How does Veeky Forums feel about London Broil?

How does Veeky Forums feel about London Broil?
I went to the store tonight to get a steak but they were out of ribeye's and strip steaks. Saw this sitting in the bin and decided to try it.
Marbling looks fantastic.
Any certian way to cook this other than pan seared with a little butter and garlic?

Your jaw is gonna be getting a good workout tonight.

THICC

Oh boy. I know nothing about this cut. Is it really tough? Guess I'll soon find out.

its for slow cooking like brisket or something, at least cut it thin against the grain if you want to stand a chance

monitoring

You need to marinate for a couple hours first, otherwise it will turn to shoe leather as soon as you apply heat to it.

London Broil is my favorite cut for when I make beef jerky.

I would cut it into strips maybe 2 inches thick, pound them as flat as possible, then give them a good long soak in some marinade with some kind of acid in it (lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, oil would be good)

Very tough. You definitely want to marinate it for a few hours at least if you're just going to pan fry it. Even then, it's only edible if you slice across the grain into thin strips.

Welp. Gonna try a reverse sear on this. See what happens.

Destined to be shoe leather.

It doesn't take four mintues to sear. Need an update!

It'll still come out chewy. It's round steak, a tough cut of meat without a lot of connective tissue.
That's why literally the entire thread is telling you to marinate it.

He's "reverse searing" which is literally slow roasting it to start and then dropping it in a hot pan to brown the outside.

See

Cut super thin and make cheese steak. Or sear and braise the fuck outta it with root vegetables to make a nice stew dinner

Retard

You sound smart.

250F for 1 hour
Pan sear

Well it was always destined to be shoe leather because OP is a failed abortion that can't Google a recipe.

Very tasty when properly marinated, also makes good jerky when you can catch it on sale. I actually really like London broil.

Retard

OK

Hint: follow the actual chain of replies

OK

Banana

INTO THE PAN

aaand lets let it sit for a few minutes

oil: nice and cold

welcome back jack

aaaand here we are
Honestly not as bad as I was expecting. A little chewy but still edible.

Cut it thin with a sharp knife and it's fine as a steak. Fuck all the haters.

Serve it up with a tater, salad and a brew and it makes for a decent little Sunday night dinner.

I see you putting this in a pan but where is the sear? It looks like it just came out of oven. Work on your sear user, you are better than this.

man, that's depressing

Been meaning to ask this for a while. What's a decent cut of steak for some dinner similar to that doesn't cost 10 bucks now a days?
Local grocery/butcher has all the good cuts for 8+ burgerbucks and for that I could just buy 3-4 pounds of chicken/pork/ground beef or whatever.

steak isn't meant to be cheap ya faggot
get a better job if you want to eat more steak

It's good if you slice it into strips and cook it with the right seasonings. Eating it like a regular steak is going to be very underwhelming.

It's a pretty good cut of lean beef for $5 a pound if you marinate it for 24 hours