I sometimes wonder what it's like to not be a texture autist

I sometimes wonder what it's like to not be a texture autist.

I don't hate any taste really, but crunchy vegetables like Onion and Tomato disgust me horriblely

Onions are in literally everything, I feel cursed because I hate their texture.

What textures do you dislike?

Just cook your onions more ya knob

>tomato
>crunchy

>tomato
>crunchy vegetable
What?

The cooked onions a shit. they have the worst textures

l want to eat frozen foods straight out of the freezer but I cannot stand the icy texture on the outside. I may have to dip them in a bowl of hot melted butter or melted cheese or microwave tomato sauce that will melt the outer icy layer without actually cooking the food. Actually, pan frying some onions and them using them to smother this frozen food might do the trick. Thanks @ OP! The frozen food is natto btw.

Raw its usually springy with a crunch to it.

high effort, low quality b8

>dip in a bowl of melted butter
Fatty begone

I absolutely hate onions that aren't crunchy funnily enough. Either raw or fried to fuck plz. Also hate soggy mushrooms, peppers... soggy anything.

Yeah I know that feel.
I don't have issues with onions used in sauce or sautéed with something as long as I don't crunch it.
The worst part is that I eat absolutely everything but I just can't bite into an onion, raw or cooked. Same goes for tomato. There definitely something up because all food autists have issues with onions and tomatoes.
And I say this as someone whose father used to be a French chef and pretty much grew up in one of the most popular French restaurants in a major city.

>I sometimes wonder what it's like to not be a texture autist.
It's great. You can order random foods wherever you go just for the sake of finding out what they are and trying them because you have no fears they might contain some ingredient you won't like.
>Onions are in literally everything, I feel cursed because I hate their texture.
You can get over that if you really want to. Plenty of folks have aversions to specific foods and textures in childhood. This is easy if mommy is willing to indulge you. But it's a pain in the ass when you grow up and realize the rest of the world is less indulgent. I watched my niece go through the texture thing with onions. As a little girl she absolutely refused to eat anything with onions. In high school she started eating out with friends and her bf. Suddenly onions were OK in a handful of specific situations. Then she went to college in a city and was exposed to a wide variety of foods. She's still no fan of onions, but she's grown up and gotten over herself, so she no longer avoids them. And in that process the texture of them stopped grossing her out as she got used to it. She's still not going to seek out dishes heavy on onions, but she no longer has a problem with them. My brother was the same way with tomatoes as a kid, but got over it in his early 20's.

Also my wife just reminded me she had the texture thing as a little girl. Eating beans, nuts, onions and tomatoes all made her gag. She got over that in her 20's, but there was some conscious effort involved. Her sister still won't eat beans.

You just glanced at that post and saw that one line.

Soggy/soft fruit and wet bread

Fruit is slimy and gross in your mouth.

no it's fucking not

green beans, cucumbers, carrots, these are all things i've pulled out of my garden, taken a bite of, and had it be crunchy

never a tomato, i'd burn all my tomato plants if one was crunchy

Unironically i really like raw onion texture, in stir fry I would find the most raw one and take it for my own. It's satisfying to have the crunch

Microwave them first to soften them (after cutting).

tofu

>crunchy
>Tomato

I hate oatmeal. Its lumpy and slimey at the same time.

Do you have chicken tenders or Dino bits in your freezer? Be honest...

Dont be such a crunchy tomato

Huh, your wife definitely still gags when she eats a nut. Good girl though.

>I sometimes wonder what it's like to not be a texture autist.
It's fantastic. I enjoy basically all textures, given the right situation.

try onions in the oven and cook them about as long as you cook potatoes. they lose the rubbery texture but maintain the crisp. onions are probably the only vegetable i eat.

Due to their texture, leeks are some of the only I find unpleasant to eat in all their forms. Are leeks just low-tier veggies or is there something wrong with me?

this
crunchy >>>> soggy
I'm not a baby though, not eating something for it's texture is just childish

no bananas for you ?

not sure what's wrong with their texture but for me leeks are basically knock-off onions/onion "leaves"
On the topic, how the fuck are those green shits growing from the top of onion called in English, never came up for me to learn it