usually based on the meat and produce sections. Vendors tend to provide very similar deals to all stores on prepackaged goods.)

Step 3. Look up all of your recipes, and compile a shopping list that cover your needs.

Step 4. Have a meal. Never shop hungry. No impulse buys.

Step 5. Shop. If your store has a loyalty program or anything, make sure you're using it. Also, you are not too cool for coupons. Most major chains now have electronic coupons you can attach to your loyalty card via a phone app. Use them.

Extra tips: Develop meal habits that utilize a lot of cheap shelf stable items that you can buy cheaper in bulk. For instance, if you do meals heavy in rice, get on Amazon, and buy yourself a rolling airtight dry goods bin. Then start going to asian supermarkets when you buy rice, and buy it in 50 lbs. bags. Look around your town. I can get 3 lbs of pinto beans at the Mexican market for the same price as 1 lbs at the supermarket. For spices and seasonings, you will almost always find better prices at the foreign markets. The spice aisle in the supermarket is a complete ripoff.

I would also recommend you start tracking your budget. You will find that food is the easiest place to save money if you can shop intelligently. The key is to buy the right amount. People who get too fancy trying to make a different meal every night of the month end up throwing out a ton of crap as it spoils.

>falling for the glo/ck/ 43 meme
>not just buying a 19

Even better advice than chicken breasts/thighs is to just buy whole chickens and learn to break them down. Cheapest option and you get every part for variety. Freeze what you're not going to use for a while.

Has anyone thought that this sort of thread is like a "Best Buddies" thing? Normal, adjusted adults are giving people with developmental disabilities advice on how to not be a failure in life.

Anyways, just learn to make decent rice with a stove or ricemaker, and pair foods with that. You can make curries, chili, chicken, random sauteed veggies, or whatever cornstarch-thickened slop you can come up with and put it over plain white (or brown) rice. That should satisfy hunger exquisitely. Make fried rice out of the leftovers. Live like the north korean peasant you are.

>Club card.
Oh yes, so that way the store can fucking spy on you?
Nice fucking try!

Unless you are always shopping using only cash, they know exactly what you are buying anyways.

>t. I write loyalty software for a living.

>t. C# programmer for a shitty bank IT department writing CRUD apps for tech-illiterate clients

This but unironically

>best buddies

>tfw over 30, have a new job in a new state, no friends and single
eating alone is ok sometimes but it gets old.

Get help, seek a professional. Sounds like you have social anxiety. This can negatively effect your life, and it can be manageable.

Not him, but I think I have that. I can't talk to new people unless I'm drunk. Consequentially, I'm a shut-in alcoholic.

Follow my advice. Cognitive behavioral therapy could do you wonders. If you're really an alcoholic, work on getting over your addiction. It might be hard, but so be is life living as an addict. Also it will only hinder your life experiences. Please get help user, I really want you to try your best, and sometimes very you need help doing that

I've never food shopped either OP, and I'm 25 years old. My mother always did it for me. But now that I bought a house after living at home I just order large amounts of mres in bulk so I won't have to go outside much, I don't even use a refrigerator for anything.

mealkitsupply.com/MRE/US/product/pallet-mre-12-pack/

This is what I got, I'd recommend just ordering mres online and eating them, no going outside, and no more food shopping. I also keep all of my snacks and drinks in my bedroom also, so I don't have to go to the kitchen. Pic related. Most of my mres are kept in the pantry, so I can't put my snacks anywhere else

>list
being this much of a brainlet cant remember what you need to buy

I think you are on the wrong website buddy...

10 dollars for an MRE bought at bulk. No thanks

only in the UK

>all those water bottles
you don't have to go outside to drink tap water

>buy nuts
>buy nut butters
Why not grind your own from the nuts you already fucking bought

dude ill jack u off

grinding your nuts is hard fucking work

If you're tempted to buy something you don't need just scream at yourself inside your head.

>drinking tap water.

What is this. A /c/k/ thread now?

You decide on how much you will spend on food for x days / week, then you go buy it, lists help if you are buying alot of things. I usually only buy frozen spinach and eggs so I don't need them.