Chicken Tenders

Why is McDonald's and Wendy's just starting to get into selling tendies when culvers has always had them?

What the fuck is Culvers? Is that like a west coast only franchise?

Never heard of Culvers, but McDonald's is just now bringing their tenders back. They're not new. They were gone for maybe 6-8 years?

The McDonald's tenders aren't new, they had them when I worked there when I was in high school.

I think it's from Wisconsin. One recently opened in my area and I'm loving it. It's almost like an upgrade of Steak N Shake

still, why? it was discontinued for some reason or another.

Yes, and oddly enough Wendy's discontinued their spicy nuggets at the same time BK just picked them up (which honestly seem like the same exact manufacturer). Must be a new manufacturer on the block, or new breakthrough in a certain aspect of its automation, kind of like how every fast food chain was tripping over themselves to get pretzel buns a few years back.

fast food. but they cook to order, makes a big difference. I'd rather wait a few extra minutes to have fresh cook to order rather than have shit food from a warmer oven

Man, I love Culver's tendies. I eat them 3 or 4 times a week. Never had the buffalo ones, but I might go for it tomorrow.

The new tendies aren't the same as the old chicken selects though. They're basically the buttermilk chicken sandwich patty cut into tenders.

Midwest only, actually.

This. Chicken selects were the superior tendie.

They must have been expensive to produce, why else would they just vanish?

South Carolina is not midwest and we have Culvers here.

there's always some sort of business reason behind it. supply, profitability, menu simplifcation. there may be an article about it somewhere on the web.

Wendys doesnt have spicy chicken nuggers anymore. worthless.

and it probably had dark chicken meat in it back then? not implying that dark meat is bad, though.

Chicken Selects are still available in the First World.

According to the Mickey D's site they still sell chicken selects. I've never seen them ever.

Canes has the best tendies

Wait they don't? When the hell did that happen?

I’ll have a butter burger, with butter fries and an order of butter chicken with a butter flavored concrete mixer

you got good taste user.

Wendy's and McD's are also selling their own version of a tomato/black pepper dipping sauce. It's a sauce that Zaxby's has always had and puts it with its tender plates by default, unless you ask for a different sauce.

They are clearly trying to copy the tendie trend led by Chick-fil-A, Zaxby's, and the like. It's interesting that they decided to do this at the exact same time.

>Midwest only, actually.

Culver's has recently branched out. There are now multiple locations in Florida.

>anchovy
look at the ingredients list wtf

mah nigga!

i wish we had Cane's on the east coast...

So last week?

Raising Cane's has the best dipping sauce

You should see what the asians can do with shrimp paste

The ingredients basically are ketchup and mayo

This is correct.

Culvers tenders suck. Literally Jack in the box tier.

Hardees has god tier tendies though.

AKA worcestershire sauce.

you must have an Asian variant for that. I have a bottle if that shit and it doesn't have that in it...

Raising canes has the best sauce and chicken tenders

I was eating chicken selects in Houston about 3 years ago, don't know if their still there. It seems like it was a short regional promotion because you got sawmill gravy with them. I don't remember how they were but I must have liked them, I remember getting it several times and I wasn't a McDonald's regular

It's hard for mega chains like those to compete, quality-wise, with smaller, highly specialized chains like Zaxby's and Raising Cane's, and price-wise with the Jack in the Boxes of the world, where the tenders intended to be as dirt cheap as a chicken nugget, but without the "Hurr hurr can you find the nuggets on this chicken cuz we couldn't"-connotations that nuggets have gotten attached to them. The chicken selects thing McD's tried a few years back went belly up because people who wanted chicken tenders tended to gravitate toward the specialty joints when they could and people who wanted cheap mouthfuls of boneless chicken either ordered the nuggets or went to one of the chains with the $3/order sauce shovel-tier chicken strips. We'll see what kind of staying power these new products have.

I'm in middle Tennessee and I know of two Culver's. One is in my town, the other in Nashville.

How are the Wendy's tendies? I tried McD's and wasn't impressed.

Way better than the new McDonald's ones. Give the Wendy's ones a chance.

Would also like to know. The Macdoes tenders actually made me want to vomit. Their texture was shit and were dripping oil like mad.

Top tier:
Raising Cane's
High tier:
Chick-fil-a
Mid tier:
Zaxby's, Culver's
Low tier:
McDonalds, Wendy's, etc.

that's because the person making your food doesn't care what the quality is. it's the 'I don't get paid enough to care' attitude.

>blue rodent walking though door

minimum wage minimum effort nigga

this. I order a pizza and ask for extra sauce on the pizza and they put a nasty heap of sauce and not just the little extra I asked for. I think employees get mad and sarcastically fuck with you and your food if you ask for extras.

actually we just got one in Idaho.

Not in Columbia

>just starting

They had that in the 1980s. What are you smoking?

That's because Columbia has Fazioli's. Nobody can compete with Fazoli's.

Millenials are largely ignorant of history, user. Their lack of short or long-term memory prevents any knowledge of it. If it's not "trending" right now or otherwise blowing up their social media they are completely unaware.

We've had them in the UK for about 8 years now.

>Anchovies aren't the first flavor ingredient (after vinegar sugar salt) of Worcestershire sauce
Am I being memed? Post label or GTFO

No chicken selects aren't old enough for that, and they had the blandest fucking breading swear to god it was just flour

here you go

American sauce is basically sugar water.
What a surprise.

proved my point tho. no anchovy. I dare you to drink it raw if that's what you think.

Yh we've had Chicken Selects in the UK for ages and they're great
Is McDonalds just better over here? Everyone states side rags on it but it's like our best fast food joint and it's not even close...

It's because mcdonalds out there hasn't changed?

>Distributed by Supervalu inc.

At best, some kind of knockoff. Post the front of the bottle, or the label of legit Lea & Perrins.

it's a brand called essential everyday, yes it is generic brand lol

Heh. The local grocery store chain I used to shop at switched from Food Club to Essential Everyday like a year before they went under.

>0.50 per sauce cup

Update: I tried them, and they were pretty good. Would recommend.

Lea & Perrins 4u user

Why does this art style make me irrationally angry?

>upgrade of Steak N Shake
That's not saying alot.

More likely they're minimum wage pizza makers and weren't told how the much exactly what the fuck an extra sauce is and winged it

There are...?
I've seen them in South Carolina and virginia.

chicken selects were actual tenders. The new ones are mechanically processed meat packaged into a tender shape. You can easily tell this by how dense it is biting into it and how it lacks any striation. overall they're shit and not tendies.

My. Fuckin. Nigga. Hardees tendies + their seasoned fries and a fountain drink? The fucking best. Shame they're expensive as tits, but so is Culvers.

I guess the thread is dead now but someone posted a thread about making your own tendies and it inspired me to make my own. I marinated them in kefir with salt then dipped them in seasoned flour, fried them part-way and finished them in the oven. Also made sweet potato fires. Thanks user for the inspiration!

it's because it's cheaper obviously. fast food= cheap food.