Rice cooker recipes

Got a rice cooker a while back(see picture for model) and I've been wanting to try it out. Any good recipes that anyone knows? Preferably ones that are good for leftovers for lunch and such.

>see picture for model

Can you still take it back?
Low-end models without even a locking lid are trash.

I can't even remember where I bought it. If I use it enough then I can justify a higher-end model.

Was gonna say this. A rice cooker is a kind of low-pressure cooker, it needs a locking lid.
Also just Google "rice cooker recipes" and you'll have all the info you need. Half the people on Veeky Forums don't believe in rice cookers and the other half literally don't cook anything

Why would you spend money on a rice cooker when you can do the same job with a normal pot?

You must not eat rice much.

I eat a lot of rice, but I don't see the benefit of cooking it under pressure. Never tried it, but I'm skeptical.

Nigga, that's just a tiny crock pot.

>Never tried it
>I'm skeptical
How about trying it instead of meming about it on Veeky Forums

What's the benefit though? It's 6 AM where I'm at, I'm not gonna start cooking rice in a pressure cooker that I don't have.

>cooking it under pressure
That rice cooker doesn't cook it under pressure... FYI tho, rice cooked under pressure is GOAT.

I had a rice cooker when I was living in a tiny apartment with a shit kitchen. It's a nice "set it and forget it" cooking device that made rice, pasta, oatmeal and all kinds of other stuff. I particularly like getting up in the morning using it to cook oatmeal while I showered and got dressed. Way better than instant oatmeal and it kept me away from fattening convenience breakfasts.
If you have a nice kitchen and plenty of time to cook, then you'll be fine without a rice cooker. But for some people they're very handy devices
BTW OP
Rice cooker pancakes. They're huge, fluffy and tasty as hell. Especially if make them with beer instead of water.

But is rice cooked with a rice cooker somehow superior to normally cooked rice, or is it just a matter of convenience? Because to be honest I also "set and forget" the rice after I season it and put the water in, the only thing I have to remember is to check on it after 15-20 minutes to make sure it's close to finishing, so if that's the only thing a rice cooker does it doesn't sound super helpful.

It's not just rice though, you can do that with any kind of cereal in arice cooker

Before shaving your beard, put a towel and water inside the rice cooker. After getting warm, the towel goes in your face. Thanks me later.

>the only thing I have to remember is to check on it after 15-20 minutes
that's what set it and forget it means... it turns off automatically at the right time. there are more advanced units that also allow for a programmable delay and also the ability to set different cooking styles for different types of rice - basmati, jasmine, brown, sticky, short grain sushi...

I'd recommend the instant pot because it replaces a rice cooker and a half dozen other kitchen items and makes the best rice i've ever tasted.

IMO a rice cooker is worth the price. they are pretty cheap and they make your life easier.

Dude, rice cookers are just a nice convenience for some people, if you don't need one you don't have to buy one.
Don't get all wrapped up in it.

I was genuinely curious, that's why I was asking

>half dozen other kitchen items
Which? Big reason for me to get one

They turn themselves off so you can't scorch your rice. They are also handy for making other dishes if you don't have a good kitchen set up.
That is it. Your curiosity has been satisfied.

it's superior, japanese government has done double-blind studies.

op, yours isn't a pressure cooker with even heating elements and selectable times/target-temp settings, so most rice cooker recipes are beyond it. it still works as a slow cooker if you're willing to hang around it slapping the button back down, tho, there's a whole bachelor cooking tradition based around one-pot cooking lipton or knorr or rice-a-roni packets with diced chicken or pork that you can live on while you save for an upgrade.