Who has read this book? do you realize how much places like Veeky Forums are destroying our brains?

who has read this book? do you realize how much places like Veeky Forums are destroying our brains?

Haven't read it.
Sum it up for us in a sentence or two.

good honestly. How horrible it would be to find out that absolutely nothing came out of all this wasted time on the computer. At least I can console myself with the fact that it was damaging and can provide for excuses down the line. Like cigarette smoking, how awful it would be to find out that it was life that killed you rather than the cigarette

I have honestly learnt more from Veeky Forums than I have from school

This is probably true for most people. I've expanded my cultural horizons more from this site than everything else combined.

Our brains are adapting to better cope with the world we find ourselves in. To people accustomed to the old world, that appears to be destruction.

Was gonna read it but I was put off by how old it is, the internet seems to have exploded since it was published. Is it still worth a read?

>ruining
>implying anyone under 25 wasn't raised on their devices and doomed from the start.

no being conditioned to chase instant gratification from tiny snippets of text isn't good for you

School is more about your ability to follow through on long term commitments. If you don't do well in school you're probably unreliable unless you're exceptionally intelligent and bored, which may well be the case.

so basically fascists and leftists are the same?

what does "good for you" mean objectively? how do you know this? is that the only effect the internet has? how are you certain the other, positive effects might not outweigh it?

I was bored and didn't focus in school, not sure i'm "exceptionally intelligent" I just hated being there, they made learning a chore.

90% of people under 25 can't hold a conversation or make direct eye contact.

great post 2bh

>90% of *white people under 25 can't hold a conversation or make direct eye contact.

ftfy

Even if that were true, which it laughably isn't, so what? They don't need those skills because they use different mediums to communicate.

It seems to apply to Ching and Pajeet as well imo

what
where the hell did you take that from

It is only destroying your brain because you don't know how to do it properly or because you are part of some kind of militantly prejudice group that hates you.

I just use the internet because I have barely any aspiration at the moment and can't be bothered to use the effort to quit smoking and study.

this, but not just Veeky Forums, the internet in general

the old society was already destroyed by television, mass marketing, consumerism. the internet has been, if anything, a force AGAINST this. no information is unavailable to somebody with an internet connection.

>no information is unavailable to somebody with an internet connection.
There's none so blind as those who won't see -- save for those who don't even need to make the effort not to see, as their personalised filter bubbles hide what they'd not want to and only show what affirms it.